Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beefkake31 is offline Member

Steroids bigger than Iraq war

I've been watching the news for an hour now and it just hit me. They are treating this as one of thier main concerns if not their primary one. The house is getting ready to interview supposed mothers of victims of steroids and then the next panel will be former and current players like Mcguire and then the last panel will be the executives of the MLB. I swear I feel like they treat steroids bigger than the Iraq war sometimes. I still can't believe they are talking about this the way they are, this is really getting out of hand.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    its freaking ridiculous that the media and Congress have nothing better to work on. Im glad my tax dollars are going to waste on this b/s hearing

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I fear for us all. We need a lobby group to fight for our rights as athletes. Just like the tobacco and firearms industries.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    it will be like this until the next big story breaks.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    its freaking ridiculous that the media and Congress have nothing better to work on. Im glad my tax dollars are going to waste on this b/s hearing
    yeah, i pay 1300 dollars to the **** govt. for federal and get only 319 back!!!! man thats ****ty!

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    they need to find something else than steroids to rant and rave about, what about all the other problems in the world? alcohol, war, etc... they r ANIMALS im telling ya....ANNNNIIIMMMAAALLSSS!!!!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Notice that it all centers around underage users? I hate to say it but I'm all for making it tougher for minors to get their hands on the stuff.....but not for a blanket law that restricts it from grown adults. But that type of logic is lost on the goverment....it'll be just as it is a kneejerk reaction with laws so construded no one will know what's going on.

As long as my doctor can prescribe them too me they can do as they wish.....which you can best believe they'll do.

Dmize9 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah... the parents of victims of steroids ... I had to sit through a news segment last night about a High School football player who commited suicide because of juice... Maybe the parents of this kid should take a good hard look at themselves and wonder why they never noticed thier son was having any problems with depression and what not, before blaiming steroids..... f*ckin rediculous..

BigJohnE is offline Junior Member
    Just like with ephedrine and prohormones...the media and government listening to a tiny, loud, uninformed minority who is telling them exactly what they want to hear. As long as they have something to blame their problems on and attack instead of looking at their own complacency and inferior condition. It sucks...but is totally expected!

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Notice that it all centers around underage users? I hate to say it but I'm all for making it tougher for minors to get their hands on the stuff.....but not for a blanket law that restricts it from grown adults. But that type of logic is lost on the goverment....it'll be just as it is a kneejerk reaction with laws so construded no one will know what's going on.
    This is something that is lost on the gov't. They make AAS ilegal which in turn makes it that much easier for minors to get their hands on them.

Think about it. It is easier for a 14 year old to buy crack than it is for them to buy a case of beer.

Man, now this father is talking about his son who commited suicide and how prior to steroids he never had the symptoms he had after. His conditions were psychosis, delusional, behaviorial problems, depression with bi-polar disorder, and like 5 more things I heard . This is nuts, if you guys have ESPN turn it on right now!

Do they plan on having any medical professionals in these hearings or just all sob stories?

simster1 is offline Associate Member
    Well there is some good news kinda. There has been a crystal meth epidemic and it is moving to the east coast. Maybe the media will move there attention to that. Na prob not aas is much more dangerous then crytal meth. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Do they plan on having any medical professionals in these hearings or just all sob stories?
    No, that is the hilarious part about it. But one of the representatives suggested that they have the president of the FDA come speak later and one other person that I forgot.

They are lashing out to the players like Bonds,Sosa, and Mcguire pretty harshly, this is history in the making. And they're saying this is the closest Republicans and Democrats have been in the last 18 years on a subject.

yea the FDA they know alot. Yep maybe we should all get on that 2000 calorie diet they recomend .

What are they hoping to accomplish here? That is what I have been wondering.

Just a waste of my fuking tax money.

Yea a new bandwagon all jealouse none lifters can get on

A Dr. is now speaking actually, she is saying how it promotes muscle growth and all the stuff we know but then she said that these athletes are using 10-100 times the normal prescribed amount.

Now she is talking about how it affects the areas of the brain ... gotta get back to watching.

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    it is all bull**** - our government is biggest bunch of crooks there are - $2.05 for regular gas while we are controlling a country rich in oil, while Bush is backed/funded by the largest oil companies in the US. Weed/Coke all made illegal cause the US government doesn't control the distribution - the Costra Nostra does, yeah that's right let's see Bush sit down with them and negotatiate terms for the importation of the good green stuff.

Diesel you raised a good pt about a 14 yr old being able to buy crack but can't buy a case of beer, to add to that what about one of the leading causes of deaths in the US - tobacco!!!! but why is that still legal if you are over 18 cause the government regulates and taxes and makes billions per year on it.

this is the no-name congress ppl trying to make a name for themselves and it does nothing but pull more ppl to the dark side...

as for the parents whose son committed suicide - i feel for them, and need to say that his emotional state was probably pre-existing - but we all know that rising test levels increases estrogen levels and without controlling those levels properly and getting our natural axis back as quickly as possible, the pre-existing depression is that much more evident - i have witnessed this first hand with a cpl of my friends during their last few cycles - mainly cause they were not on with there anti's and pct...

