Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation QFS Labs BUSTED!

This is really terrible news bros, this was probably the most respected lab in all of Canada leading the way in new and evolutionary products. It seems as though he was busted last night when the board Muscle-Mavericks owned by the lab was shut down. It was posted on Muscle Nexus, also a Canadian board (stickied) that the lab was in fact busted, his E-mail account apparently sends back a message saying it is under investigation by the police. If you deal with QFS, DO NOT contact him until this has been sorted out or you could risk having attention drawn to yourself as well.

Be careful!
    Last edited by 1-Cent; 08-18-2004 at 02:39 PM.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Holy ****! Let's just hope he didn't keep very detailed records. This is nuts. I got to find out more.

H-BOL is offline Associate Member
    unless your a reseller im sure youll be fine bro.. the rep was one hell of a good guy though...

MachZ is offline Member
    Man that does sux.
    I wonder if they kept any kind of customer list?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Hopefully there was a failsafe device to format the hard drive in an instant.

daos is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor

that only works in movies bro. i have worked on computers for years, and know that just about any data can be retreived with special software.

Even if there was it can easily be recovered, as some one on nexus said I don't think he keeps detailed client records for this reason, because every time I'd be in contact about something he would ask for my info each time, doesn't sound like he kept a database of clients. Still though, don't just think of ourselves, hes going to be in real deep **** here guys, he was on the verge of releasing a mess of new cyclo products (which could be why he was busted before they hit the market) so he would have had alot of resouces at his house most likely.

Aboot is offline Banned
    I was always amazed that muscle-mavericks.com would be so brazen when posting their ****. But I guess that's all gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    I was always amazed that muscle-mavericks.com would be so brazen when posting their ****. But I guess that's all gone now.
    I always wondered that too bro, I mean it took them THIS long to bust them when they openly post their supporting labs in the forums as well as offer free gear in contests. Pretty daring is you ask me, looks like it caught up with them.

NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    This is insane. Who's going to pick up the slack now? Alot of great products these guys have put out. I've been waiting for a chance to try out their PGF2 transdermal cream... but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    This is insane. Who's going to pick up the slack now? Alot of great products these guys have put out. I've been waiting for a chance to try out their PGF2 transdermal cream... but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening.
    No idea bro, theres a few big boys left but I'm still waiting to hear the status of the rest of the supporting labs surrounding QFS on the same board, hopefully they won't suffer the same fait.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daos
    that only works in movies bro. i have worked on computers for years, and know that just about any data can be retreived with special software.
    nah - I have utilities that will burn in random bit patterns to the disk surface by repeating the write thousands of time. No one can get the data back.

Do a search on "Guttman data erasure" other keywords hardware , secure

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    You mean that someone couldn't put in software or a device that would fry the harware completely?

Well I contacted a few Canadian UG labs about it and they're all well aware obviously. Theres been no other busts other than QFS, even the other supporting labs on MM were unaffected. Apparently QFS just became too large scale, shipping into the states and having a massive product list. No worries though it seems like none of the UG labs keep a database of customers or records of email, etc. Good luck QFS!

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Dose your utilities stop time because if it doesn't you won't have the time to write random bit patterns thousands of time. Keep your drive outside your comp case and get a hammer, you have to break the platter that is the only quick way. A hard drive wipe is useless if they raid your place.

styles-money is offline Associate Member
    This definitely sucks big hairy balls. I was about to order some stuff from him too...

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Well I contacted a few Canadian UG labs about it and they're all well aware obviously. Theres been no other busts other than QFS, even the other supporting labs on MM were unaffected. Apparently QFS just became too large scale, shipping into the states and having a massive product list. No worries though it seems like none of the UG labs keep a database of customers or records of email, etc. Good luck QFS!

Well that is good news, nothing like having the LE bust down my door or something because I was there list.

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    Dose your utilities stop time because if it doesn't you won't have the time to write random bit patterns thousands of time. Keep your drive outside your comp case and get a hammer, you have to break the platter that is the only quick way. A hard drive wipe is useless if they raid your place.
    actually its remarkably easy to retireve data from a hard drive that has been "hammered", same things goes for the putting it in the bath trick. just doesnt work.

store data in encrypted form in the first place - prevention is better than cure...

