GetBiggg is offline Associate Member

Accidental injection into fat

If you were shooting in your glute or anywhere else for that matter, and injected into fat what would happen?

is this a mandatory trip to the doc to get the stuff pulled out?
    does your body just take a while to absorb it?

I injected into my glute on thursday and it's a little puffy. I could be being paranoid here, but still. i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    It will knot up, and not hit your bloodstream all at once... and its probally painful.... and yes you will absorb it, so dont worry... use a longer needle bro

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    You'll get a nice, hard, red, painful section on your ass.. it'll hurt much more than any IM injection. It takes longer to absorb and go away, and you have an increased chance of infection. You'll be able to tell if you have an infection if it gets really hot, or doesn't go away in 10 days.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    What size needle did you use? I hear 1 1/2 is recomended for Glutes but some say you can get away with 1 inch if you dont hold alot of fat on your backside. I would do some research. Gl man

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock-19
    What size needle did you use? I hear 1 1/2 is recomended for Glutes but some say you can get away with 1 inch if you dont hold alot of fat on your backside. I would do some research. Gl man
    I use 1" for glutes all the time.

GetBiggg is offline Associate Member
    well, i'm pretty sure I got it in the muscle.... the soreness runs across it. and it's not red, and it's much less painful than my earlier thigh injection..
    I was just curious what it would look like, and the possible outcomes.
    thanks for the lesson bros

I used a one inch on my gluteus medeus... so it was more like injecting into my hip than my ass... and no I don't have much body fat at all there.. so I was just wondering... just gettinga little nervous b/c it is slightly puffy...
    but I guess that's normal for all areas... ?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetBiggg
    If you were shooting in your glute or anywhere else for that matter, and injected into fat what would happen?

is this a mandatory trip to the doc to get the stuff pulled out?
    does your body just take a while to absorb it?

I injected into my glute on thursday and it's a little puffy. I could be being paranoid here, but still. i'd rather be safe than sorry.
    I was just reading a pharmacy note about anabolic steroid injections and officially, injection or more likely leakage of oils into fat tissue will cause swelling when resembles hardness or lumping of the muscle, but the hardness and lumping is actually taking place in the adipose tissue. You should use care to inject deeply enough to avoid leakage and also injecting SLOWLY will help the oil be absorbed mostly in the muscle with less leakage. Pain, redness and lumping from leakage into adipose fat tissues typically last 3 to 10 days per the book and do not indicate an infection.

Thread Information