Thread: ip accutane

stec is offline Junior Member

ip accutane

has anyone had any experiences with ip accutane.... results? at what doses?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ive read people saying that it isnt very good, but ive never tryed it

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    Accutane is a very powerful drug, essentially a mega dose (several hundred IUs) of fat soluble vitamin A. It can be harsh on the liver, you'll need to get your liver values tested before starting on the drug. Doctors are reluctant to prescibe it unless it's absolutely necessary. I wouldn't recommend using it while you're on a cycle, this would be a little too harsh on the liver (especially with 17alpha alkylated orals!). If you get too much acne while on-cycle, try using a DHT inhibitor, this will help reduce the severity of the outbreak as DHT is largely responsible for the chemical processes that allow acne to become rampant.

redrum86 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    I was on accutane for 7 months because of an really bad acne problem and let me tell you it was torture. You need to maintain a low fat diet and have you blood taken every few months to make sure everything is ok. Because i was on it, I now have permanent dry-eye syndrum and my tear ducts are plugged to stop my tears from draining so my eyes won't be that dry. I also have minor night blindness. I took the drug 2 years ago and haven't had acne once and never will. Accutane is for people like myself who face and back was covered, i mean COVERED, with pimples. I experienced dryness of the eyes, nose, lips and rectum. Here is info i found for you:
    Most important fact about this drug:
    Because Accutane can cause severe birth defects, including mental retardation and physical malformations, a woman must not become pregnant while taking it. If you are a woman of childbearing age, your doctor will ask you to sign a detailed consent form before you start taking Accutane. If you accidentally become pregnant while taking the medication, you should immediately consult your doctor.

More common side effects may include:
    Conjunctivitis (``pinkeye''), dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips, dry mouth, dry nose, itching, joint pains, nosebleed

Less common side effects may include:
    Bowel inflammation and pain, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, fatigue, headache, nausea, peeling palms or soles, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, sunburn-sensitive skin, thinning hair, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting

Special warnings about this medication:
    When you first start taking Accutane, it is possible that your acne will get worse before it starts to get better.

If you are a woman of childbearing age and you are considering taking Accutane, you will be given both spoken and written warnings about the importance of avoiding pregnancy during the treatment. You will be asked to sign a consent form noting that:

- Accutane is a powerful, "last resort'' medication for severe acne;
    - You must not take Accutane if you are pregnant or may become pregnant during treatment;
    - If you get pregnant while taking Accutane, your baby will be at high risk for birth defects;
    - If you take Accutane, you must use effective birth control from 1 month before the start of treatment through 1 month after the end of treatment;
    - You must test negative for pregnancy within 2 weeks before starting Accutane, and you must start Accutane on the second or third day of your menstrual period;
    - You may participate in a program that includes an initial free pregnancy test and birth control counseling session;
    - If you become pregnant, you must immediately stop taking Accutane and see your doctor;
    - You have read and understood the Accutane patient brochure and asked your doctor any questions you had;
    - You are not currently pregnant and do not plan to become pregnant for at least 30 days after you finish taking Accutane; |
    - You have been invited to participate in a survey of women being treated with Accutane.

Some people taking Accutane, including some who simultaneously took tetracycline, have experienced headache, nausea, and visual disturbances caused by increased pressure within the skull. See a doctor immediately if you have these symptoms; if the doctor finds swelling of the optic nerve at the back of your eye, you must stop taking Accutane at once and see a neurologist for further care.

Be careful driving at night. Some people have experienced a sudden decrease in night vision.

Some people taking Accutane have had problems regulating their blood sugar level.

You may not be able to tolerate your contact lenses during and after your therapy with Accutane.

You should stop taking Accutane immediately if you have abdominal pain, bleeding from the rectum, or severe diarrhea. You may have an inflammatory disease of the bowel.

You should not donate blood during your therapy with Accutane and for a month after you stop taking it

Hope this helps
    -Anthony

PS. It can also cause suicidal thoughts and suicide

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    get some bactrim for the acne
    accuttane is very harsh and its for real severe acne like cystic acne
    bactrim works great for acne
    u can take vit. b-5 also for acne, tea tree oil
    lately i just wash my face and shoulders, back with unscented ivory soap and then apply a moistureizer on my face back delts 3 times a day and it looks good
    try a combo of things
    bactrim, vit b-5, tea tree oil, wash 2-3 times daily and use a moistureizer

Thread Information