bigjsheets is offline Associate Member

Horrible elbow pain

I'm currently 8 weeks into a cycle of deca 500mg/wk, test e 500mg/wk, test prop 125mg eod. My strength has gone way up but my right elbow is almost useless. It started hurting when i started really increasing my weights. I lifted through it and now i can't get through a set of any upper body lift. I planned on going 12 weeks but this is a set back. Should i do a week of legs/lower back only and hope it gets better??? I hate to get off now because i won't be able to maintain my gains if i can't lift hard. I would tough it out but it's pretty bad. Any thoughts??? Thanks

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Get it checked out by a doctor and ask him what you should do as far as training goes.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    deca is generally good for the joints as it adds some liquid to them.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I was gonna say....with the deca most dont have that problem, especially at that dose.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    lay off it dude... and ice it down every day.. a few times a day for any inflamation.... your joints and tendons can only handle so much... you have to warm up and stretch everything good, and I strech constantly between every single set... I wear elbow wraps ( sometimes ) and wrist supports, belt, knee wraps, compression shorts... ect... and If anything has ever been really sore I ice it down and give it some extra rest while I blast another part...

I was lifting 405 when I only weighed 180 lbs... and squatting around 500...
    I have never injured myself... but ICE, stretching, and lots of neoprene wraps help....

the wraps will support joints and tendons, keep them warmer and better lubricated, so your muscles can do what they need to do...

if it persists see a doc... hope this helps...

seanw is offline Banned
    Man I have done the same thing. It really kills me right on the bone where all the forearm muscles insert onto that elbow bone. I have been to the physio as well but it is still sore. I use a forearm strap and anti inflamitries. I have also halved my weights and upped my reps to give it a chance to recover. The ice sounds like a good idea I mights try that as well

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjsheets
    I'm currently 8 weeks into a cycle of deca 500mg/wk, test e 500mg/wk, test prop 125mg eod. My strength has gone way up but my right elbow is almost useless. It started hurting when i started really increasing my weights. I lifted through it and now i can't get through a set of any upper body lift. I planned on going 12 weeks but this is a set back. Should i do a week of legs/lower back only and hope it gets better??? I hate to get off now because i won't be able to maintain my gains if i can't lift hard. I would tough it out but it's pretty bad. Any thoughts??? Thanks
    bro, if you lift heavy, this is gonna happen from time to time....give the elbow some rest, concentrate on legs like you have mentioned....and ease back into lifts that strain your elbow....hopfully it's a mild case of tennis elbow, i still have problems with this...and yes, the deca should actually help...stay away from winny....how many cycles have you ran? age? etc

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    do you do skull crushers????

if so, this could be it... if you do skull crushers with your upper arm perpendicular to the floor you will get elbow pain... do them on a decline bench or dont do them at all... this will take the stress off of your elbows and push it to your triceps... or just do the skull crushers with your upper arm about 50 degrees to the ground insted of right up, and touch the weight to the callick on the back of your head... this will remove stress from your elbows...

if not, what do you do for tri's??? (tri exercises generally lead to elbow pain... examine your form in all tri exercises)
    Last edited by EatRite; 03-13-2005 at 07:22 PM.

bigjsheets is offline Associate Member
    This is my sixth cycle. I think the main cause is my tricep workouts. Generally i don't do a whole lot of tri's because this has happened before but i've really been hitting them lately. It just sucks this is happening so far into my cycle. Thanks alot for the advice guys.

China Dawg is offline Junior Member

Wrap it up...

I'll second Danbrooks2k's suggestion of using a neoprene elbow wrap. I did some arm wresting and really ended up torquing the crap out of my elbow (but I won! ) - like seanw it's with my forearm where the muscle connects at the eblow. I've been using an elbow wrap for months and still working out hard. The wrap really helped and I've now been able to ease out of using it at all with only some minor pain remaining during triceps exercises.

BDTR is offline Retired
    One thing about deca for joint pain... It could be rather negative as it could hide a serious injury that could get worse if you continue to work it. Trust me, I know this from experience. Get it checked out.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    deca is generally good for the joints as it adds some liquid to them.
    Agree totally. Get it checked! If hurts with extra lub, you may be really messing up.

Keep us posted.

Thread Information