blown is offline Associate Member

First cycle - Finishing up 12wk test/eq cycle - dissappointed w/ results

First cycle, looked something like this:

wks 2-4 30mg dbol ed (meant it to be 1-4, but I hurt my shoulder the first week and didn't lift for 8 days, then my bp shot up so I discontinued the dbol)
    wks 1-12 250mg test enanth E4D
    wks 1-10 200mg eq E4D

The first 6-8 weeks the results were amazing. I put on about 15lbs. A little of that was water and fat. But after that I have barely grown. Totally I am up 18lbs. Bf up a couple percent, holding a little water. I had hoped to be up 25-30lbs at the end of 12wks.

Around the 6-8wk mark I went to the doctor for a checkup. BP was way up - he put me on Lisinopril. Since then I've noticed that I sweat like a **** pig. Also I've noticed that I am getting winded very quickly. I am assuming this is from the Lisinopril.

Also around that time my stomach started rebelling at the large quantities of food I was ingesting. I think this is the biggest reason I stopped gaining. I historically have stomach problems. The bulking diet finally caught up to me.

So my plan for my next cycle (which will be 4+ months away) I think I will do a "short" cycle. Probably test prop for 6-8wks. Not sure what I'll stack it with, if anything (need to be careful of water weight since my bp reacts badly). Maybe tren ace. Hopefully that way I can still gain 10-15lbs before my stomach flips out, and not waste the last 4-6wks like I did this time.

I took my last eq shot the other night. I have 3 more shots w/ just the test. I'm starting the hcg next week.

j martini is offline Member
    your gains sound good to me, IMO sometimes people expect to much. To gain 25 pounds you would have to be very prone to water retention as your body simply cannot build that amount of muscle so quickly AAS or not.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blown
    First cycle, looked something like this:

wks 2-4 30mg dbol ed (meant it to be 1-4, but I hurt my shoulder the first week and didn't lift for 8 days, then my bp shot up so I discontinued the dbol)
    wks 1-12 250mg test enanth E4D
    wks 1-10 200mg eq E4D

The first 6-8 weeks the results were amazing. I put on about 15lbs. A little of that was water and fat. But after that I have barely grown. Totally I am up 18lbs. Bf up a couple percent, holding a little water. I had hoped to be up 25-30lbs at the end of 12wks.

Around the 6-8wk mark I went to the doctor for a checkup. BP was way up - he put me on Lisinopril. Since then I've noticed that I sweat like a **** pig. Also I've noticed that I am getting winded very quickly. I am assuming this is from the Lisinopril.

Also around that time my stomach started rebelling at the large quantities of food I was ingesting. I think this is the biggest reason I stopped gaining. I historically have stomach problems. The bulking diet finally caught up to me.

So my plan for my next cycle (which will be 4+ months away) I think I will do a "short" cycle. Probably test prop for 6-8wks. Not sure what I'll stack it with, if anything (need to be careful of water weight since my bp reacts badly). Maybe tren ace. Hopefully that way I can still gain 10-15lbs before my stomach flips out, and not waste the last 4-6wks like I did this time.

I took my last eq shot the other night. I have 3 more shots w/ just the test. I'm starting the hcg next week.
    why are you using hcg if it's only your first cycle?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    When you gained the first 15 pounds you needed more calories just for maintenance, and even more of them to grow, I think that was the problem.

You have to eat like a pig during a cycle, thats a fact, but you ALSO have to eat more and more as the cycle goes on, which is the tricky part.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    And 18lbs isn't bad at all

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    it sounds like you done pretty good considering what happened. The weight doesn't keep coming on constantly like it does in the begining, just because you are not gaining as much weight doesn't mean your not growing. I think you expected way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    why are you using hcg if it's only your first cycle?
    You think I should skip it?

Please speak up if you guys think I should not use hcg . I was planning to start it next week.

I also have clomid and nolva, planning to start the clomid 2wks after the last shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    it sounds like you done pretty good considering what happened. The weight doesn't keep coming on constantly like it does in the begining, just because you are not gaining as much weight doesn't mean your not growing. I think you expected way too much.
    Possibly I expected too much. But I know for sure that my stomach can't handle 12wks of bulking. For that reason alone I will probably make my next cycle shorter. 6-8wks.

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    the initial weight was a lot of bloat i assume and then your diet wasnt on par with what you cycle required for nutrition...also eq gains arent drastic...so u could have been expecting to much

Possibly I expected too much. But I know for sure that my stomach can't handle 12wks of bulking. For that reason alone I will probably make my next cycle shorter. 6-8wks.

zuke is offline Member
    i have always shot up in weight at the beginning of a cycle and the growth isn't as dramatic for the rest of it. i have heard people say that enanthate becomes a little less potent as the cycle goes on, but have no personal experience to back it up. i think a lot of it is in your head, though. 18 pounds is a pretty good jump in weight...

whatever you do, don't quit working out after the cycle. most of my friends find excuses to not go to the gym between cycles. that's the reason that they lose so much of what they gained during their cycles. it's a psychological thing: why bother if i'm not on a cycle. keep lifting, eating, and sleeping and let us know how your pct works out.

You think I should skip it?

Please speak up if you guys think I should not use hcg . I was planning to start it next week.

I also have clomid and nolva, planning to start the clomid 2wks after the last shot.
    bump on the hcg question

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    imo you should have ran the nolva and hcg during the cycle and the clomid 2 wks after last shot.

zuke is offline Member
    im not using hcg and i am on a similar cycle

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    HCG is used mainly for testicular atrophy...Are your nuts smaller? That isnt too long of a cycle, and fairly low dosage, wouldnt think you would neede it. It mocks leutinizing hormone, causing your nuts to produce testosterone , but clomid actually gets yout pituitary to produce your own LH... in lamens, when on a long cycle use HCG to get nuts back to original size and get a jumpstart on producing endogenous test. Shouldnt really need it...Also HCG will only get test up while you are on it, clomid has permanent results..
    Last edited by DrugsrGood; 03-06-2005 at 11:01 PM.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    imo, hcg is only needed for cycles 15 weeks or longer, my last one was 15 weeks test 1 g ew and eq 800 mgs ew and i didnt use it

My nuts are definitely atrophied, not scary small or anything, but significantly smaller.

HCG or no? If I'm gonna start it I need to do it today.

FYI, I've been taking arimidex and nolva the entire cycle (prone to gyno and retain water badly), I have more nolva, and clomid for 2wks after last shot.

I guess I'm giong to go ahead and start the HCG today...

bigpappapump is offline New Member
    bump

Haven't decided on the exact protocol. Probably something like 2000IU E4D until it's gone (I have 10000IU). Then start Clomid.

Thread Information