sbeast007 is offline Senior Member

is it legal to bring steroids in the u.k

if i were to go to another country like turkey or mexico where u can buy steroids from anywhere would i be able to just put them into my suitcase and bring them back to the u.k or would it be better just to airmail them.
    i heard that it was legal to import steroids into the uk for your own personnel use but its illegal to sell them.
    how can customs tell how much u will use for yourself.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    bump

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    no its not. of course not...I dunno how tight the customs are in the UK, in Germany u don t have too many problems if u r coming from Turkey. if u r buying larger amounts I would advise u to send it per airmail...

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    post it uk is easy to get packages in the country.plus theres less change of getting arrested.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    From what I can gather it's legal to bring (posess) ''3 months supply'' of prescription medicine through UK customs (without a prescription) - so if you dont take the piss you should be OK - I think this wouldn't apply to UG labs gear tho - just pharm grade.
    Still you're prolly better off just sending it to avoid any possible complications.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    up 2 a few years ago it was legal 2 bring £280 worth of gear in2 the uk for personal use,but when it was made a class a drug obviously that went out the window.I know this cause quite a few years ago i asked customs wether it was ok 2 bring it back n they sent me a letter statin how much i could bring home.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    up 2 a few years ago it was legal 2 bring £280 worth of gear in2 the uk for personal use,but when it was made a class a drug obviously that went out the window.I know this cause quite a few years ago i asked customs wether it was ok 2 bring it back n they sent me a letter statin how much i could bring home.
    so are you saying that 'importing' any amount is illegal now? what about posession (for personal use)?

it is illegal to even possess gear unless u have a perscription from a doc

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    it is illegal to even possess gear unless u have a perscription from a doc

are you sure booz ?? its still a class C allowed for personal ?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You are fine to bring in steroids to the UK so long as you can show them its for your personal use, there is no set amount you can bring in but i wouldnt push it to much,
    i was stopped with over a 1000 pounds worth at customs and i was fine i just gave them all my courses for that year which was the same amount in my suitcase, you will be fine so long as you can prove its for yourself

AVAGO is offline Member
    How did you prove it ? just by telling them what cycles you do in a year ?

as far as i knew it was as legal as smack quite sure the laws av changed my mates a customs off will chek with im could b wrong though

AVAGO is offline Member
    as far as i knew it was as legal as smack quite sure the laws av changed my mates a customs off will chek with im could b wrong though

i hope its not illegal, i presume it is the same as cannabis will be when downgraded from class B to class C i.e. legal for possesion, illegal to supply.

Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    How did you prove it ? just by telling them what cycles you do in a year ?
    steriods are a class c of the misuse of drugs act 1971, they went class c in on september 1st 1996,
    it is not an offence to possess steriods for your own personal use, difficulty of this is deciding and proving personal use,
    all i did is show them the courses for the steroids i had in my case and they were satisfied it was for personal use.

accordin 2 the uk drug classiffication it is a class c drug maximum penalty for possetion=caution,prison,or fine dependin on ure postcode watever that means.traffickin =14years imprisonment!it is not legal 2 bring back 4 personal use,read up on it its in black n white but im not gonna argue about it.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Dont suppose you have a link booz?

accordin 2 the uk drug classiffication it is a class c drug maximum penalty for possetion=caution,prison,or fine dependin on ure postcode watever that means.traffickin =14years imprisonment!it is not legal 2 bring back 4 personal use,read up on it its in black n white but im not gonna argue about it.
    it is a offence to produce or supply and its also an offence to intend to supply or sell them.. however its NOT an offence to posess for personal use..home office misuse of drugs act 1971..fact

