znak is offline Senior Member

Question: How to do a quad shot

I have looked at spot injections site and have looked at the injection info on this site and still cannot really figure out how to do a quad shot.

My question is: if I am sitting down and my quad is facing the ceiling, where do I inject.

At 90 degrees to the ceiling (on the side of the quad)?
    At 45 degrees to the ceiling (between the top and the side- this is what it looks like in the picture on this site)?

Do you inject standing up or sitting down?

Thanks Bros.

bump.

What is this newbie hour?

None of you bros on line do your quads?

O.T
    O.T is offline Associate Member
    you dont inject straight into your quad but at an angel

45 degrees

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    bump.

What is this newbie hour?

None of you bros on line do your quads?
    your giving out advice on what ass for people to take, yet dont know how to jab your quad?
    i inject at about a 45 degree angle on the outter part of my quad....mainly to avoid nerves

O.T
    O.T is offline Associate Member
    the plunger should be facing away from your body

p0werlift is offline Banned
    bro, this is the most logical question i can think that ive read all day. the stuff your shooting has to be taken in intramuscularly, take a second and tense your quad muscle up. you feel that BIG ASS muscle, pick a spot, any spot you want on the quad so long as you dont nail a vein. the only place i would say to stay away from is, the very left of your quad because thats wheres alot of nerve's/veins pass through

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p0werlift
    bro, this is the most logical question i can think that ive read all day. the stuff your shooting has to be taken in intramuscularly, take a second and tense your quad muscle up. you feel that BIG ASS muscle, pick a spot, any spot you want on the quad so long as you dont nail a vein. the only place i would say to stay away from is, the very left of your quad because thats wheres alot of nerve's/veins pass through

hmmmm...the left side of wich leg? I always shoot at say 2oclock on my left 10oclock on my right . But ive been hitting nerves latley too .

Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    hmmmm...the left side of wich leg? I always shoot at say 2oclock on my left 10oclock on my right . But ive been hitting nerves latley too .
    sorry i didnt clarify, the left side of your right quad, and right side of your left quad, and also near the very top of your quad, nearing the hips.

why are you shooting on the opposite sides of where the actual muscle is?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    your giving out advice on what ass for people to take, yet dont know how to jab your quad?
    i inject at about a 45 degree angle on the outter part of my quad....mainly to avoid nerves

agreed on both parts.

always aspirate

I have been an ass man my entire life for every cycle I have done. I am now moving into a quantity that I think I will need to rotate the sites more often for, thus, the day before my first quad shot, thought I would check knowledge here.

I only comment on what I know about (I am well past my second cycle and feel comfortable giving advice based on experience and reading that 1000mg of test on a second cycle is not a good idea).

Thanks for your input and, seriously, for your concern. I too want to keep this board a place to get good information.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    sorry i didnt clarify, the left side of your right quad, and right side of your left quad, and also near the very top of your quad, nearing the hips.

sweet , i just learned somthing . I always shoot there cause its kinda easy to hold the needle without wiggleing with the oppisite hand .

And i have virtually no fat on my legs.....there all muscle so i guess i never really noticed , but your right .

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    I have been an ass man my entire life for every cycle I have done. I am now moving into a quantity that I think I will need to rotate the sites more often for, thus, the day before my first quad shot, thought I would check knowledge here.

I only comment on what I know about (I am well past my second cycle and feel comfortable giving advice based on experience and reading that 1000mg of test on a second cycle is not a good idea).

Thanks for your input and, seriously, for your concern. I too want to keep this board a place to get good information.
    i like the quad shots the best, easiest for me to deal with

i like the quad shots the best, easiest for me to deal with

That is what a lot of bros say, which is why I want to try them.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    That is what a lot of bros say, which is why I want to try them.
    im the opposite. I hate quad shots. I hate them so much I vowed never to inject them again...and i havent its all about the traps, and bi/tri/delt injections for me. Quad shots have caused too many problems for me. True they are easy to hit, but the easiest route is not always the best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    im the opposite. I hate quad shots. I hate them so much I vowed never to inject them again...and i havent its all about the traps, and bi/tri/delt injections for me. Quad shots have caused too many problems for me. True they are easy to hit, but the easiest route is not always the best imo.

i agree with you here, quads give me the weirdest pains/problems durring injects, i sometimes have to change out needles 3 times. its traps/tris/chest/delts for me.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    see if this pic helps also

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    see if this pic helps also
    If you also have the top view, it would tell me everything that I need to know.

crowmobe is offline Junior Member
    i would also liek to see the top view. i thought about just going to my doc and asking where to stab my quads cuz i really dont feel like hitting a nerve hit one in my delt adn my arm went numb

Blog Entries
    this is the best i can find

Blog Entries
    this is a better one

crowmobe is offline Junior Member
    thanks that helps alot

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    this is a better one

Super. After a short flame, I got some really good information here.

