lzicc is offline Senior Member

Shortness of breath/tired

I started a dbol /deca /test E cycle 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks into it I felt like I was getting a cold. This lasted for a week and I am feeling better, but I am still having trouble catching my breath. I am winded most of the time and working out is very hard being like this. If I work out, I lose my breath real fast and get somewhat dizzy.
    This specific test I have run in other cycles, but the deca is new. The dbol is new also but I have used this brand before. What could be causing this? It is really interfering with my workouts.
    I am thinking about quitting the deca or the dbol to see if that is causing my problems. I really don't think it is the test. I'm not real bloated and haven't gained much weight from the dbol. I usually never do gain a ton on dbol though.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    bump lets get this guy an answer

fukkenshredded is offline New Member
    BP and hematocrit levels have risen along with the normal blood volumization that comes as a result of this combo. You are having trouble oxygenating the extra blood cells, as well as probably negotiating the burning of sugar as you try and recruit the new muscle cells for movement.

Take out the D-bol and replace it with winstrol .

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fukkenshredded
    BP and hematocrit levels have risen along with the normal blood volumization that comes as a result of this combo. You are having trouble oxygenating the extra blood cells, as well as probably negotiating the burning of sugar as you try and recruit the new muscle cells for movement.

Take out the D-bol and replace it with winstrol.
    or anavar

Thanks for the replies. I am going to stop the dbol today. I have winstrol that I am saving for the tail end of my cycle. I'll just wait for the deca and test to kick in. Shouldn't be much longer. That is some explanation fs.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Sounds solid bro, good luck!

Thanks guys. Now how long do you think it will be to get my breathing back to normal? Today is the first day I quit the dbol . I woke up today and I have to yawn to get a full breath of air. This is the same as I have been having to do.

Also, my next shot of test and deca is this Wednesday. If this does not clear up, should I hold off on the shot or at least the deca? I do 250mg each every 3 days.

When I got home from work today, I noticed that my blood pressure in on the high side. It was like this before when I was about 8 weeks into a test only cycle and I didn't have this shortness of breath.

darmadoc is offline Member
    [QUOTE=fukkenshredded]BP and hematocrit levels have risen along with the normal blood volumization that comes as a result of this combo. You are having trouble oxygenating the extra blood cells, as well as probably QUOTE]

With all due espect, I find this explanation hard to believe. Do you have some data that supports a significant increase in hematocrit occurring this quickly, and that even if it did that this would cause shortness of breath. It is very easy to oxygenate RBC's. On the other hand, I'll buy the BP as a cause.

Bump.

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    I'm thinking maybe he meant Hemaglobin. But I don't think it would increase so much you're having a hard time oxygenating your blood. You should really go see a doctor. SOB and high BP are not a good combo. How old are you? Could be anything from a respiratory infection, to CHF, to the high BP. And since it's been this long without resolving, you're really gambling by not seeking medical advice from your doc.

I am actually feeling a little better. I am starting to wonder if it is just this cold that was hanging on. I checked my BP again today and it went down some. Plus with the combo of taking dbol , this may have been my issue I am hoping. I am going to give it a few more days and if it doesn't get alot better, I may go see the doc. I just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, but I still feel young. I've always been in pretty good shape all my life, pretty lean and never really had any major health issue's thank goodness.

That respitory infection that you mentioned sounds like it could be an issue with me. I've had pnemonia before, but my lungs feel clear.

My kid got real sick a couple of days ago and has alot of stuff in his lungs that he is coughing up and today my wife came home and she is now sick, so something must be going around. It just got me a little paranoid since I just started this cycle and I was just real sick in December thinking that I could not get sick again so soon. I have started working out the past couple of days and yes I get a little winded, but not as bad as I was. A few days ago I had to quit working out, it was too much. One other thing, when I first started getting the cold, I continued to work out thinking that it was just the test flu. I am sure that ran me down some too. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I am feeling somewhat better.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I started a dbol /deca /test E cycle 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks into it I felt like I was getting a cold. This lasted for a week and I am feeling better, but I am still having trouble catching my breath. I am winded most of the time and working out is very hard being like this. If I work out, I lose my breath real fast and get somewhat dizzy.
    This specific test I have run in other cycles, but the deca is new. The dbol is new also but I have used this brand before. What could be causing this? It is really interfering with my workouts.
    I am thinking about quitting the deca or the dbol to see if that is causing my problems. I really don't think it is the test. I'm not real bloated and haven't gained much weight from the dbol. I usually never do gain a ton on dbol though.
    Shortness of breath is a classic sign that recently your blood pressure is skyrocketing. If its high enough to cause breathing difficulty, its high enough to head you towards kidney failure. You need to determine your blood pressure and consider exiting your cycle immediately.

Lethalius is offline Junior Member
    Can your bp spike up much higher during a workout, and then go back to near normal when you are not working out?

swoll4589 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalius
    Can your bp spike up much higher during a workout, and then go back to near normal when you are not working out?

i think it does because think about it your heart works harder when your working out. translating into blood being pushed harder throught the veins.

