Thread: the governator

ChefJ is offline Senior Member

the governator

First mods can move this to the lounge but I wanted to quickly bring up a point. The governator went on the record saying he hates steroids and wants them out of all sports. This in itself is hypocritical, besides that it is my opinion that he would not be where he is today without the series of events that steroids helped along. IE. his bb career would not have elevated to the top and he would have never gotten the movies that he did, would have never made the money, and never have gained the popularity that he did, which put him with his wife along with the funds, and recognition to run and win the governorship. Just my .02

jgg1221 is offline Member
    i heard he said he would do them again on sports center

talltanman is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down **** Arny

Could not agree with you more....
    I guess he's been getting alot of pressure latley to take a stance against AS. I was sure hoping that he would stand up to those pricks though.

just my .01

talltanman

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    I have lost all respect for the man just for saying that one stupid ass thing...

He wasnt doing moderate amounts of steroids , he was an abuser a complete juice junkey and it made him look great for olympia and for his movies even in the 1990's he was juicing, I would even guess early 2000 too...

he better sell the arnold classic...

I cant even discuss this ****ing retarded ass bull****... that man is a complete faggot turncoat sellout pussy... go ahead arnold kiss some more ass ... I would have voted for him as president too... now i hope he ****ing dies!

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    what an Azz

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats not entirely what he said, he did say that he wanted an increased effort to remove steroids from tested sports but that could very well be a point he was forced to bring up. I mean hes been quoted before saying he smokes weed and theres nothing wrong with it, but now that hes a gov. you just can't go around supporting illegal activity or you'd be done right there. Steroids are illegal, theres no question about it, its his responsibility regardless of how he really feels to send a message to the people against them.
    He also went on to say that he does not regret taking steroids during his career...

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has acknowledged using steroids during his years as a champion body builder, said he doesn't regret using the performance-enhancing drugs.

In an interview to be broadcast Sunday, Schwarzenegger told ABC's George Stephanopoulos, "I have no regrets about it, because at that time, it was something new that came on the market, and we went to the doctor and did it under doctors' supervision."

Schwarzenegger has acknowledged taking steroids, but pointed out that they were legal at the time.

"We were experimenting with it. It was a new thing. So you can't roll the clock back and say, 'Now I would change my mind on this,"' he said, according to an excerpt posted on abcnews.com.

The former seven-time Mr. Olympia said he would not encourage drug use because it sent the wrong message to children. But he said he had no problem with athletes taking nutritional supplements and other legal substances to improve their performance.

Schwarzenegger also said he wants bodybuilding to be seen as a respectable sport. "Of course we want to keep the sport clean. It says 'bodybuilding,' not 'body-destroying.' It's bodybuilding. Of course we want to go in that direction."

As I see it, he did what he was required to do, being not portray steroids in a positive light, but he didn't all out bash their use...

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Thats not entirely what he said, he did say that he wanted an increased effort to remove steroids from tested sports but that could very well be a point he was forced to bring up. I mean hes been quoted before saying he smokes weed and theres nothing wrong with it, but now that hes a gov. you just can't go around supporting illegal activity or you'd be done right there. Steroids are illegal, theres no question about it, its his responsibility regardless of how he really feels to send a message to the people against them.
    He also went on to say that he does not regret taking steroids during his career...

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has acknowledged using steroids during his years as a champion body builder, said he doesn't regret using the performance-enhancing drugs.

In an interview to be broadcast Sunday, Schwarzenegger told ABC's George Stephanopoulos, "I have no regrets about it, because at that time, it was something new that came on the market, and we went to the doctor and did it under doctors' supervision."

Schwarzenegger has acknowledged taking steroids, but pointed out that they were legal at the time.

"We were experimenting with it. It was a new thing. So you can't roll the clock back and say, 'Now I would change my mind on this,"' he said, according to an excerpt posted on abcnews.com.

The former seven-time Mr. Olympia said he would not encourage drug use because it sent the wrong message to children. But he said he had no problem with athletes taking nutritional supplements and other legal substances to improve their performance.

Schwarzenegger also said he wants bodybuilding to be seen as a respectable sport. "Of course we want to keep the sport clean. It says 'bodybuilding,' not 'body-destroying.' It's bodybuilding. Of course we want to go in that direction."

As I see it, he did what he was required to do, being not portray steroids in a positive light, but he didn't all out bash their use...
    I am talking about a different interview that was broadcast on FOX news today, where he took a totally different stance against anabolics and blamed them for alot and is worried about the children using them and a bunch of other bs.

