LeonPhelps is offline New Member

Dislocating shoulder, anyone experience this before???

Hey I was wondering if anyone has dislocated there shoulder before? I am thinking about having surgery done on mine. I'm not sure if I should get the open or scope surgery done. I have poped it out over 10 times so the open surgery would be better but theres a big chance that I will lose alot of my range of motion. I have heard that the scope surgery is almost as good but I am not sure. Can anyone help me out?

Anyone???

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    yup thats me... I dislocated it once boxing in Korea, and its been screwey ever since... It dosent pop out anymore ( like not for 10 years ) but from carrying 200lb ruck sacks and having the straps digging into my shoulder I developed bursitus... ( no fluid in the sack, or less than normal ) generally it feels great when I am on any juice at all ( prolly not winstrol ) I just stretch and roll it alot and warm it up really good before during and after training any upper body part...

they wanted to scope me, but I didnt like the sound of loosing range of motion if it came to surgery... in the end I am glad I told them to leave it the **** alone... doctors could fu ck up a wet dream... and I dont trust em...

if you opt to avoid surgery... ICE ICE baby... forzen bags of corn or peas... heat is not the answer, trust me on this... try your best to strengthen the muscles jupporting that joint like I did... if you are doing a pressing excercise and it hurts or makes a crunchy popping noise try rotating your hand in a different dirrection and it will go away 90% of the time... with my right palm facing me i can lift my right arm up with no noise... if i do it palm out it sounds like someone stepped on a bag of doritos... but because the muscles are strong they seem to buffer the wear and tear on the joint...

when I get to like 50 or 60 I will prolly need to do alot of decca to keep it working...

Yeah I dislocated mine in a amature boxing fight as well. It was bad they hard to stop the fight and I have to go to emerge to get it put back in.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Haven't done it myself...but I dislocated 2 other people's shoulders...siht hurts!

Uconish is offline Member
    I had mine dislocated in Sept of 2004. I was doin incline presses and lost control of the weight. The weight pushed my right arm back so far that it torn some cartilage and dislocated the joint. I saw two different doctors. One told me that I should have surgury done right away to secure the joint in place. The other doctor said that he would be able to fix it without surgury, using his chiropractic skills. I saw the second doctor 3 times a week for almost three months. During that time I wasnt allowed to work out, which really sucked, but he did bring my shoulder to nearly 100%. Of course it wont ever be the same as before, but my range of motion is about 85%. For my activity level thats pretty good.

I havent done any juice since my surgury but i have been working out since Jan. Thank god for Deca . Im gonna do a cycle in 5 weeks from today. My shoulder feels good. I take glucosimine everyday since my injury, and i just train alot smarter now. Before i would pound out the wegihts thinking i was doing my body justice. Be smart bro. Dont push it to far.

As for surgury, its totally your judgement call. I say not. Im really starting to beleive in this healing without medice. If your ligaments and tendons are in tact then your body should be able to heal its self. Its just a matter of time. Believe me bro i feel your pain.

Yeah it kills when it actually out, way worse then breaking a bone.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Dislocated mine 2 times in football but nothing damaged permenatly! As far as having it scoped defiantly do. I had my knee scoped twice and the scope is alot eaier to recover from trust me!!!!

Marcus201 is offline New Member
    I dislocated my shoulder about 15 times. I tried rehab several times but it didnt work. I finally went to have it scoped. During surgery the Doc scoped it and found that is was so bad he had to open me up and insert 6 screws and reshape my socket. If your shoulder has dislocated 10 times the same thing probally happened to you, every time it goes out of place it misshapes the socket. It was about 12 weeks of rehab before I started to feel better. I started a Deca cycle after rehab and it helped alot. I have never had a problem scince and I havent lost any range of motion.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Dislocated my left shoulder in high school and tore about 80% of my posterior deltoid. Pushed through it, never got any kind of surgery. It still feels funny and looks smaller in pictures.

