Diesel is offline Anabolic Member

Vasectomy and it's effects (if any)

I have been looking around for some answers to questions I have about the effects of a Vasectomy and have not come across much as of yet.

Soooo, I thought I would post up some questions to see if anyone here may be able to lead me in the right direction.

What effects if any does it have on your natural test levels, HPTA, etc, etc?

And if there is an effect, how would this effect the way pct is administered?

D

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    OUCH!!!

Sorry bro don't know much about it.. I want to keep the little guys.

OUCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by GetinBig
    OUCH!!!

Sorry bro don't know much about it.. I want to keep the little guys.

OUCH!!

LOL....Actually from what I understand it is a pretty simple procedure. Can be done on your lunch hour.

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    I have not had any poblems with it..
    I had it done 16 yrs ago..
    WE Wife and I talked about one more child,So I had it reverced and it did not Work
    Still shooting blankes ~Thank God....
    Dont know about test levels but I have done pct without any problems..

OK, think I found something...

Vasectomy

By Steven N. Gange, MD, FACS
    WebMD Feature

Vasectomy is a relatively simple and safe surgical procedure used to help men become infertile or sterile (unable to father children). At least 500,000 of these are performed each year in the United States, and serious complications are very uncommon. Vasectomy is designed to be permanent, so your decision needs to be made carefully. If you are undecided, continue to use one of the many effective temporary contraceptive devices available. Your wife might consider a tubal ligation, but this procedure is more complicated and expensive than vasectomy, so most couples opt for vasectomy. Once you have made the decision to proceed, there are some things you should know and consider before having a vasectomy.

1. While a vasectomy is not a serious surgery, it still carries certain risks.

Vasectomy is an office procedure, performed under local anesthesia (numbing medicine) with or without sedation (medicine to make one drowsy) by urologists and some general and family practitioners. A preliminary counseling session is required, in which literature and consent forms are reviewed and a physical exam is performed.

The most common risks are infection and bleeding, and neither is usually serious. How you take care of yourself after vasectomy can minimize these risks. You will be advised to take it easy, use ice on the scrotum, and wear supportive undergarments for several days to a week. Other, less common problems include the development of a small lump (called a sperm granuloma), which may require removal, epididymitis (swelling and pain of the epididymis, which connects the testicle to the vas deferens), or chronic testicular pain or sensitivity after vasectomy. The most worrisome risk is that of vasectomy failure or recanalization (the two ends become reconnected); this is very rare, but emphasizes the importance of verifying the success of the vasectomy by delivering semen specimens to your physician, who will look for persistent sperm. Getting all the sperm out of the semen can take months; usually 20 or more ejaculations will be required. Never assume you are sterile until your doctor confirms it.

Vasectomy has never been conclusively determined to predispose a man to any future health problem. The studies linking vasectomy to prostate cancer, for example, are not convincing, and contradictory results from several large studies offer some reassurance that we don't have any good reason to believe that there is a link between vasectomy and prostate cancer.

2. What happens during a vasectomy?

A vasectomy simply blocks the flow of the sperm. During the procedure, the doctor removes a piece of each vas deferens, the tubes that carry sperm from the testicles to the penis, and seals the ends (with metal clips, sutures or cautery). Two techniques are available, based on the doctor's training and preference: an open technique and a no-scalpel technique. In both cases an incision is created, but the no-scapel incision is made with a pointed clamp and is smaller. Lasers are not generally used for vasectomy.

3. A vasectomy will not change your "manliness."

No hormonal changes occur after vasectomy. Vasectomy will not change your sexual performance or satisfaction. Because only 5 percent of the ejaculate is sperm, the change in volume is not noticeable. Keep in mind, however, that vasectomy does not offer any protection against STDs.

4. Vasectomy reversals are available, but not always successful.

Your urologist can perform a vasectomy reversal, but can't offer any guarantee about success. The sooner after vasectomy, the more likely it can be reversed. The procedure is done in a hospital or surgical center and is costly ($3000 to $5000); insurance does not cover vasectomy reversal. Again, it is best to think of vasectomy as a permanent procedure.

BDTR is offline Retired
    From what I understand it will have no negative impact on such things.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    i was asking the same question to someone last nite... thanks Diesel

I had it done 5 years ago. I haven't had any problems at all. It was a simple procedure and I was back to normal in 2 days.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    No problems here. DO IT!!!!!!!

righton is offline Senior Member
    Why bother? Stay on year round (i've been on just over 13 months) and you'll do your g/f a big favor (and she'll thank you for it) by self administering male birth control! And since i've done it i'm the only one who can say(besides someone in the same situation) that it's COMPLETELY REVERSABLE when you stop! You make gains through out, you feel great and you can bang twice a day(btw i'm 41). Just another option to think about besides that kicked in the balls feeling(so i've heard).

saleen556 is offline New Member
    I had mine done a little over a year ago and i do not believe it can have an effect on your test level.However everyone reacts different to surgery.My buddy was back to his desk job the next day.I could hardly walk for a week even though i was taking vicodin.

Thread Information