Thread: Acne- B-5 Info

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member

joevette is offline Banned
    Has anyone actually used B-5 for acne prevention with success. I tried once, bought the powder and caps to put it in but you have to take about 10g per day which ends up being 20 pills! That takes too much time to cap that much, and if you try to eat it straight or mix it in your shake you'll be hurting because it tastes so awful.

How do you guys take your B-5?

rontg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Has anyone actually used B-5 for acne prevention with success. I tried once, bought the powder and caps to put it in but you have to take about 10g per day which ends up being 20 pills! That takes too much time to cap that much, and if you try to eat it straight or mix it in your shake you'll be hurting because it tastes so awful.

How do you guys take your B-5?
    i use the powder, i measure of whatever i want, take a sig of diet pop, hold the pop in my mouth, open up and dump the powder in, swallow, chase with more pop, pop somehow makes it go down easier, doesn't work the same with water.

i just buy b-5 tabs you have to take alot of it but it works and its safer then accutane

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    its a good article but i disagree the comparison to accutane. i was taking b5 for a while and worked ok for a while. it kept the acne down but did not get rid of it, i have also taken accutane a few years ago and accutane is much better to rid acne. i would say b5 is a good choice for someone who has mild acne like small breakouts once in a while. accutane is good for someone with bad acne.

and its much cheaper to buy and cap b5 yourself.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I do not use 10grams, I only use 1.5grams but I do not break out only a couple of bad ones now and again. I do shower twice per day. Tan every once in awhile.

supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member
    B-5 helps with acne, but as you guys said, the dosage is really high. It's so high that you can get some pretty nasty gastrointestinal side effects from it, the body just isn't designed to take in so much of any one vitamin. I used to take tetracycline, then minocycline and I was about to be put on Accutane when I decided to try a natural solution.

First off, I stopped using so many topical products. I've noticed that the less crap I use on my face, the better my skin is.

I started using a natural antimicrobial, 5 drops of oregano oil a day. It doesn't taste great but you get used to it. I also added 30 mg of zinc a day, studies have shown that zinc helps with acne. Udo's oil is a great combo of different sources of omega fatty acids, this helps a lot with skin problems as well.

Quote Originally Posted by supplementsavvy
    B-5 helps with acne, but as you guys said, the dosage is really high. It's so high that you can get some pretty nasty gastrointestinal side effects from it, the body just isn't designed to take in so much of any one vitamin. I used to take tetracycline, then minocycline and I was about to be put on Accutane when I decided to try a natural solution.

First off, I stopped using so many topical products. I've noticed that the less crap I use on my face, the better my skin is.

I started using a natural antimicrobial, 5 drops of oregano oil a day. It doesn't taste great but you get used to it. I also added 30 mg of zinc a day, studies have shown that zinc helps with acne. Udo's oil is a great combo of different sources of omega fatty acids, this helps a lot with skin problems as well.
    thanks ill look into that

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by rontg
    i use the powder, i measure of whatever i want, take a sig of diet pop, hold the pop in my mouth, open up and dump the powder in, swallow, chase with more pop, pop somehow makes it go down easier, doesn't work the same with water.
    i can eat or drink most things but i just tryed that.. i put gatorade in my mouth then a spoonfull of b5 powder chased by gatorade.. it was Horrrible!

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rontg
    That's a good idea, I do that with my liquid orals (clen /T3/femera). I'll try it with b-5.

rontg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    i can eat or drink most things but i just tryed that.. i put gatorade in my mouth then a spoonfull of b5 powder chased by gatorade.. it was Horrrible!
    try it with a soda, diet or regular, trust me, its 10x better than with water, which is pretty much what gatorade is with sugar in it.

Thread Information