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    Go to thebroken.org they can show you how to build a thermite device on a switch. That data will never be recovered!

Quote Originally Posted by manwithin

It's been 100% confirmed by Admin on MN that QFS has indeed been busted. There's talk right now that it's actually the lab that was busted and not just the rep.

Yeah I believe the rep is located in Ontario while the lab itself is somewhere in Quebec, but one can survive without the other seeing how there is only 1 rep so they'd both go down for it

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    i don't live in canada nor have i ever used these bro's products, but i quite simply hate hearin of good, trusted bro's goin down

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    i don't live in canada nor have i ever used these bro's products, but i quite simply hate hearin of good, trusted bro's goin down
    Yeah man...they were arguably the best UG lab in Canada. The rep is a really cool bro too. It's a shame.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Theres lot's of good UG gear floating around o-town.. and put out consistent batches.. unlike some.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never heard of them-but it sucks to hear of any lab going down from a raid.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Really too bad to hear, I just read it on MN as well..

Quote from the admin of Muscle Nexus today:

"The charge right now stands at possession with intent to traffic. As mentioned this was done by local police and not RCMP. I am not undermining the seriousness of this. This is very serious.
    Mavericks is no more as it was much too dangerous to leave it intact. Also the rep has lost just about everything he owns and we are contemplating starting some kind of fund to help him out. What do you guys think about that?"

Sounds to me like someone slipt up, if it was local authorities it would have been a spur of the moment kind of arrest. Still doesn't make it any better though.
    Last edited by 1-Cent; 08-19-2004 at 12:05 PM.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    **** it would suck to be him right now.

birsling is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Quote from the admin of Muscle Nexus today:

"The charge right now stands at possession with intent to traffic. As mentioned this was done by local police and not RCMP. I am not undermining the seriousness of this. This is very serious.
    Mavericks is no more as it was much too dangerous to leave it intact. Also the rep has lost just about everything he owns and we are contemplating starting some kind of fund to help him out. What do you guys think about that?"

Sounds to me like someone slipt up, if it was local authorities it would have been a spur of the moment kind of arrest. Still doesn't make it any better though.
    That's some shady sh*t! It was local authorities, not even Federal authorities. I think that somebody definitely turned tail. Does anyone know of a concurrent bust of a user, or gym source in that area? Seems like something went down fast, not longtime planning. Hate to hear it, no matter what went down.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    You mean that someone couldn't put in software or a device that would fry the harware completely?

My advice live on the 2nd floor. If the feds come throw the computer out the window. And let them try to access it then.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterjay
    My advice live on the 2nd floor. If the feds come throw the computer out the window. And let them try to access it then.
    have to do better than that - i doubt you'd even scratch the hard drive throwing it out the window....

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by weightshead
    have to do better than that - i doubt you'd even scratch the hard drive throwing it out the window....
    Yeah man you gotta get a huge magnet on that bitch and then light it on fire or something

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Yeah man you gotta get a huge magnet on that bitch and then light it on fire or something
    I honestly don't even know if that would work...LOL...I bet they'd still have a way to retrieve the info off of it...

ripdtoshredz is offline Junior Member
    There is... a removable hard drive and a bucket of Sulphuric Acid.

ripdtoshredz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Magnet = doesn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by ripdtoshredz
    Magnet = doesn't work either.
    actually a magnet does work - its called degaussing, but you'd need a magnetic field of somewhere above 2000 Oersted, some organisations use this technique when they get rid of hard drives (i think your NSA) - and it is more effective than sulphuric acid as it is virtually instant.

edit: these kind of things go to show why its just as important to have data on an encrypted filesystem in the first place.
    Last edited by weightshead; 08-20-2004 at 02:49 AM.

georgie24 is offline Member
    for the record it was a remailer and he was busted by local city cops not the feds

Quote Originally Posted by georgie24
    for the record it was a remailer and he was busted by local city cops not the feds
    Again, re-read the thread on Muscle Nexus. There is only 1 rep for QFS. There are no remailer's. This has been confirmed 100% by admin at MN. QFS is gone...

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Yeah hammer would be the best way to go
    aaare hey if were going all out here get a device
    to create a huge electromagnetic pulse. Get on
    some starwars ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information