Thanks bros for the input.

znak

Blog Entries
    ok 1 more

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I like sitting and bend my leg back just a bit so it streaches yet is relaxed. If it is strait in front of you or you stand that is when it feels like you are hitting nerves. After doing quads they are first in my book followed by glutes and delts. Have done some other sites but these are easy quick and can do them without help. Good question.

dtr98 is offline Member
    always hit quads straight in, not at an angle, upper part and outside.
    pecs are good too

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Super. After a short flame, I got some really good information here.

Thanks bros for the input.

znak
    That wasn't a flame but an observation. And I forgot to inclue mid to upper outer quad, so by your description 45deg from ceiling, going into muscle itself at a 90deg.

Dj Reversal is offline Associate Member
    ill give you the best way i know.

i lay on my bed.. i put a pillow or 2 under my foot to elevate it a bit, this will take stress of the leg muscles and let it relax.

then i flex my muscle.

look for the thickest spot about a hands length up from your knee cap on the outer side on the quad.. so your right leg it will be out towards the right side.

i usually inject towards the corner of the muscle at like a 30-45 degree angle in.. push all the way down with a 1 inch, or leave a little showing with a 1 1/2 inch needle...

then what you will want to do is do your aspiration, pull back on the needle make sure no blood shoots in, and then pump it into your leg

lots of nerves and veins in the leg, so dont be surprised if your doing Ed's or EOD's to catch one occasionally.. pull out switch needles alcohol areas always of course and try again..

First injection was so easy, I really wonder why I ever do glute.

On quads, you can see everything, aspirating is simple (when I do my butt and am injecting 2cc it feels like I am twisted around for hours!)

Thanks bros for the input, it helped. This board is great!!!

AVAGO is offline Member

Ive read this about 5 times and hes got it the wrong way around hasnt he ? Just to clarify..

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One
    And?
    I was pointing out duff advice from pOwerlift.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    And?
    I was pointing out duff advice from pOwerlift.
    huh

Quote Originally Posted by Thegr8One
    this was the picture that prompted this post to start with. The angle that they shot this pic from makes the guy's arms as long and as wide as his legs are. (My proportions are a little different, i.e. legs are much bigger than arms. )

Since he is in boxers, you don't really see where he is on his leg either.

POwerlift seems to be shooting the inside of his quad.

I dunno about you guys, but this thread cleared up some stuff and also showed that people do sh$t differently out there.

Bottom line is -- quads are great.

AVAGO is offline Member
    this was the picture that prompted this post to start with. The angle that they shot this pic from makes the guy's arms as long and as wide as his legs are. (My proportions are a little different, i.e. legs are much bigger than arms. )

I dunno about you guys, but this thread cleared up some stuff and also showed that people do sh$t differently out there.

Yeah quadz are gonna be a new site for me too...Thanks for info all (but pOwerlifter)

djgoodspeed is offline Junior Member
    I hit quads! Think I have the most contol there. Next cycle will try shoulders. Scared to hit shoulders!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

The quad has like the biggest safe zone of anywhere on the body. The safe zone on the quad is outter thigh. Its that simple... do not travel around to the ham strings, you can go as low as to the absolute side of your thigh (lateral) which is parallel to where your leg bone joins the hip (I would play it safe and be somewhat forward of that) and you can inject anywhere from the side to the top of your lap. Top of the lap is bound to be somewhat more nerves and more painful as its a more used area of the this muscle. The 45 degree angle is ideal. If you build up scar tissue, people dont realize just how much available real estate we have in the quads for injections. Scar tissue usually is confined to a small area, if you get scar tissue in a spot, move over 1 inch and you are in virgin meat again. You can do down to the side, up towards the lap, about 3 fingers from the hip bone at top or 3 fingers from knee cap is all suitable quad injection areas. Make sure needle goes in between 3/4 inch to 1.5 inches deep and straight in. Unless you are a 105 pound walking skeleton you have tremendous depth of muscle in the leg with little or no risk of hitting bone.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 03-13-2005 at 04:24 AM.

Thread Information