this is the link:
    http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs...abolicsteroids
    Anabolic Steroids
    The effects, the risks, the law.
    Slang:
    As a pharmaceutical product, steriods come with many different trade names. Commonly used anabolic steroids are Anavar , Sustanon and Dianabol , Winstrol , Deca -Durabolin . Also known as roids, juice, and gear.
    Background:
    Steroids are synthetic substances similar to, and often including, the male hormone testosterone .
    In medicine, steroids are used to treat muscle weakness after surgery. Elsewhere, some bodybuilders use steroids as well as others who think it'll improve their body image.
    Comes in pill form, or as liquid which is injected. Taking a number of different steroids (and other substances) at the same time is known as 'stacking'. Anabolic steroids are banned in most sports. An athlete found using them is often suspended and stripped of previous titles.
    The effects:
    Users generally claim steroids make them feel more aggressive and able to train harder.
    If combined with regular exercise, it can help build up muscle. However, it is not yet certain that steroids actually improves muscle power and athletic performance.
    The drug can also reduce the recovery time needed after heavy training.
    The risks:
    Unwanted side effects associated with steroid use include irritability and aggressiveness ('roid rage '), acne, accelerated hair loss, and a bloated appearance.
    In women steroids have a masculinising effect. This can lead to growth of facial and body hair, baldness, a deepening voice deepening, shrinking breasts, enlargement of the clitoris and disruption of the menstrual cycle.
    For men the risks include erection problems, breast growth, shrinking testicles, reduces sperm levels and possible sterility.
    Some of these side-effects, such as breast growth, can be irreversable without surgery.
    Long term heavy use may damage the heart, liver and kidneys. Young people taking steroids may find their growth rate adversely affected.
    Injecting steroids can damage veins, while sharing needles or syringes places users at risk of infection from HIV and hepatitis.
    The law:
    Steroids can only be obtained legally with a doctor's prescription from a pharmacist. Possession without prescription isn't illegal but supplying steroids (even for free) carries Class C penalties.
    If you are planning on taking steroids:
    It is possible that using anabolic steroids alongside some anti-HIV drugs may worsen the side effects of each drug.
    Many steroids are counterfeit. As a rough guide, it may well be fake if it doesn't have packaging and instructions. Also, bone fide steroids have a lot of number and expiry dates printed on the box, which should be in a different coloured ink. If in doubt, chuck them out.
    Never inject steroids into a vein. This is likely to produce a fatal reaction.
    Last edited by Booz; 03-12-2005 at 10:23 AM.

AVAGO is offline Member
    this is the link:
    The law:
    Steroids can only be obtained legally with a doctor's prescription from a pharmacist. Possession without prescription isn't illegal but supplying steroids (even for free) carries Class C penalties.
    If you are planning on taking steroids:
    It is possible that using anabolic steroids alongside some anti-HIV drugs may worsen the side effects of each drug.
    Many steroids are counterfeit. As a rough guide, it may well be fake if it doesn't have packaging and instructions. Also, bone fide steroids have a lot of number and expiry dates printed on the box, which should be in a different coloured ink. If in doubt, chuck them out.
    Never inject steroids into a vein. This is likely to produce a fatal reaction.

It says in black and white here

f*ck me thats stopped me in me tracks wat cn i say bout that?uv dun me!

AVAGO is offline Member
    Appropriate? j/k
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails is it legal to bring steroids in the u.k-owned-.jpg  

bump

Possesion isnt an offence for personal use, supply and intent to supply is which carries a prison sentance,
    so longs as you can prove its for personal use at customs you will be fine, thats if you get stopped!!

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    i had a package of mine opened from thailand by uk customs, they just taped it up again and sent it on its way, no problem for me at all!

import and possession for personal use is fine, just dont take the piss! dont risk any hassle and send it, its most likely to come thru

good luck bro!

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Could be out of date. They say ephedra is still legal in the states, when it's not.

AVAGO is offline Member
    Ok lets say you get some in tailand or mexico etc.. is it legal to bring it outa there ?

Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    Ok lets say you get some in tailand or mexico etc.. is it legal to bring it outa there ?
    if you can buy your gear over the counter from any country you are fine, it all depends on which country you are bringing it into, England you are fine for personal use!!

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    You are fine to bring in steroids to the UK so long as you can show them its for your personal use, there is no set amount you can bring in but i wouldnt push it to much,
    i was stopped with over a 1000 pounds worth at customs and i was fine i just gave them all my courses for that year which was the same amount in my suitcase, you will be fine so long as you can prove its for yourself
    You were stopped with 1000 lbs of gear?

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Good god am i dumb, sorry , you were talking currency not weight... my mistake,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by LoggedOut
    Good god am i dumb, sorry , you were talking currency not weight... my mistake,,,,,,,
    ha haha ha currency

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoggedOut

Thread Information