Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marijuana???

GettinSwoll47 is offline Associate Member

marijuana???

guys i just wanted some feed back on smoking weed and taking gear....cons and pros if there are any.....

I do it during a bulking phase to help me eat more food, sometimes to relax. The pros were that it definitely helped me eat more(mostly crap but it got me the extra cals)and I slept like a rock, the cons were it made me lazy and sucked away alot of the motivation.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Once again, NO REC DRUG TALK.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro there is lots of talk about this...

If your 100% into your body you wouldn't smoke it..

GB

I'd say that if you can keep your motivation levels up and still be able to stick with a good diet then smoking marijuana won't harm you. But how many ppl do you know that smoke and are still able to train hard in the gym, eat right, etc. I wouldn't advise it if you wanna be successful.

-2z- is offline New Member
    If you have to, I'd eat it instead. Smoke is bad for the lungs.
    I guess brownies aren't that great for you either though....lol.

Of course this is only if it's legal where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    I'd say that if you can keep your motivation levels up and still be able to stick with a good diet then smoking marijuana won't harm you. But how many ppl do you know that smoke and are still able to train hard in the gym, eat right, etc. I wouldn't advise it if you wanna be successful.

I know a guy that works out better when he smokes before the gym..

Not sure what the deal is with that but he is way more focused..

GB

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Rec drug threads are not allowed. Weed raises estrogen levels in chronic users.

Quote Originally Posted by getinbig
    I know a guy that works out better when he smokes before the gym..

Not sure what the deal is with that but he is way more focused..

GB
    Actually I know a few guys like that too.

I've only smoked a few times and when I do, I feel weak as hell. I can't imagine trying to go lift stoned.
    Last edited by YounG_SluG11; 03-13-2005 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g

Yeah this thread should be DELETED...

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I've heard that it lowers test levels also, but I don't think it's actually proven. So for your sake Swoll, don't smoke and refrain from making rec. drug threads in the future.
    Last edited by YounG_SluG11; 03-13-2005 at 03:49 AM.

sorry fellas, wasnt thinking.......

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member
    Look Rec drugs are used by alot of body builders over here instead of drinking alcohol at the night club I work at 80% of the body builders that come in don't drink but are on speed, e's because they say they don't wan't the extra calories from the alcohol and the drugs seem to keep their body tempreture higher so they believe it's burning fat I guess? I am not saying take rec drugs to burn fat, this is just what i have been told from the boys.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    It's true alot of BBers do rec drugs. From nubian to X.

AG5678 is offline Member
    my friend and his boys would smoke some weed after a good w/o and they would eat a **** load.

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetinBig
    Bro there is lots of talk about this...

If your 100% into your body you wouldn't smoke it..

GB
    Bingo!

jgg1221 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GettinSwoll47
    guys i just wanted some feed back on smoking weed and taking gear....cons and pros if there are any.....

any time you smoke weed your blood vessels coagulate meaning less blood flows through them

meaning less nutrients go through them

meaning it hurts your gains!

you wont get as strong!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GettinSwoll47
    sorry fellas, wasnt thinking.......
    I dont see the harm... my wife is a bitch if she dont get high before bed, she also gets upset if I dont have a hit or two with her... we dont smoke much, in fact I passed a piss test for work the next morning after one of our 3 times a week take a toke thing and took nothing to mask it because we barely get high or stoned at all, take one or two puffs, and sleep like baby, sometimes if wife is in sexy mood, its even more sexy if you took a puff or two on some pot.

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    any time you smoke weed your blood vessels coagulate meaning less blood flows through them

meaning less nutrients go through them

meaning it hurts your gains!

you wont get as strong!
    Actually I believe the reason pot smokers get red eyes is because pot dialates all the blood vessels. It opens them up, if your arms are veiny, they seem even more veiny after some pot because the veins are all like dialated and opened up. Glawcoma in the eyes is stopped by pot because of the improved blood circulation.

needle is offline Senior Member
    I dont believe in taking any other substances while on A.S.!!!

Big Bapper is offline Member
    dont think smokeing it before bed will do your gains or motvation any harm. It will just give you a good nights sleep.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    This thing's not locked yet?

RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member
    "ummm... marajewana's bad...... ummkay"

Big_Lex is offline Associate Member
    smoking weed in chronic users deffinately decreases test leves and sperm count which in result leads to high estrogen levels i know this because when younger i used to smoke a lot and was told this by a doctor. This has been proven and there are a lot of articles on the net about it with medical facts. Marijuana causes permanent damage to the brain in chronic users unlike most drugs meaning that loss of memory poor concentration and learning disabilities are something that you can stay with for the rest of the life. Increased apetite and "Good night sleep" are all an illusion which fade away when you stop, your apetite will decrease and cases of heavy permamnent paranoia are also recorded. While smoking your sugar levels drop as well so you crave sweet things so "increased apetite" usually leads to eating junk, you dont really sit and eat chicken and rice that Mcdonalds burger will taste much better. And to top it all off marijuana has been linked to lung cancer and stomach ulcers (read this in one of the muscular developments). So stay away from it its an ambition killer and sorry to say leads to a looser life style. EXtasy is the worst possible thing for body building it actually causes protein break down and more and more side effects are showing up. Alchocol decreases test leves in men by 60% while drinking and they stay low even in the morning while you hang over.. many alchocolics have developed gyno due to low test levels. You have to decide how much effort you want to put into your body and how important is it to you

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    Why does every do-gooder get all huffy when sombody asks a question they dont like . I'm not flamming , but its a legitimate question , and if you dont approve why do you even open it? Thats the mod's job .

weed is barely a drug , and about as harmful as smoking , and probably less since smokers smoke all day long. Like every drug , including AS , theres a point of abuse . I'd say IMO if you smoke weed 5x a day you have a problem . If you indulge once in a while your not destroying your body . Besides , i dont think it hurt arnolds gains . And i know alot of BB who smoke instead of drink .