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent

Wonderfully said.......unspun! Smart people like Arny, look at the big picture and can see beyond their nose.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    I am talking about a different interview that was broadcast on FOX news today, where he took a totally different stance against anabolics and blamed them for alot and is worried about the children using them and a bunch of other bs.
    Ah I haven't seen that one, maybe some people weren't buying his effort

Look at him in T3, hes obviously still using if he looks like that at his age. If I was a gov. representative I'd probably do the same thing, in a way hes right, if everyone did them (young people especially) there'd be alot of problems due to ignorance. He knows no matter what he or anyone says, bodybuilders and the hardcore will continue to use, hes only concerned about the "spring breaker" type guy if you know what I mean.

Are trying to saay that I am spinning the interview believe me mr. O'reiley I am not.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    WHo cares? Sooner or later this whole issue will blow over. It's just a heated topic right now and he's doing/stating what's best for his political career.

The political career that he would not have without the steroids he used in the first place.

First mods can move this to the lounge but I wanted to quickly bring up a point. The governator went on the record saying he hates steroids and wants them out of all sports. This in itself is hypocritical, besides that it is my opinion that he would not be where he is today without the series of events that steroids helped along. IE. his bb career would not have elevated to the top and he would have never gotten the movies that he did, would have never made the money, and never have gained the popularity that he did, which put him with his wife along with the funds, and recognition to run and win the governorship. Just my .02
    He recognizes this. I dont think you've been keeping up with the issue, and like I said, he's getting a lot of heat right now and he wants to do whats best for his career. I live in cali and I could give two sh!ts if he still uses. It doesn't affect me.

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    I think he's looking out for his career and can't be like OH YES STEROIDS ARE GOOD IVE USED THEM AND SO SHOULD OTHERS! From my understanding alot of people in Cali like him and he doesn't want to go down over some steroid crap especially since its on the news all day long every day for the past god knows how long.

BTW, I think if he were ever to try to be pres. i'd vote for him in hopes that he'd make a new law that enables bodybuilders to run gear legally and have the spring breakers prohibited and locked up in jail for it cause i'm tired of the "can you drink winny" question and i'm sure so is/was he.

WHen he openly admitted to using them, it was legal. I still don't see why the media rags on him about it. But they will hold on to anything.

They weren't legal they just weren't illegal.

nordicpower is offline New Member
    Bottom line is that he is a governor. He represents a state, he cant go out and glorify something that is illegal. Like said before, it wasnt illegal when he did it. He is a government official and he represents the interests of an entire state. Personally i think that aas should be legal along with many other things, however this is not so, and as long as it isnt Arnold cant go out and be pro steroids . And just a side note, sure steroids helped Arnold get where he is, but the are not "The Reason". There are a lot of losers who are always on something, but they will never compete much less amount to anything the likes of Arnold. Just had to throw that out there

Arnold is the man

They weren't legal they just weren't illegal.
    My head hurts after reading that.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    i think society should get with the program. AAS are a schedule 3 drug (in the same category as tylenol codine). We know people are going to use them to their benefit. Unstead of attaching a stigma to people that use them, we should try to educate people how to use them safely. It is inevitable that people are going to use them, but rather than let them use them in a harmful way, we teach them how to use them correctly. Unlike most other illegal drugs AAS can be used safely and beneficially.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree, 100% hypocrisy.
    Why is it that Republcan politicians are always hyporcrites? It's always Do as I say, not as I do.

But I've always thought the guy had the brainpower of a chicken anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Totally agree, 100% hypocrisy.
    Why is it that Republcan politicians are always hyporcrites? It's always Do as I say, not as I do.

Great, let's turn this into a red vs blue conversation.Someone's still angry that kerry didn't win?

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Dude, he cant friggin promote them, hes a political figurehead.

Arnold still rocks in my book.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    He is just saying the right things that his people tell him to say. He recently declinded a bill to test high school athletes and he still doesn't at the arnold classic, his body building competition.

The problem is he is in the lime light and everyone is listening to this jibberish. I am hoping that all of the politicians don't jump on the lets destroy steroids bandwagon.

DoubleL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Oh man. How can you say that? The guy comes from Austria barely able to speak english. He works (some would say exploits) the system to the best of his ability to ultimately become the governor of the most crucial state in the union. Oh I'm sure the guy is a complete idiot. Arnold is brilliant. He set goals his entire life and has acheived all of them so far. I would personally never vote for him, but he has all of my respect, whatever thats worth. The man is the ultimate success story and he got that way through ungodly amounts of hard work and using his intellect. Get real. I would sell out too to become the governator.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    I have lost all respect for the man just for saying that one stupid ass thing...

He wasnt doing moderate amounts of steroids , he was an abuser a complete juice junkey and it made him look great for olympia and for his movies even in the 1990's he was juicing, I would even guess early 2000 too...

he better sell the arnold classic...