There has to be more guys on here that have had shoulder surgery.

whitehulk is offline Banned
    bro ive dislocated mine like 6 times. dr said surgey or just put it in a sling for 4 weeks and dont move it at all. so the fibers will mend themselves. and it worked great my shoulder is 100% now and this all happened on the past year. shoulder surgery is alpy diff from knee surgery. i had 2 friends have their shoulders done and they had their arms in a sling for 6 mounths and then rehab for another 4 months just to get range of motion back. my opinion. just dont use it for 3-4 weeks sp itll heal itself and youll be fine. i highly recommend NO to surgery.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    When i tore my ACL i did the begining of my rehab in a center for people who just had major surgery, shoulders, knees, back, whatever. from my understanding if you agrea to surgery be prepared to take a year off of any phisicall (sp?) activity.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dislocated my shoulder years ago in a kid scuffle..Regret it so much,Ive popped it back out twenty times since mostly when Iam scuffling, it's bad new when you lose your power hand in the middle of a fight...Ive talked to many old time boxers and bodybuilders and they all agree don't get surgery untill it's the only option...As for me Ive trained my left arm so it's now my power hand and will not get surgery untill my arm is popping out in my sleep...

Yeah but it makes it hard to push yourself in the gym. Like I can't give it my all cause it feels like it's about to come out. I can still push hard but only about 85% of what I can really lift. I'm pretty sure I can still build muscle like this tho.

iwant2bebigdog is offline New Member
    hey i first dislocated mine about 7 years ago and had to get in but into place cause of fighting then everyfight after that i dislocated it so i had surgey done the put pina and screw in there about 4 years ago and it has been ok i have no problem lifting but i have had it pop out backwards a couple times after that pretty weird proly cause i never follwed threw with rehab and i was supposed to

Anyone else dislocate their shoulder before?

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Played football for seven year in that span, dislocated my shoulder 3 time, broke several fingers, broke my nose, ankle sprains, and jammed vertebrae's in my neck. Dislocated shoulders hurt, but nothing in my life compared to jammed vertebrae's in my neck. If anyone knows what a stinger is, jammed vertebrae's is like that but it does that constantlly. Worst F-ing pain I have ever experienced. By the way I was
    hell on the field, middle linebacker.

King David is offline Junior Member
    yeah my friend just had surgery done. he dislocated 2 years ago and kept putting it off go ahead and do it.....they installed anchors in his shoulder so far so good....

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG
    As for me Ive trained my left arm so it's now my power hand and will not get surgery untill my arm is popping out in my sleep...
    that is funny that you say that, because I have dislocated my shoulder in my sleep. Twice, and it is not a nice way to wake up.
    I have done mine about 12 times, and not once in the last 3 years(knock on wood).all the doctors recommended surgery for it. I just did lots of shoulder exercise and built it back up very slowly. I take a lot of glucoseamine and it seems to take care of the popping sound. As long as I dont do any behind the neck exercises I dont seem to feel any discomfort.
    like said above, I would hold off on surgery untill you have no choice.
    good luck bro

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    that is funny that you say that, because I have dislocated my shoulder in my sleep. Twice, and it is not a nice way to wake up.
    I have done mine about 12 times, and not once in the last 3 years(knock on wood).all the doctors recommended surgery for it. I just did lots of shoulder exercise and built it back up very slowly. I take a lot of glucoseamine and it seems to take care of the popping sound. As long as I dont do any behind the neck exercises I dont seem to feel any discomfort.
    like said above, I would hold off on surgery untill you have no choice.
    good luck bro
    I knew somebody who that happened too 10 times before he finally got sugery ,he was going through hell...Good Luck with that bro...

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonPhelps
    Hey I was wondering if anyone has dislocated there shoulder before? I am thinking about having surgery done on mine. I'm not sure if I should get the open or scope surgery done. I have poped it out over 10 times so the open surgery would be better but theres a big chance that I will lose alot of my range of motion. I have heard that the scope surgery is almost as good but I am not sure. Can anyone help me out?
    yea that **** hurts.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    it's realy is good to know that so many other people have ****ed up joints. i get realy frustrated sometimes when i know i can't do something because of it. i just hate not hate complete control over something in my body.

Thread Information