I say to each his own .

it Is DEFFINATELY a drug and do some research on it if you think its harmless. Muscular Development released some good info on weed 3 months ago. Its bad for you bad for the training and bad for life style. and im far a way from do - gooder i tried it all except for heroin and crack and im not proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Lex
    it Is DEFFINATELY a drug and do some research on it if you think its harmless. Muscular Development released some good info on weed 3 months ago. Its bad for you bad for the training and bad for life style. and im far a way from do - gooder i tried it all except for heroin and crack and im not proud of it.
    And go watch 20/20 and tell me what they say about steroids . Yet almost everyone on here would defend them . I bet i could go find a study somewhere that says steroids are benificial , and turn around and find one that says the exact oppisite . Same with weed .

In any case i think if you asked any "reputable" health source wich is worse theyd all say steroids . Yet we still use them , but im sure you have a good defence for your drug , right?

i use AAS to get bigger and stronger and yes there are side effects and yes they are not a "healthy" option but i made my peace with it long time ago. what benefit do i get from marijuana or any other recreational drug? why do you think governments chase a lot more for abuse of recreational drugs than for use of AAS there has to be a reason dont you think?

Well you said it yourself . You use AS because it makes you feel good , good about yourself . Same reason people smoke weed , makes them feel good . Both make you feel good in diff ways . Although if i had a choice i myself would choose AS .

Reasons for gov to make more arrests for weed are , theres more of it . There are many reasons other than that , but it aint for your health . Did you see the **** there gonna do to vending machines.....give different color codes for junk food vending to show wich is best to eat . There cluless .

I guess my problem is people , mainly the gov , telling me whats good for me . I do my fair share of partying , and AS . All considered bad for you.......yet i gaurentee im in better shape/healthier than 90% of the USA......and 99.9% of the people making the laws/and or health statements .

But i agree with you pot is in no way benificial . And it is BS to say it helps you eat more on cycle . Eating more is not necessarly better , its the content of what you eat .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bapper
    dont think smokeing it before bed will do your gains or motvation any harm. It will just give you a good nights sleep.
    Yea I think there was a study showing that a substantial number of those that smoke pot have very significantly lower rates of alcoholism then the population that never smoked pot. Also while the governments have tried to call pot a stair steping drug, the real statistics show lower incidents of cocaine and heroin use and also the effects of 1 joint a day on the body is far less damaging then 2 or 3 beers, 2 or 3 glasses of wine or 2 or 3 hard shots a day. All of the loss of motivation arguements, damage to health, etc are in every case significantly worst for alcohol abusers then pot smokers. Also the cases sited for the bad statistic with marijuana happened to be more with those who smoke marijuana AND drink a 6 pack of beer or more a day because the statistics are not the same for those who do not drink or do anything else other then pot. In America, 25 to 45 year old adults that smoke pot, only 12% drink or do other drugs, however the general sampling of adults that never smoke pot, the statistic show 35 to 40% of this group has alcholism or other drug abuse problems unrelated to pot.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Hell i'd go as far and say AS are "rec drugs" as their both doing the same thing..making you feel good either homoeopathically or physically!

i just asked this question because i was a little curious on the subject since i couldnt find it anywhere in the search. i would have never thought i would have got so many opinions...

fozy is offline Junior Member
    I smoke weed 3-5 nights a week. My diet is usually good and I NEVER miss a gym day. I sleep like a baby and when I get the munchies I always chow down a protein bar or someting light.

I dont smoke during the day so I cant speak for daily use but I cant tell you a binger before bed has had no noticible effects on any gains I have made. I have been cycling on and off for 5 years.

just my .02

fozy is offline Junior Member
    I smoke weed 3-5 nights a week. My diet is usually good and I NEVER miss a gym day. I sleep like a baby and when I get the munchies I always chow down a protein bar or someting light.

I dont smoke during the day so I cant speak for daily use but I cant tell you a binger before bed has had no noticible effects on any gains I have made. I have been cycling on and off for 5 years.

just my .02

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    It can raise estrogen levels and lower test levels slightly. Continue doing what you like to do but I would not start a habbit over the few pro's if any that you hear on this thread...That being said, I'm taking myself and my O of KB out to lunch

squatster is offline Associate Member
    the only problem with deleting this thred is that people will not learn the truth that pot sucks for BB and lifting and thay will not see all the good info here

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    dont smoke, munch on ganja brownies...

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    BUMP...I 100% AGREE....WHATS UP WITH THE THC POSTS TODAY?

n8or is offline Junior Member
    so how does a guy on gear get wasted or high or whatever.. or a bulder not on juice, how the hell does he get his groove on?? lol

fuc* all this mainstream sh*t, go blaze one for christ sakes, and anybody on this board who thinks top amateurs or pros arent getting trashed here and there on something other than alcohol has thier head up thier ass. Actually, weed would be the lighter of the drugs some of the guys use, more are into GHB for its thermogenic and slight anabolic effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information