Thread: Clen & Benadryl

Daddy Yankee is offline New Member

Clen & Benadryl

Hey, I have been reading up on the forum for the past few weeks and have just started my first cycle of clen at 60mcg per day. I know the rule about the 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on but I am worried about my fat coming back during the 2 weeks. I'm not really sure but I was searching and came up that I would be able to use clen for 6 weeks as long as I use Benadryl, is this correct?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    2 weeks of clen
    1 week of clen + Benadryl
    Repeat 2x(for a total of 6 weeks)
    Then take a week totally off, or just continue on repeating the pattern.

question about ephedra...
    http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...ead.php?t=5399
    http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...light=benadryl

Does it have to have to be a specific brand of benadryl?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Yankee
    Does it have to have to be a specific brand of benadryl?
    Benadryl IS the brand name.............

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Benadryl will not completely refresh your receptors. It acts on only one of two types affected by clen . It helps some, but its better to alternate ECA with clen in two week intervals . . . unless you can get ketotifen.

c5529 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    2 weeks of clen
    1 week of clen + Benadryl
    Repeat 2x(for a total of 6 weeks)
    Then take a week totally off, or just continue on repeating the pattern.

question about ephedra...
    http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...ead.php?t=5399
    http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...light=benadryl
    Thanks Bro, this is very helpful...sorry to highjack the thread, but how would you suggest cycling T3 into the clen/benadryl cycle you highlighted?

Quote Originally Posted by c5529
    Thanks Bro, this is very helpful...sorry to highjack the thread, but how would you suggest cycling T3 into the clen/benadryl cycle you highlighted?
    I can't really give advice on that bro.. but do some searches on posts by Hooker, and Mallet.... that should help you out...........

c5529 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I can't really give advice on that bro.. but do some searches on posts by Hooker, and Mallet.... that should help you out...........
    I've read lots from Hooker and I'll look for some from Mallet...Thanks a lot -- much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by c5529
    I've read lots from Hooker and I'll look for some from Mallet...Thanks a lot -- much appreciated.
    Sure thing.. Mallet has ALOT of posts and thread about T3 etc.... just do a search, lots to read....

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    Benadryl will not completely refresh your receptors. It acts on only one of two types affected by clen. It helps some, but its better to alternate ECA with clen in two week intervals . . . unless you can get ketotifen.
    Completely wrong.

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Completely wrong.
    Do you mind elaborating why Hooker? Just for an educational purpose. Thanks man!

yuri76 is offline New Member
    benedryl did not work for me

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Do you mind elaborating why Hooker? Just for an educational purpose. Thanks man!
    Clenbuterol is a selective beta-2 agonist (because it works on the beta-2-andrenergic-receptors), right? The thing is, Clenbuterol is selective...like hitting a tack (the tack being your beta-2 receptors)with a small hammer (the hammer being the Clen )...it hits the beta-2 receptors selectively, and has very little, if any carry-over effects on the other receptors.

Ephedrine is like a sledge-hammer, it hits the beta-2's and everything around them. Thats because it's not selective, but rather it stimulates other receptors to a great degree as well.

Anyway, one of those receptors that ephedrine hits is the Beta-2 (yeah...the same one as Clen). As you can see from the graph (ephedrine is the solid circles), it reduced Beta-2-AndrenergicReceptor (what we call, in laymens terms, the "Beta-2 receptor") levels to 32% of the control level after 24 hours. Read this again:

Ephedrine, in this study, reduces Beta-2 receptor levels to 32% of control after 24 hours.

(see the solid circles in this graph represent ephedrine)

Reference:

ASPET Journals, Vol. 58, Issue 2, 421-430, August 2000

Kinetic Analysis of Agonist-Induced Down-Regulation of the 2-Adrenergic Receptor in BEAS-2B Cells Reveals High- and Low-Affinity Components
    Bruce R. Williams, Roger Barber, and Richard B. Clark

Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas

Granted, it's not perfect, it's not in vivo, etc...but there's no denying that ephedrine will downregulate beta-2 receptors....ergo you will not be able to use it on the weeks inbetween your clen to upgrade your receptors.

Now onto Benadryl:

Benadryl is sold as an anti-histimine in the United States, and/or a sleep aid elsewhere in the world. However, Beta receptors are embedded in the cell's outer phospholipid membrane. The stability of the membrane has a lot to do with the proper function of the receptors. Methylation of the phospholipids is stimulated by the binding of beta agonists to their receptors. Methylated phospholipids are foreign to the body, and when the body recognizes tham as foreign, it breaks them down with phospholipase A2. This changes the structure of the outer membrane which results in desensitizaton of the beta receptors. On the other hand, agents that inhibit phospholipase A2 slow desensitization.

Cationic ampiphylic drugs are known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a cationic ampiphylic drug.

Ergo, Benadryl slows desensitization of Beta receptors (i.e. Upgrades them) by inhibiting phospholipase A2, which is the enzyme that breaks down methylated phospholipids, and this action in turn keeps the phospholipid membrane stable, and thus keeps the receptors functioning properly.

Reference:

Prog Clin Biol Res. 1981;63:383-8.
    Phospholipid methylation: a possible mechanism of signal transduction across biomembranes.
    Hirata F, Tallman JF, Henneberry RC, Mallorga P, Strittmatter WJ, Axelrod J

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Great info as always, bro.

Sorry for the noob questions but would it be ok if I bumped up my dosages to 80mcg or 100mcg per day? On my bottle of clen , it says 20mcg/ml, would I be ok?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Sorry for the noob questions but would it be ok if I bumped up my dosages to 80mcg or 100mcg per day? On my bottle of clen, it says 20mcg/ml, would I be ok?
    people go up to 200mcg/day

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    people go up to 200mcg/day
    So then I should be ok then right? While I was researching, some sites said one of the side effects is sudden death and my friends told me not to use take more than 3cc/60mcg a day. What are your inputs in this?

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    So then I should be ok then right? While I was researching, some sites said one of the side effects is sudden death and my friends told me not to use take more than 3cc/60mcg a day. What are your inputs in this?
    Careful, bro - I experienced sudden death at only 40mcg. Watch yourself.

I too have experienced sudden death from clen ...I was taking 100mcg, though.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Hey I was taking 600mcg/day but im sure it was bunk or I got one hell of a strong Beta 2 receptor

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

funny

Some funny dudes. LOL "I experienced sudden death"

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    As long as you work your way up and access tolerance, many have ventured into the 100mcg-200mcg range. I myself have gone up to 240mcg, but I have a high tolerance to everything.

Is the benadryl really necessay for the 6 week cycle?

Is the benadryl really necessay for the 6 week cycle?
    That or ketotifen.........

ozwingchun is offline New Member
    hi guys
    just wondering if i can use the generic riteaid brand diphenhydramine in place of the benadryl . its the same dosage same amount of tabs but its half the price??

thanks
    ozzy

Thread Information