Just got back from the doc and he can't find anything wrong. The one thing that he said is my nasal passages are a little constricted, but other than that,that was it. He said my BP was 144/85 which was a little high, but he did not seem to concerned. I asked him about my heart and he said everything checked out fine including my lungs being clear. I asked him about blood test, but he said that just did them last year and everything checked out fine along with my choleterol and that he did not feel like it was necessary to have it checked. He said the only he noticed is that my protein intake was a little high from the blood test but that was it. I guess I am in the clear I hope. He also asked me if I was sick lately and I told him that I had a bit of a cold last week. He feels that it is still working out of my system.
    Last edited by lzicc; 03-16-2005 at 05:01 PM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    Just got back from the doc and he can't find anything wrong. The one thing that he said is my nasal passages are a little constricted, but other than that,that was it. He said my BP was 144/85 which was a little high, but he did not seem to concerned. I asked him about my heart and he said everything checked out fine including my lungs being clear. I asked him about blood test, but he said that just did them last year and everything checked out fine along with my choleterol and that he did not feel like it was necessary to have it checked. He said the only he noticed is that my protein intake was a little high from the blood test but that was it. I guess I am in the clear I hope. He also asked me if I was sick lately and I told him that I had a bit of a cold last week. He feels that it is still working out of my system.
    Well he didnt think it was necessary to check it again because he is not aware you are on steroids . I bet if he had that little tidbit of information he might have felt differently about doing another blood test. But anyways, your doctor might be right, just the hangover from the cold is all.

When my doctor looked at my cholesterol levels last year he was concerned until I told him I was taking combination of dhea and testosterone , then he instantly blew it off saying when you quit doing steroids or drop down to HRT type levels if I chose, everything should return to normal. Aside from that I was told I should keep an eye on my prostate and be sensative to difficulty peeing, otherwise he told me he didnt see any other reason for me not to. Afterall he HAD just told me the year before I had low testosterone and I should consider going on testosterone replacement , he would prefer I did it thru him instead of the gym dealer.

Bigg Dreamer is offline Junior Member
    just started a test/deca /d-bol cycle today and i also had shortness of breath with very mild dizziness. with me just starting today i would say it would have to be the d-bol bro. i am going to stay on it and see what happen and i'll try to keep all of you posted as far as if my syptoms worsen or get better. D-Bol is know to cause a little shortness of breath in some people we might just be 2 of those people

I know if he would have known about the steroids , he would have changed his mind about a blood test, but he didn't seem to be alarmed about my condition so I didn't think it would be necessary to mention them. Plus, I just started this cycle 3 weeks ago, do you think that there is enough in my system right now to even cause a problem? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong.

A big concern was my heart and lungs. He did alot of breathing test on me He really felt that my nasal passages seemed to be the issue. He also check my blood oxygen level and it was fine. I think starting this cycle and then getting sick, I started to get paranoid cause it happened so close together. If he would have thought something else and I thought something could be serious, I would have mentioned the steroids. I also mentioned about my kidneys and he said that if there was a problem there would be other signs. Here also mentioned anxiety is playing a big part with my breathing. He said just thinking about it can cause breathing problems.

I do feel better now than I did from the weekend and I am breathing better. Plus I feel relieved and that seemed to help.
    Last edited by lzicc; 03-16-2005 at 05:50 PM.

what doses you taking

30mg dailey at 3wks i would say it might have enough in there, i could be wrong not exactly sure how long it stays in your system for sure but only have stopped a few days ago im sure its not all out yet

Every 3rd day, deca and test, 250mg each. Dbol was at 40mg a day, but I quit that on Monday prematurely thinking that was causeing the problem. This is my 4th cycle btw. I think that I may cut the deca down to 250 once a week instead of every 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Dreamer
    what doses you taking

you really should be running your test higher than your deca anyway, but like i said today was my first shot and first does of d-bol and i had the shortness of breath and dizzeness as well with this being my first day there is no way that deca or test is the problem

Do you think that 250mg a week of deca is enough for me to see results or should I keep it at 250 every 3 days like I planned? I got great results just from 500mg of test a week on my last cylcle. I was gonna run my test a little higher, but I'm not too worried about losing a little sex drive, so I figured that would work.

250 istn't to bad im only running mine at 300 wk and 600 test wk with 30mg d-bol wk 1-2 and 40mg d-bol 3-4( this is becuase i have some extra pills so i figured i would just add 10 the last 2 wks to use them up)

i woluld have went 400 deca a week but all i couldge tmy hands on was 50mg/pl and as it is im doing 3 1/2 cc shots i din't like the sound of 4 1/2 cc's bro that sounded like a little much for me i like my @ss too much

I hear that. That is alot of stuff. I think the same way. The smallest amount the more comfortable I feel. I would go up to 750mg a week with test, but that's another cc.

Thread Information