Thread: Glute injection

lzicc is offline Senior Member

Glute injection

For those of you that do glute injections, how do you position yourself? Do you stand, sit, crouch, lay on your side, etc?

I am trying to see what is the best way. I have someone that jabs me and I always stood on one leg and took the pressure off my other leg for the side I was injecting in. It's a little uncomfortable to stand there trying to keep steady, I do lean on something, but I have been doing it that way since day one and I hate to change something that works.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I stand, on my right cheek I use my left hand to pull the skin aside, and right hand to inject. On the left cheek I use my left hand to inject and right hand to pull skin aside.

I put most weight on the opposite leg as well

scaryfast is offline New Member
    I lay down on my bed/couch and let my lower leg/foot rest on a pillow. Leg almost extended then usually a 20-30 second rub on the site prior to inj. w/ an alcohol pad. Lay on left side to inj right glute. Right hand spikes and with my thumb/middle finger holding the syringe, I depress the plunger with my index finger. Then lay in that position for 30 sec or so.

Worked great til I let a friend do it last fri...

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    laying on my side

AVAGO is offline Member
    Yeah i stand on the opposite leg to were my jabs going and try and turn 180, not the most comfy

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I may try and do what scary and mule do. I just want to make sure my shooter can get oriented with a different position. It seems like it would be so much more comfortable and my muscle would be more relaxed.

Yesterday before my shot, I soaked in a real hot bath for about 5 minutes, got out, did the shot standing up and then rubbed the area for about 5 minutes. I have no pain whatsoever today.

Thread Information