dazbo is offline Senior Member

Probs when injecting into thighs

Hi

Im trying to widen my options for injections because at the min I only use the Glutes to inject into.

The problem is, when I start my next cycle for cutting, Im going to be using Prop EOD so dont think it a good idea to stick to Glutes ?!!

So, a few weeks back I used the thigh to inject into, and it wasnt too bad - felt diff I think mainly cos the muscle is harder in that area. Then a little later I tried the other leg - I must have hit a nerve or something cos it hurt like hell!! It really burned so I pulled out and used the Glute instead.

Now, today, I went to use the thigh again. This time I pushed the needle in, for the first part it felt OK, then I felt a sore spot, then I felt another one as it went right in and this time it made the thigh muscle twitch!! So, this was too sore, thought again I must have hit a nerve, so pulled out.

I changed the needle, and tried again, in a slightly diff spot (The last also blead quite a bit). This time I only got about 1/4 of the 1.5" needle length, and it felt like the needle was red hot on fire !! burned like hell again - and still does now even after 10mins rest for it!

So, to end it, I used the Glute again. I dont know if I can bare to try the thighs again though!!

does anyone have any ideas on why I have these problems ??? I do the usual, clean it, stretch the skin, insert, aspirate etc etc.

Any info welcome - thanks!!

Darren

Oh yeah BTW Im using a 21G 1.5" pin

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    Hi

Im trying to widen my options for injections because at the min I only use the Glutes to inject into.

The problem is, when I start my next cycle for cutting, Im going to be using Prop EOD so dont think it a good idea to stick to Glutes ?!!

So, a few weeks back I used the thigh to inject into, and it wasnt too bad - felt diff I think mainly cos the muscle is harder in that area. Then a little later I tried the other leg - I must have hit a nerve or something cos it hurt like hell!! It really burned so I pulled out and used the Glute instead.

Now, today, I went to use the thigh again. This time I pushed the needle in, for the first part it felt OK, then I felt a sore spot, then I felt another one as it went right in and this time it made the thigh muscle twitch!! So, this was too sore, thought again I must have hit a nerve, so pulled out.

I changed the needle, and tried again, in a slightly diff spot (The last also blead quite a bit). This time I only got about 1/4 of the 1.5" needle length, and it felt like the needle was red hot on fire !! burned like hell again - and still does now even after 10mins rest for it!

So, to end it, I used the Glute again. I dont know if I can bare to try the thighs again though!!

does anyone have any ideas on why I have these problems ??? I do the usual, clean it, stretch the skin, insert, aspirate etc etc.

Any info welcome - thanks!!

Darren
    i had the same problem 2 weeks ago, always inject in the thighs but one day it started hurting like a bitch so i tried to pull it out and try another spot (still on the thigh) i did it like 4 times but it didnt work, then some guy told me to put all my wheight on the other leg so that the muscle on the thigh im injecting is as relaxed as it can be, i didt that and it worked fine for me. i would guess that ur kinda nervous and thats why ur having a hard time injecting.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    holy ****...21g 1.5in wow...your a bigger man than i am....23g, 1in are my preferrence. I use those for both glute and thigh shots. a 21g 1/2in could be very painful in the thigh. Good luck bro.

Timetraviler is offline Junior Member
    Dude do what I did marry a NURSE

Quote Originally Posted by Timetraviler
    Dude do what I did marry a NURSE
    , i prefer the oldschool way do it urself and alone..had a friend watching me once he got so nervous he started shaking and that made me nervous so i started shaking aswell lol

Thanks so far.

I didnt actually know the size of my pins until I just looked and realised it was 21G 1.5" ! I get them free in a "C" pack from the local chemist so Im only going to use them.

As for being relaxed, suppose I am more nervous in the thigh because of not doing it much, also the pain from the 2nd time put me off a bit. And, the more I keep getting this pain from it, the more nervous I am about it! Anyway, I sit on my comp chair and let the leg relax as much as I can. I do find it hard to relax because that area has very low fat and it always seems pretty tense!!

thanks so far guys

Thanks so far.

I didnt actually know the size of my pins until I just looked and realised it was 21G 1.5" ! I get them free in a "C" pack from the local chemist so Im only going to use them.

As for being relaxed, suppose I am more nervous in the thigh because of not doing it much, also the pain from the 2nd time put me off a bit. And, the more I keep getting this pain from it, the more nervous I am about it! Anyway, I sit on my comp chair and let the leg relax as much as I can. I do find it hard to relax because that area has very low fat and it always seems pretty tense!!

thanks so far guys
    try standing on the other leg, im sure it will work out that way , ur welcum btw

this is also my first cycle so that prob dont help wi the nerves - very comfortable doing the glutes though - onyl had a prob once where I drew back blood, and it did hurt a little more too, but I even used the dulled pin tonight and found no probs with the glutes!

this is also my first cycle so that prob dont help wi the nerves - very comfortable doing the glutes though - onyl had a prob once where I drew back blood, and it did hurt a little more too, but I even used the dulled pin tonight and found no probs with the glutes!
    lol, im **** scared of doing the glutes on my own, dunno i feel alot better when using both hands, my first cycle too bro , oh try the other thigh, might work, i always have problems with the right thigh (or maybe im nervous coz of what happend) but i dont have any problems at all with the left

djgoodspeed is offline Junior Member
    23g 1" only insert 5/8" deep.

