xman is offline Junior Member

Can you keep weight on if you have low test levels?

I am 6'2" and weigh about 204. I have had my test levels tested a while back and they where at 280. This was about 2 months after a 12wk cycle. I have done several cycles and I have done clomid post cycle. I have read everthing about keeping gains after a cycle and tried them all with little luck, I kept 4lbs after my last cycle. I don't want this post to turn into "what have you done post cycle", I have already done that. What I want to know is if haveing already naturally low test levels can be the reason I can not keep on the weight? My last cycle I was up 22lbs, and only increased by bf by about 2-3%, so I can put on the weight.

TxLonghorn is offline Junior Member
    That is the biggest reason why guys want to get their hpta back up and running: so they can keep their gains. If you have naturally low test levels...you might want to look into hormone replacement therapy with your doctor.

Or self-medicate, lol.

Other alternatives are to go on longer cycles with shorter breaks in between. Also, many have stated that taking vitex in the neighborhood of about 500mg-1gram/day was able to increase their test levels. I forget the guy who posted it, but he had low test levels for years and when he was tested on only vitex, his test levels were high-normal.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    are you refering to vitex agnus castus?

xman is offline Junior Member

low test

What does everyone else think of longer cycles with shorter breaks? How long and how short? I generally will lose everything in 2 months. It doesn't matter if my cycle was 8 or 12wks. How long can you do long on short off before you do permanent damage? What about 6wks on 4wks off for someone like me with low test levels? One last thing, If I do go on hormone replacement therapy, does that mean I would have to stop cycling completely?

Thread Information