DieselPlayer is offline Associate Member

Does anybody take a week off from training while on AAS?

Sup fellas:

Just wanted to know if you guys will occassionally take about a week off from intense training to allow the body to recuperate while on a cycle? I'm heading into my 8th week of test E and deca ...and have been hitting it really hard in the gym (up about 16 pounds!)...and am wondering if a 7-day break from the gym would be helpful?

Any thoughts? Any bros out there who take breaks from the gym, while keep cals and protein up during a cycle?

BlocRoc is offline Member
    I would think that while on a cycle any rest over 2 days is a loss of muscle and effort.

I would never take a week while on cycle... off cycle YES.

L8

why would it be a loss? I find hard to believe that you would "lose" anything by taking more than 2 days off...could be a mental-thing..

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    why would u want to? when im on cycle i cant wait to get to the gym.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I take 2 weeks straight off every 3 months to let my body heal and rest. I come back bigger, stronger, and have less pain. I don't see why on gear it would be any different

BlocRoc is offline Member
    On cycle, you're in a sweet spot where your body and muscle are able to deal with a lot more stress and growth is accelerated. Taking too many days off in a row, limits the amount of total growth that you could experience.

Thats what I mean by a loss...

L8

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I never have but I guess you could, I do not think you will loose. But I do think with the money you spent on gear you would want to maximize any gains by hittin the weights when you can.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    You're going to get mixed responses on this one. I agree that you need to take a good week off every 3-4 months to come back stronger and bigger than ever, it's just I wouldn't do it during a cycle. Just take 3 full days off if you feel you are a little overtrained and get back in there and finish the cycle.

Hmmm....interesting responses. While it's true that the body can recuperate much quicker on gear, every bro on this board is fully aware of how important it is to rest in order to help stimulate growth...I haven't yet decided whether to take a week off, but I certainly don't believe I'll inhibit the growth process by resting...THANKS FOR ALL THE INTERESTING COMMENTS, GUYS...

needle is offline Senior Member
    I take a week off when the pains etc are to much! Then im come back ready to go for 3 months!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I never have but I guess you could, I do not think you will loose. But I do think with the money you spent on gear you would want to maximize any gains by hittin the weights when you can.

yeah.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    You're going to get mixed responses on this one. I agree that you need to take a good week off every 3-4 months to come back stronger and bigger than ever, it's just I wouldn't do it during a cycle. Just take 3 full days off if you feel you are a little overtrained and get back in there and finish the cycle.
    Hey Beefkake, why did you swipe my avatar? That isn't very nice. Please, find your own. I didn't just "borrow" that avatar... I created it, and it is mine, my own intellectual property.

I agree with everyone else... don't take a week off during a cycle. If you think you might be doing too much, reduce your sets for a week, maybe, but keep pushing the intensity up. I would remind you that Dorian Yates says he got his best gains doing a single working set of each exercise. It is all about getting peak recruitment and maximum stress in the muscle more than it is about the duration of your workout. A week off can be a good thing, but do that when you are off the juice.

shorty33 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    why would u want to? when im on cycle i cant wait to get to the gym.
    I seconddddddddd that, can't wait.

slippin is offline Associate Member
    I never take time off ON cycle unless in extreme pain with joints etc. Off cycle I think its wise to take about 4-5 days off to let your body rest. Then when I get back in the gym im refocused and energized anxious to start my next cycle.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    If you feel your body needs it, then take 5-7 days off. I do it occasionally on gear, but I usually time my breaks about 2 weeks after PCT when I am recovered so that I wont be due another week until after my next cycle, but If i feel i am overtrained/getting sick on cycle, I will take a week off, you dont lose any gains, hell i usually get stronger, go ahead and take a rest if you need it, just come back and hit it HARD!!

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Hey Beefkake, why did you swipe my avatar? That isn't very nice. Please, find your own. I didn't just "borrow" that avatar... I created it, and it is mine, my own intellectual property.
    You got it, I thought it was just one you found from a random site, but if it's your very own creation then I won't use it.

ceasar250 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I take 2 weeks straight off every 3 months to let my body heal and rest. I come back bigger, stronger, and have less pain. I don't see why on gear it would be any different
    I agree, after a week or two of rest I always come back stronger. Perhaps it is do to giving your joints a rest and letting your muscles fully recover. But I don't take time off when "on cycle," just can't bring myself to do it.

China Dawg is offline Junior Member

Cool Rest

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    I take a week off when the pains etc are to much! Then im come back ready to go for 3 months!
    I took some time off in the middle of my last 10 week cycle. I usually like to take a few days off before I start a cycle too just to rest up a little. Then I hit it really hard during the cycle usually working each body part at least twice a week with intensity. After five weeks of that I had to take a break and rest up just because of joint pain - mostly in the shoulders and elbows. I think I took about 4 or 5 days off and then went back to pounding the weights. This time I'm trying a 6 week cycle without any rest...

Thread Information