Next time I inject Ill try it again, Ive used the right thigh and that was the first time I had the burning pain, tonight was with tht left thigh for both. Got to get used to it !! only 2 weeks on this cycle left and then its my next one in 10 weeks and I dont think I can do EOD injections in the glutes can I ?????? Mind you, Ill prob give it a go if the thigh injections dont work too well!!

aha hm i always put it in all the way (think i have the 23g aswell)

djgoodspeed is offline Junior Member
    It is not a safe practice to insert the pin all the way. It the needle breaks it would mean a trip to the hospital.

5/8" deep using 1"
    1 1/4" using 1 1/2"

Quote Originally Posted by djgoodspeed
    It is not a safe practice to insert the pin all the way. It the needle breaks it would mean a trip to the hospital.

5/8" deep using 1"
    1 1/4" using 1 1/2"
    ah never thought of that, thnx bro

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    do yourself a huuuuuuge favor and get 25g

are 25G pins OK for oil based ones ????

Also, I never go right in, always leave some left at the end.

thanks so far again

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    25g works fine - but is a bit flimsy if longer than 1 " - BTW I have used 27G pins with good success but takes forever to push it - must be patient

znak is offline Senior Member
    I just did my first two quad injections. 23g 1.5" and 25g 1". I sit down, put leg out in front of me and wham.

It is a lot easier than glutes! I get so fricking twisted around aspirating my glute that I need to go to a chiropractor after every injection.

BlocRoc is offline Member

I do all my shots in the thighs or calves. I tried glutes, but couldnt find a way that would be comfortable at all!

Hmm, to each his own...

The trick for the thighs is to do it sitting down with your leg out in front of you and NO WEIGHT on it at all!

Hope this helps...!

L8

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Bro you just gotta relax, when I first did quads I was tense and I could never get it right. I suggest just finding the spot, closing your eyes, and sticking it in.

Quote Originally Posted by djgoodspeed

5/8" deep using 1"
    1 1/4" using 1 1/2"
    It's damm near impossible for the pin to break IMO. I have to bend it about 90 degrees around 8 times for it to break. But obviously there's no disadvantage to leaving some.

I did enjoy one members thread who actually did have this happen. Haha, just do what he did and use some plyers to get it out, screw the hospital .

Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    It's damm near impossible for the pin to break IMO. I have to bend it about 90 degrees around 8 times for it to break. But obviously there's no disadvantage to leaving some.

I did enjoy one members thread who actually did have this happen. Haha, just do what he did and use some plyers to get it out, screw the hospital .
    now that i remember ur right mate..i broke a needle once, well not broke it just got twisted but it never broke hm

Quote Originally Posted by BlocRoc

I do all my shots in the thighs or calves. I tried glutes, but couldnt find a way that would be comfortable at all!

Hmm, to each his own...

The trick for the thighs is to do it sitting down with your leg out in front of you and NO WEIGHT on it at all!

Hope this helps...!

L8

hey bro, doesnt it hurt like a biatch doing the calves?? how many times a week do u inject ?

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    hey bro, doesnt it hurt like a biatch doing the calves?? how many times a week do u inject ?
    I was thinkin the same thing when he said that. OOWwwwww

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I use 27's for thighs..takes a while, but I cannot find a space that doesnt hit a nerve with a larger needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Cracker
    I use 27's for thighs..takes a while, but I cannot find a space that doesnt hit a nerve with a larger needle.
    well i think that may be the problem with mine then - too big needle so its hard to find a good spot!

I'm going to keep trying but I am really put off by it now.

How about the Delts ?? I think I could manage that but maybe needle again too big ?

Thanks for the input so far guys

BIG TEX is offline New Member

Site Injecting

I honestly prefer injecting in delts. You can see what your doing and it seems to absorb faster than glutes since you have lot less fat. Also, it seems as my upper body has completely blown up since i've been injecting in delts. I usually go with a 21g. in gluts and shoulders. Doesnt hurt too bad, and no matter how many times I've done it, I always seem to get a little nervous but in the end all worth it. Good luck.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member

5/8" deep using 1"
    1 1/4" using 1 1/2"

The needle will not break....try and push that against a wall or carpet sometime and see if it will break. It doesnt..it takes alot of pressure. With that said, i still leave a little bit out.

Im with exactly wot xxelitexx says on that matter - just thought Id add it in!!

Anyway,I think I may try the delt next time to see how it goes - providing I aint got shoulder session too close to that one!

So the 1.5" 21G pin is good enough to go on the delt though yes ?

thanks

bump

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    My thighs have the same problem... ive done them by myself over 50 times but for some reason they are definetly painfull... one thing I have noticed is instead of going to far over on the side of your leg stay more centralized... like the middle outside rather than where I see a lot of diagrams show... I have much less pain that way... Good Luck.

jbone30 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlocRoc

Hmm, to each his own...

Hope this helps...!

L8
    rue that ..When i read this i was like..wtf..why is he standing up..I shoot nothing but the quads and i always sit down..leg bent and relaxed..try to pinch the skin before injection ...push it in with your whole arm not your fingers..I let the whole needle go after its in..try it ..it will swing in the direction of the grain of the muscle and its easier to inject the oil..dont know how safe this is though..its a little weird the first time because it swings left in my left leg and right in the other..but i always do it now..also if you are sitting down in good light you can look close and see the veins so as not to hit em..hope this helps

Jbone what size pin do you use ? You ever used 1.5" 21G ?? If so, you think it makes much difference usng this size compared to say, a 1" 25G ???

Thanks for the info so far everyone

Thread Information