redmeat is offline Senior Member

thoughts about a possible cutting/strength stack

As some of you bros know, I'm a pro powerlifter who (along with my partner who's about to sign a pro contract) is going to start doing some strongman. Any strongman comps for us are still a long ways off as we don't even have enough of the equipment with which to train yet, SO I thought in the meantime it might not be a bad idea for me to try to strip off some bodyfat. Contrary to a lot of popular belief, strongman isn't about being big and fat and bloated. It's about athleticism (i.e. Marius Pudzianowski), and any extra weight is just gonna slow you down. So anyway...

I am 6'1", 306 lbs, let’s say 18% bodyfat. I don't know for sure what my bodyfat is (I'm buying some calipers tomorrow). I know that in a shirt I look pretty jacked and diesel, and without a shirt I look like a slob (at least in my opinion). That means I have 55.08 lbs of fat, and 250.92 lbs of lean body mass (lbm). After a 12 week plan, if I lost 15 lbs of fat and gained 7 lbs of muscle, I’d be 298 at 13.4% bf.

Or, if I lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 5 lbs of muscle, I’d be 291 at 12.0% bf (might actually start to see some abs).

Now, I don't know how feasible any of these numbers are, I'm just throwing them out there. You get the basic idea that I just pretty much want to lean up a little.

To help with this, my anabolic use will consist of a test/tren /eq/winny stack. This stack, and the doses used, will be designed to lose as much bodyfat as possible while maintaining and increasing strength and muscle mass (if I can). The test and eq will serve as the primary base for protein synthesis, and therefore will aid in muscle building and prevention of wasting. Test will be run at 1 gram weekly, and the eq at 800 mgs weekly. The tren will serve as an anticatabolic agent, a strength agent, and as a fatburner. The dosage will be 75 mgs/day. Finally the winstrol will act as a fatburner and as a strength agent, at a dose of 50 mgs/daily.

**Now, I know a lot of bros say AAS won't burn fat but I've used tren before and I beg to differ. I've never used winstrol so I can't say for sure, but I've seen some decent info on this board and on other boards that suggest just that.**

Will also use Lion’s letro at 1.25 mgs/eod to keep water to a minimum and to help prevent and remove any existing estrogen fat deposits (and maybe help get rid of some puberty gyno).

My diet will consist of about 500 grams of protein daily (I track my diet so yes, I really do get that much) from red meat, chicken, eggs, and protein shakes for the most part. I'm an endomorph so I have to keep my carbs on the low side, and mostly complex (oats, whole wheat, green veggies). I never worry about fat intake.

OK I don't think I left anything out. If you guys have any comments or suggestions I'd love some input. Thanks.

BDTR is offline Retired
    1-12 150mg prop ed
    1-12 100mg tren ed
    1-12 100mg of winny or var ed (hes a big guy and know for a fact he runs orals long)

Red, check out the diet forum for the cutting sticky and apply it to your bodyweight, its a great diet. I'm about to cut up myself too, i'm at 322 and want to hit maybe 290 solid.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Also if you look like a slob without a shirt on then you're probably not 18%, im currently 17% and dont look fat without a shirt. From your pic squatting id probably say 25% or so, which really isnt that bad at all considering how much LBM you have. Your body will be an inferno burning fat. If you need any tips for big guy cutting then hit me up with a PM.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks bdtr. That cycle looks pretty good to me. Do you think adding eq is a good idea, or is it not needed?

I was actually considering going 100/day on the winny. I think I will now that you mention it.

25% wouldn't surprise me at all. That just means it'll be even easier to lean out. Like I said I'm getting some calipers tomorrow. I know they're not that accurate but at least I'll have a ballpark idea. Maybe I'll get the water displacement test done at the local university.

Taking a look at the diet now...

BDTR is offline Retired
    I wouldn't even bother with the EQ to be honest. I'd also sub either halo or var for the winny... Especially if you're doing strongman stuff. It's HELL on the joints.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Also if you look like a slob without a shirt on then you're probably not 18%,. From your pic squatting id probably say 25% or so.
    I think over 10%bf is sloppy, actually.....

I like to see 4-6 abs, year round.

But yeah, I agree...he's looking at 25%+ judging from that pic of him squatting.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yeah well.... well.... I think anything under 300 lbs is scrawny!!! Ya i got ya!

17% hydrostatic tested with the top two rows of abs visible when flexed, when not flexed the top row can be seen... no gut or anything or bitch tits. 18% can look gross on someone without a lot of muscle though. I do plan on cutting down to 9% soon just for the hell of it, i got down to 5-6% one time but felt sick at that BF, just very weak.

I hang out at around 9% or so, year round. "I look jacked in a shirt" and like "a slob without a shirt" is kind of silly....

BDTR is offline Retired
    I agree, I just dont personally see the need for abs year round for myself personally, as long as i dont look fat and im big im happy.

Personally, I'm just a better athlete (my reason for training and using AAS) when my bodyfat is low(ish). As far as looking "Jacked," I don't care...I'm barely over 200lbs (5'7")....I'm never going to be the biggest dude in the room....

Thread Information