Thread: Heads Up!

juiceon is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Heads Up!

As some of you may be aware from personal experience or from reading other boards, international packages are being vigorously checked by customs. This is routine for this time of year. Summer is a bad time to order. One reason I heard was that international volume is down during summer, while "juicers" seem to all want to gear up at this time to finish off the summer cycle (can't shrink now!), get ready for football, keep what they have, etc. Basically, it's a good time for customs to clean house and scare a lot of you out. I am not going to try to convince anyone to do one thing or the other, but just keep in mind that fall marks the start of shipping for the holiday season, and international package volume goes way up (anyone work at UPS?). Thus, at that time it is harder for customs to check a higher percentage of packages. So, IMO it is better to wait to order in late sept., oct - Jan. And avoid ordering in june-aug.

Just sharing my thoughts and give everyone something to think about.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

That really makes sense

You know I really never thought about that before. I have never ordered anything via the mail, but if I ever do I'll keep this in mind.
    Thanks juciceon!
    Tobey

P.S. Why do I get the sneaky feeling that I'm going to be visiting the post office alot more than useual this holiday season?

Kullman is offline Member
    I'll bump this, it's important. There has been a lot of fuss about certain packages that were sent express from the far east. If you have had a problem I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. If you can hold off till fall that is by far the best, try to stay domestic for now. This does not mean most foreign packages will be seized, as thousands come into the U.S everyday filled w/ gear. Just be smart.

Kull

SHOT is offline Associate Member
    yes i work for UPS..... however your source is not going to be shipping via UPS...but im geting what you are saying....but remember if you order during peak season..(being x mass and new years) your chances of getting you package lost it alot better......

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Yep, in the winter months, especially around xmas the postal service is so busy that their heads spin. The volume goes through the roof as everyone scrambles to get their packages out to the respective parties.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    that is a good pint never thought of it but thanks for the info

choice is offline Junior Member
    Dude, has anyone ever come back from mexico and saw the U.S. Customs dogs at Newark Airport? One look would convince you to never break a law again!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    thanks for the heads up. i'll bump this up. i was gonna order something for my winter cycle but i'll think i'll wait now!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    big bump for that

Thread Information