Thread: what is vitex?

xman is offline Junior Member

what is vitex?

What does everyone else think of longer cycles with shorter breaks? How long and how short? I generally will lose everything in 2 months. It doesn't matter if my cycle was 8 or 12wks. How long can you do long on short off before you do permanent damage? What about 6wks on 4wks off for someone like me with low test levels? One last thing, If I do go on hormone replacement therapy, does that mean I would have to stop cycling completely?

you post does not match its title.. or it does not make sense>>

androplex is offline Donating Member
    I dont know shit about vitex bro but if you are doing HRT from what I searched on the open internet it says NOT to do Vitex with HRT. See below. I have no experience with it just dont want you to hurt yourself. Maybe others on the board can offer more info.

Safety*:
    Side effects are rare but mild gastrointestinal upset and skin rashes have been reported. Vitex should not be taken during pregnancy or with hormone therapy. Active Constituent*:
    The entire extract is considered medicinally active, which implies a cooperative set of components in the fruit.
    General Information*:
    Vitex, also commonly called Monk's Pepper, acts as a stimulate for the pituitary gland to produce more progesterone and less prolactin. It does not contain hormones, but only stimulates the pituitary gland.
    Many women with menstrual cycle irregularities do not produce enough progesterone during the second phase of their menstrual cycle (luteal phase). This means that estrogen, the dominant female hormone in the first phase, continues to dominate in the second phase leading to a number of menstrual cycle abnormalities. It is also frequently found that in women with these problems they have a high concentration of prolactin. High levels of prolactin in latter phases of the menstrual cycle lead to breast tenderness, and is associated with infertility.

Vitex is a native of the Mediterranean and Asia, with dark brown to black fruit the size of a peppercorn. The fruit has a pepper like aroma and is the part used for medicinal preparations today.

Vitex should not be taken during pregnancy or with hormone therapy Vitex should not be taken during pregnancy or with hormone therapy Vitex should not be taken during pregnancy or with hormone therapy

PunkRawk is offline Member
    vitex is a herb called chasteberry....it is a good thing to have to block progesterone....
    Last edited by PunkRawk; 04-02-2002 at 06:05 PM.

PunkRawk is offline Member
    or otherwise known as Vitex agnus castus

neuf80 is offline New Member
    Are you looking to take vitex and do hormone replacement therapy? Your posts seems to have left many of us a bit confused as to what you are trying to do. I would also concur that it would not be a good idea to take vitex while doing HRT. Vitex will change your hormones a bit. It does take a few months to really become effective, so I will warn you not to discontinue just because it doesn't help after 2-3 weeks or something. But I would look into it more and see if it will help you with your goal. And don't consider it while doing HRT.

jrmy is offline Junior Member
    so vitex increases progresterone or what?im confused,im really looking to reduce my prolactin but not at that expense.i might have to buy bromocriptine online if thats the case...sorry to hijack the thread i should start one.lol

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    this thread is about 100 years old

jrmy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigman roid View Post
    this thread is about 100 years old
    this is a forum,shouldnt matter how old the thread is,especially on a topic that barely has any threads to begin with.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    It doesnt matter how old the thread is, no one said it did, i do doubt however the person who originally posted the question would still be waiting for a answer 7 years later do you?

Thread Information