tallyjuice is offline Member

Question Pulled Pec, what do I do?

I pulled my pec benching tonight. I'm two weeks into a cycle. How long should I lay off it? I don't want to waste this cycle. My chest is one of my lagging parts.

no one?

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    oh man bro same thing happend to me i was hiting up 475lbs on the bench and mid rep my pec fealt funky i stoped working my ches for 2 weeks and then tryed to bench last wed and got to 315 And fealt the pain again but it wasnt as bad i would say 3weeks off of the chest work and ice and heat and rub that mo fo

wow, no ****. Thanx for the response.

AnaboliKboy is offline New Member
    I pulled mine last year in about week three of dbol /sus/deca cycle. I was gettin strong and big so fast that I think it was too much for my ligaments or something...anyway I pulled right in between the pec and the armpit. I was out for about 3-4 weeks. peace

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    ur only 2 wks in depending on the severity i would start pct and start over when healthy. it would be a waste of money to try and work thru it just be patient and get healthy.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    oh man bro same thing happend to me i was hiting up 475lbs on the bench and mid rep my pec fealt funky i stoped working my ches for 2 weeks and then tryed to bench last wed and got to 315 And fealt the pain again but it wasnt as bad i would say 3weeks off of the chest work and ice and heat and rub that mo fo

Solid advise.

Same thing has has happened to me. Havent benched under a straight bar in about two months.

If it were me, and im saying me, I would continue my cycle and just work what I could. Deads, Squats, biceps, triceps etc etc, just not chest. If it is really messed up and you cant do sh!t, stop your cycle.

MuscleQuest is offline Junior Member
    on my cycle a couple of years ago i seperated my ripcage just below my clavicle. stayed on cycle but could not train chest. was weird because i could still do shoulder press. was almost 2 years before i could bench heavy without alot of pain. this is an extreme case though. just like any muscle pull - give it a little time and then work back into. don't go 500 lbs bench your first day back. ease into it a little

you guys are right. I'm just gonna take it slow.

Anadrol_Me is offline New Member
    I had a problem like yours about a year ago.What I did is when it was time for chest I did low weight with higher reps and after a couple weeks I was back to normal.Good luck.Also try streaching it well before chest workout.

joevette is offline Banned
    I'm in the same situation right now. Whenever I bench It feels like both my pecs are going to rip right at the armpit. It's happened before, and I lay off for a while then once I get up heavy again it happens again. I'm going to take about a month off benching and chest work in general, then ease into benching with close grip and light weight.

Ironmanjay is offline Associate Member
    I just went to the doc for the same thing he says its tendonitis. I streched the pec tendon about 5 months ago tried to work through it got worse had to stop lifting for 2 months all together, worked it back in then this last sunday went heavy on the flat bench and screwed it up agin, im just not going to touch the bar to my chest any more. what sucks is i just got my geaR in the mail on monday now i have to wait f***

timeismoney is offline Associate Member
    There is really two things you can do. Quit your cycle and start pct, or just work the lower body.

Either way you need to stay away from any exercises that stretch the pecs or ribcage for at least a month to assure that you will not turn that acute injury into a chronic injury. (There are more exercises that will hit this injury then you think.)

Ice the area down as much as you can handle it. At least 3 times per day. I would say the best way to do this would be with an ice-cup. (Freeze a paper cup with water and peel away the top and rub in a massaging motion around the area of pain and a few inches away.) Do this for a couple weeks and when you start feeling less pain and notice the inflammation going away (if any) then you can start to heat. I would stay away from the heat for the first week at least until the pain and swelling goes away.

Do not rush this injury. I know it is hard to stop mid-cycle. Especially when its an injury with the pecs. Just take it slow and do not rush. You have the rest of your life to bench. When you think its fine, give it two more weeks, and then try it out slowly. Good luck bro.

By the way, shoot me a pm if you got any more questions I'd be glad to help you out along the way.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    i ripped my pec a few years ago and it was the worst. i was out of the gym for months. it still hurts once in a while when i go heavy, but i'm glad i stayed away for a while. u don't want to cause more damage, just take it slow.

thanx for all the support guys

Thread Information