Thread: hairline

frank_frank is offline Senior Member

hairline

This is going to be my cycle starting either the last week in May or the first week in June and I do not know exactly how long i will run this for, but around 12 weeks):
    Simple:
    100mg Test Prop EOD
    Ive been on 4IUs of GH since January and i will continue throughout ( or at least im planning on it)

proper PCT of course

anyway, my question is: Im concerned about my hairline and i have damaged my hairline a little with prop winny dbol and I want to know what measures I need t take to ensure that I do not damage it too much worse.

any input is appreciated.
    Thank,
    -frank

bump

delroid is offline Junior Member
    nizoral shampoo, nioxin shampoo, and finasteride

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I've read that Dutasteride is better at stopping hairloss.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    propecia/proscar/finasteride 1-1.25mg a day will lower type 2 dht by about 70%. Avodart/duta lowers both type 1 and type 2 dht and overall suppression of 90-94 %.

Alot cheaper to get finasteride from a research co. Although I take avodart (.5mg a day) I didn't see much improvement from it over proscar at 1.25 mg per day.

The best thing to do would be finasteride 1mg daily, nizoral shampoo 3-4 times per week, and minoxidil 5% twice a day. Minoxidil is a pain but it really increase results, after a while it becomes a habit like brushing your teeth.

thanks for the responses!

-frank

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    Avodart is much better at suppressing the enzyme responsible for conversion of test to DHT in the scalp, the type 2 enzyme (Avodart actually supresses type 1 and 2). Propecia suppresses type 1 enzyme which is mainly active in the prostate.

Most guys who have bad MPB and decide to use roids would be advised to use 2.5 mg of Avodart daily, Rogaine 2X a day, Nizoral 2% every other day and topical Spiro/azleic acid at night. This might seem a little extreme and expensive, but if your hair is really important to you, this is the way to go. You really have to attack the problem from several angles.

I think the steroids typically recommended to bbers with MPB aren't the best choice at all. People frequently state that primobolan , anavar , equipoise and winstrol are low in side effects and are therefore alright for the hairline. These roids are DHT derivatives, meaning they're not converted from test to DHT, they're essentially DHT already (or close to it). Taking a DHT inhibitor won't do anything to help the situation. I think it's a lot better to go with a few testosterones (maybe a combo of a short acting ester e.g. propionate with a long acting ester e.g. cypionate ) and use a powerful hair loss stack like the one mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by supplementsavvy
    Avodart is much better at suppressing the enzyme responsible for conversion of test to DHT in the scalp, the type 2 enzyme (Avodart actually supresses type 1 and 2). Propecia suppresses type 1 enzyme which is mainly active in the prostate.

Most guys who have bad MPB and decide to use roids would be advised to use 2.5 mg of Avodart daily, Rogaine 2X a day, Nizoral 2% every other day and topical Spiro/azleic acid at night. This might seem a little extreme and expensive, but if your hair is really important to you, this is the way to go. You really have to attack the problem from several angles.

I think the steroids typically recommended to bbers with MPB aren't the best choice at all. People frequently state that primobolan, anavar, equipoise and winstrol are low in side effects and are therefore alright for the hairline. These roids are DHT derivatives, meaning they're not converted from test to DHT, they're essentially DHT already (or close to it). Taking a DHT inhibitor won't do anything to help the situation. I think it's a lot better to go with a few testosterones (maybe a combo of a short acting ester e.g. propionate with a long acting ester e.g. cypionate) and use a powerful hair loss stack like the one mentioned previously.
    is avodart a perscription drug? or a research chemical or what?

Avodart is a presciption drug for benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH). It has not been approved for hair loss, although any good dermatologist will have heard of its potential for combating hair loss. If you have MPB, you shouldn't have trouble getting a script. It is not cheap though, running 2.5 mg/day of Avodart a day will cost almost as much as the roids! You could try ordering some from an online pharmacy, it would probably be a lot cheaper and I wouldn't think that Customs would be a problem.

Don't take Avodart with any type of nandrolone , this is very important. Only use it if you're taking a testosterone , otherwise it's a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by supplementsavvy
    Avodart is a presciption drug for benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH). It has not been approved for hair loss, although any good dermatologist will have heard of its potential for combating hair loss. If you have MPB, you shouldn't have trouble getting a script. It is not cheap though, running 2.5 mg/day of Avodart a day will cost almost as much as the roids! You could try ordering some from an online pharmacy, it would probably be a lot cheaper and I wouldn't think that Customs would be a problem.

Don't take Avodart with any type of nandrolone, this is very important. Only use it if you're taking a testosterone, otherwise it's a waste.

thanks a lot for the tips bro

You're welcome, hair loss is a bitch and I like to help people out w/ this particular problem because I've got hair loss issues myself. I ran a few cycles a couple of years ago and noticed some hair loss (probably the d-bol). The hair loss is the only thing that's kept me from using, but I think that now that some new remedies (like Avodart) have come out I'll be able to run some cycles. I hate being held back by genetics.

sp9
    I agree. I stick to test, dbol , eq, and anavar .

Avodart/Minoxidil/Nizoral I use year round (avodart 1pill per day that's .5mg)

Last year ran this:

1-4 dbol 30mg
    1-15 eq400mg
    1-16 teste 500mg

I had no noticable hairloss at all. I am prone to MPB.

This year going to do about the same thing but throw in anavar at the end to harden up.

Good luck.

I was under the impression that 5AR inhibitors do nothing for d-bol, I think that's what it says in Anabolics 2004. Too bad, because d-bol is probably one of the easiest roids to get your hands on.

sp9
    I have heard that as well but not sure I buy into it. I always heard dbol raised test levels significantly and then a dht inhibitor would combat the conversion. Statements like this are in many dbol profiles: "Dianabol reaches the blood after 1-3 hours. A simple application of only 10 mg results in a 5-fold increase in the average testosterone concentration in the male."

Not sure exactly what happens but at least my personal experience worked out.
    Last edited by sp9; 03-09-2005 at 04:43 PM.

nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by nixfan712; 12-05-2011 at 10:38 PM.

nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by nixfan712; 12-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.

bump

Hibajibs is offline New Member
    If you use a 5-AR inhibitor like finasteride, it should help block the conversion of d-bol to DHT, which is what happens when you take it. One of the things that makes d-bol so powerful is that conversion so I would assume that results might be somewhat lessoned.

And can anyone explain why taking finasteride and nandrolone is really that bad? I was under the impression that DHT causes MPB and not other androgens such as nadrolone. All you would be doing is blocking the conversion of nandrolone into dihydronandrolone (a weaker form), and shouldnt that make nandro even more effective?

Hope this doesnt sound snotty...just genuinely curious.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I've tried 20mg of dbol with 1.25mg finasteride per day and it had a bad effect on my hair. I'm now using 35mg of dbol with 0.5mg dutasteride and I've had no more hairloss than normal.

As far as deca 's concerned, what I've heard is that nadrolone is more androgenic than dihydronadrolone. So allowing it to convert would mean having a lesser amount of androgens in your system.

Thread Information