GetBiggg is offline Associate Member

Glute injection and 1' needle.

i'm using 1' needles and today I injected into my glute for the first time. So far I prefer it to my thighs, but I suppose tomorrow will be the big test.

i'm pretty sure, I got it in a good spot, the gluteus medius.
    I've read that a lot of people use 1.5' needles to get into the muscle.
    and if I didn't get it into the muscle will I be able to tell if I just injected it into fat and wasted the injection? pretty sure I didn't but not an expert on this.
    but I have almost no fat on my rear end and I push the needle in all the way.
    i've talked to my friends and they say I should be fine, but a couple extra opinons woudln't hurt.

and no I don't want to buy 1.5' needles, so will I be fine, or should I go back to the thighs. thanks for the help everyone

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    You can use 1" for any group unless you have a really fat ass

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i think whwn i shootthe glut with the 1in i hade more pain then the 1.5. i think when you go deep into the muscle you do not get the same burn feeling

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    i think whwn i shootthe glut with the 1in i hade more pain then the 1.5. i think when you go deep into the muscle you do not get the same burn feeling
    i completely agree. 1.5 is def the way to go

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Wow... I would definitely go for the longer pin! They are cheaper than wasted gear. ONE wasted shot will probably cost you more than a couple dozen pins.

I know some guys will use the shorter pin and just make sure it is alllllll the way in. Well, the problem is, you don't want the ferrule part of the pin to make contact with the injection site. Or so my ex who is in the health care field says.

Gear injected into fat will no doubt eventually make it into the system, but why not do it right? Please reconsider buying the pins. Keep the 1" pins for quads or delts, but use longer ones for glutes. You may never be glad you did, but you might be sad that you didn't.

well, the 1' in the glute caused a lot less pain than it did in my quad.. so if it's just for reducing pain to jump up the 1.5' then i'm ok with the ones I have now.
    and luckily I don't have a huge fat ass...
    so.. any other opinions.. am I ok?

and I highly doubt I missed the muscle... but out of curiosity if you did inject in fat would it get absorbed?

cut260 is offline Associate Member
    If you are lean then you should not have any issues what so ever, but it is true a 1.5 is preferred. Yes you would know if you shot it in the fat (very unlikely in a bodybuilder however). It would cause a steroid cyst and build up in the fatty tissue as a hard lump. Many times they need to be surgically removed so its better safe than sorry and stick the 1.5 pin in the glute. The other issue with the shorter pins can be diameter and you need a lot more pressure to get the oil into the muscle. That pressure can also cause damage to the tissue causing infections and irritation, but that all depends on which type of gear you are using.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    i have never used anything bigger than a 23g 1 inch for my glutes and I dont think I have wasted a drop... but once the needle is sunk I push slowly a little farther... and I have zilch for ass fat...

Tags is offline Associate Member
    I use 23g 1 1/2inch for glutes... no problems yet, smooth injections...

swoll4589 is offline Member
    so a 23G 1 1/2 would be definately better for the glute than a 25 G 1inch but how much more pain would the 23G cause compared to the 25. I cant find any 25G 1 1/2

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swoll4589
    so a 23G 1 1/2 would be definately better for the glute than a 25 G 1inch but how much more pain would the 23G cause compared to the 25. I cant find any 25G 1 1/2

Use the 23's the 25 at that length is very flimsy - I use them in the ER but only to put lidocaine into a wound for suturing - we have 1 1/2" or 2" 25g pins

well, I defly got it into the muscle.. just enough discomfort to know for sure....
    assuming the pain doesn't get terrible overnight I defly prefer this to my thigh pain.
    And my gear is pretty high quality stuff from an actual lab. Not the home brew stuff, so that puts my mind at ease. and I try to take a little over a minute to inject to let the oil spread out, so it doesn't hurt as much.
    I guess i'll just continue to avoid the donuts so I don't get a fat ass. hah

thanks for the info bros, much appreciated.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    ive always used 25g 1" in glutes

never had a problem

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    A 1" is fine, but a 1.5 is much better!

1Leader is offline Associate Member
    Glutes 25g 1.5" you gotta get in there.
    26g 1" for upper body .

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    I use a 3" needle for all my injections i like the way it feals when it grinds off of the bone

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by swoll4589
    I have seen 25g 1-1/2 for sale online, but they are not commonly offered. A 23ga isn't bad, really. And the 25's can be a bit slow... a bit harder to push a lot of juice through. I use 25g 1" for site injections and 23ga longs for glutes, myself.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I always use 20g 1" and never had a problem. Actually I can feel it when then needle goes through the muscle. But again my BF is low.

blown is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    I started out hitting glutes w/ a 1" and was fine, but after a few shots it started getting really sore and swollen every shot. So I switched to 1.5" and the soreness is minimal now. No swelling at all. And I have a relatively skinny ass.

So for me at least, the "deeper shot = less pain" is definitely true."

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    I use a 3" needle for all my injections i like the way it feals when it grinds off of the bone
    WTF!!! thats crazy bro, but hey if thats ur style, then goforit

news flash the 3 inch needle is a joke also known as sarcasm

would be crazy though lol

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    lol, i understand bro

**** I ordered a bunch of 3' needles too....

well day after my frist glute injection (with a 1') and it's a bit sore, but it's a helluva lot better than my thigh was...
    hell my thigh still hurts.

if you injected into fat would you even get sore from it on a side note?

not going back to the thigh unless I get some oil to mix in there.
    thanks bros

Thread Information