partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

the final result of my leg surgery!

not pretty so my advice to anyone who has an abcess that hasn't gone away or in my case, i had a 12cm x 5cm hematoma from trauma....get it checked so you don't wind up looking like a shark attack.
    the surgeon said the time to be able to walk again would be 7-10 days.
    i was on crutches and pain meds for two days, down to one crutch by day three, and now i can walk 5 days later altough it is hard to put pressure on it continually and stairs are a bitch.hey, i'm walking though!!staples come out next monday.can train upper body seated and not sure when leg training is going down again, but hopefully in a month or so.
    oh, don't look at this before you eat.......

sorry

my friend did somethign with his computer to block pop ups and now when i hit manage attahcments i can't get the browse box to pop up and let me attach the picture. sorry. i don't think you want to see this **** anyway!!

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    Best of luck with that bro. You'll be back in no time.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    wow, great progress.....I've been gone a while man, how's school going?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Good advice.. good luck on recovery.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    **** PB! Here's to a speedy recovery brother. Did it end up leaving a dent?

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, Sorry to hear about that, but knowing you, it won't keep you down very long!!!!

Best of luck with a speedy recover. You need anything, you know where to find me!!!

Peace,

BLT

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    email me the pic i love that kind of ****! lol

here you go.....

not pretty or feeling so hot either.....my caption for this is "HOW TO STOP YOUR GF FROM CHEATING!"hahahaha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the final result of my leg surgery!-leg.jpg  
    Last edited by partyboynyc; 03-08-2005 at 09:55 AM.

thanks for all the kind words!!!

BLT, i'm still determined to get in that show in august if i can make it happen. i'm starting to hit the gym again tonight. unfortunately i can't do anything standing right now so i'm gonna adjust things for the time being. i'm hoping it will onlybe about a month b4 training legs again. all the time off of doing them will hopefully spark some new growth and speedy gains. we'll see though. i'm being optimistic. i'm just not gonna let myself take 2 more steps back with the training. training smart around this thing is gonna be the martest way to go at this point.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Haha i have a similar scar. over 80 cc's drained from it and it still didn't heal.

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    bro that looks nasty! what exaclt happened if you dont mind me asking/you dont mind explaining again?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Your fly is open

Good luck with the recovery bro. Did you have a thread about your abcess? I missed it.

they took out about that

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Haha i have a similar scar. over 80 cc's drained from it and it still didn't heal.
    it was big. the surgeon even said the dimentions the radiologist had on the mri seemed to be smaller once he got in there meaning i guess it would have kept growing were it not removed.bdtr, what do you mean it still didn;'t heal?
    RIXY, i had a hematoma caused by trauma of some sort. they tried to drain it in the first surgery and got like nothing out of it so that's why i had to be cut. if i caught it sooner maybe, but we'll never know now.we still haven't figured out how it happened, just did. no clue. it wasn't an abcess.
    it was a hematoma, or a big pocket of encapsulized blood.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Their first option was to drain it and give me antibiotics, it filled back up again.

Mine was an abcess though, huge one.

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    thanks bro, just a bit worried i didnt think an abscess wud cause a scar that big but wow! thats minging! how did it form do u have any idea?

all the best anyway bro, good luck with things and hope it heals sooner rather than later

yeah that sounds right

Their first option was to drain it and give me antibiotics, it filled back up again.

Mine was an abcess though, huge one.
    that's where they were going with me on this thing. i'm on antibiotics now, LEVAQUIN it's called. hopefully one the staples are out i'll have full range of motion in my leg again. now i can't even make a right angle.
    ****, it filled back up again! that's my worst fear with this thing. the sweeling is still there in the area, but i have been walking on it since yesterday or so. i'm trying to stay off it, but this afternoon i go back to training my clients til about 8pm tonigth so that is gonna be a big test for me putting weight on it

BDTR is offline Retired
    My leg is 100%, just have a scar. Hopefully you'll be as lucky.

well maybe it wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by rixyroids
    thanks bro, just a bit worried i didnt think an abscess wud cause a scar that big but wow! thats minging! how did it form do u have any idea?

all the best anyway bro, good luck with things and hope it heals sooner rather than later
    if they could have drianed it there would have been no cut. with the size of this thing thoughg, yup that's what your looking at if it grows to about 12 x 5 cms. about a 5 inch slice. not pretty.

oh good bro

My leg is 100%, just have a scar. Hopefully you'll be as lucky.
    at least you are 100%. that's good to hear. i thought you still had it in you. i got worried for you!!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    oh no, this was a few years back.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    if they could have drianed it there would have been no cut. with the size of this thing thoughg, yup that's what your looking at if it grows to about 12 x 5 cms. about a 5 inch slice. not pretty.

**** man glad to see you are alright. good to hear from ya. dont be such a stranger next time hahaha

Thread Information