I cant even discuss this ****ing retarded ass bull****... that man is a complete faggot turncoat sellout pussy... go ahead arnold kiss some more ass ... I would have voted for him as president too... now i hope he ****ing dies!
    Wow, very mature. It is very naive to think that Arnold is a hypocrite for speaking out against steroids. He has to take a stand and people are EXPECTING him to say just the slightest little thing endorsing their use so they can tear him down. He MUST take a stance against them or else it damages his integrity as backwards as that sounds. If you think about the big picture, you will realize that it can't be any other way.

How many cardiac surgeons are smokers?
    How many dermatologists like to sunbathe?

Bad examples? Maybe, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Wow, very mature. It is very naive to think that Arnold is a hypocrite for speaking out against steroids . He has to take a stand and people are EXPECTING him to say just the slightest little thing endorsing their use so they can tear him down. He MUST take a stance against them or else it damages his integrity as backwards as that sounds. If you think about the big picture, you will realize that it can't be any other way.

How many cardiac surgeons are smokers?
    How many dermatologists like to sunbathe?

Bad examples? Maybe, but you get the idea.
    examples are fine but look at who he is now. A politician lets brake the word down. Politician= policy maker

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleL
    Oh man. How can you say that? The guy comes from Austria barely able to speak english. He works (some would say exploits) the system to the best of his ability to ultimately become the governor of the most crucial state in the union. Oh I'm sure the guy is a complete idiot. Arnold is brilliant. He set goals his entire life and has acheived all of them so far. I would personally never vote for him, but he has all of my respect, whatever thats worth. The man is the ultimate success story and he got that way through ungodly amounts of hard work and using his intellect. Get real. I would sell out too to become the governator.
    This reiterates the point of this thread he used steroids to get big, when he got big he got famous and into movies now he is a governor because of his fame. It was a chain of events that started with the juice.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i agree but its Arnold guys ...he used roids to win in bodybuilding and now hes going to tell the public what they want to hear so he can win the elections ...anything to win thats how he is

DoubleL is offline Junior Member
    Being governor of California seems like a bigger agenda than advocating steroid use . It is obvious to me as well as most of the people commenting on this thread. I don't see how you can sit here and criticize the guy. He is a policy maker, but if there is a stigma against steroids in America, then that's just the way it is. Him taking a stand all by his lonesome makes him a martyr in the steroid community, but a villain all across America. He's being smart. Obviously you don't see it. By calling him a hypocrite, are you saying you wouldn't change your actual opinions to fit more of the public mold to become the governor of a state? Him taking a stand is career/political suicide. Juice helped him get where he is, but steroids can only take Arnold down at this point.

OPEN YOUR EYES TO THIS

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleL
    Being governor of California seems like a bigger agenda than advocating steroid use . It is obvious to me as well as most of the people commenting on this thread. I don't see how you can sit here and criticize the guy. He is a policy maker, but if there is a stigma against steroids in America, then that's just the way it is. Him taking a stand all by his lonesome makes him a martyr in the steroid community, but a villain all across America. He's being smart. Obviously you don't see it. By calling him a hypocrite, are you saying you wouldn't change your actual opinions to fit more of the public mold to become the governor of a state? Him taking a stand is career/political suicide. Juice helped him get where he is, but steroids can only take Arnold down at this point.

OPEN YOUR EYES TO THIS
    Very good point, but at the same time this is just a long paragraph calling him a sellout.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    well what I am saying is this... Steroids is a platform that arnold needs to stay away from, he needs to stay off of that ****ing soap box because any idiot can tell he was on juice even up until 2000-2001... why? so he could still look good in movies and get 10 million dollar paydays...

in my book he needs to champion another cause and get a lackey to handle the steroid issue...

its like clinton saying its bad to get your dick sucked....

yes I know he has to set an example, and he cant just come out and say what he really means... or whatever... yeah just like every other dishonest politician around... if you are going to lie about steroid use like he did ( acting like he couldnt remember what an anadrol looked like ) wouldnt it be better to just not say ****!!!!

Yeah a doctor supervised him my ass... they took insane amounts of drugs, and I am fine with that, hell america dosent give 2 ****s... but that is one subject where all he should do is shut the **** up, or just say I want to see them taken out of high schools...

simster1 is offline Associate Member
    Everyone says without aas arnold wouldnt be were he is. But if there was no such thing as aas do you guys think the best genetics in the business (arnold) would have not won the titles or went into movies or became gov. I am all for aas I run cycles every year. But you have to give a guy in politics a break when he doesnt go against the grain with everything he says. I mean what do you want him to go from I took aas and would take it again to lets legalize the stuff. no way he would be black listed so fast any future plan he had would be ruined.

Thread Information