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    my favorite part of the interview was when the mlb stheltic trainer director or whatever said there is "a serious lack of studies done on steroids but in his opinion..." this whole testimony is opinion based which is bull****... don;t you need solid facts and research to back up such a contreversial subject!!

bigbagz is offline New Member

Im watching ESPN too and.....

....it's starting to piss me off. Notice they keep refering to teens and keep saying "steroid abuse "? sure taking 500 mg of test e, for example, is over the prescribed amounts, but Im not too sure it'll cause all those psychitric problems (unless you're already having some, or are very sussceptible). I'm not too sure that liver tumors will result form most 'lighter' cycles that are often mentioned on this message board.

oh well, Im glad I live in Canada and at least it's not my tax dollars being blown on this b/s! heheh

Jay-Gunz is offline Associate Member
    These people on cnn just want to feel important. His killed himself because he was a bad parent and did not hug him enough so he needs to blame something....wht not juice? We should form a website fireing back at all this bullsh+t.

devilman208 is offline Associate Member
    here's a list of the panels who are testifing:
    PANEL ONE
    Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.)
    PANEL TWO
    Mr. Ray and Dr. Denise Garibaldi
    Mr. Donald Hooton Sr.
    Dr. Nora D. Volkow
    Dr. Gary I. Wadler
    Dr. Kirk Brower
    Dr. Eliot J. Pellman
    PANEL THREE
    Jose Canseco
    Mark McGwire
    Rafael Palmeiro
    Curt Schilling
    Sammy Sosa
    Frank Thomas
    PANEL FOUR
    Bud Selig
    Donald Fehr
    Sandy Alderson
    Kevin Towers

Quote Originally Posted by bigbagz
    . "steroid abuse"

According to Dr. Pellman.....it is a disease...LOL

bigbagz is offline New Member

Check this out......

.....just out of curiosity, i looked at the site the guys father founded taylorhooton.org, check out this testimonial.........and some of the other's on this site. http://www.taylorhooton.org/mattalavi.asp

Wow some Dr just said that since they have given some lab animals steroids and they were more aggressive that its possible that all of the altercations with players running into the stand attacking fans could be a result of steroids. This makes me sick. Of course if you give steroids to an animal it is going to be more aggressive, THEY ARE F*CKING ANIMALS. Well im not a f*cking animal. I'm a human being capable of telling the difference of right and wrong. They make it sound like as soon as somebody shoots up the first thing they do is go beat up the first person that looks at you the wrong way.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    I could ****ing puke... really... my alchoholic drug addict son killed himself with a handgun he found unlocked in the house because he was depressed about steroids ... LOL....

Hey pop, whatever makes you feel less guilty about being a lazy father... I cant beleive these people can keep a straight face when they try to say this ****...

every pro wrestler, every body builder, most of the NFL, half of baseball, hockey and basketball probably... 75% of young male action stars, 1/2 of the olympics... are these people ****ing retarded to just be figguring this **** out...

all I know is i am going to go to www.danbrooks2k's-last-juice-on-earth.com and stock up on some gear before its all gone, and i suggest you all do the same.... LOL... lil' joke there... hee hee...

seriously, If congress gets a bug up thier behind, I am certainly going to be ready to get as much powder as I can afford before they tighten the noose... I hope mexico stays un-****ed with ....

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    bro's before long steroid availablity is going to become scarce and also cops are going to start cracking down on it........... what will we do, as i havent even started yet?

absolutebob is offline Associate Member

Question

What a crock of Sh*t. This all sucks. There has to be something we can all do.

devilman208 is offline Associate Member
    http://www.taylorhooton.org/guestbook.asp go here and sign the guestbook. Tell them what you really think!
    Last edited by devilman208; 03-17-2005 at 01:30 PM. Reason: (sic)

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilman208
    http://www.taylorhooton.org/guestbook.asp go here and sign the guestbook. Tell them what you really think!
    we should post that link in every roid boards!!!

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    Meanwhile congress is passing the 06 budget with all kinds of money for halliburton in there

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    http://www.taylorhooton.org/guestbook.asp

bump.... tell the parents to take some responsibility for thier sons death.

steroids didnt kill him, he died because he hung himself, that has nothing to do with steroids.

AnabolBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut

As long as my doctor can prescribe them too me they can do as they wish.....which you can best believe they'll do.
    You like George Micheal!!!!!I cant believe you openly admit that.rofl!!!!

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    Damm, just posted all this, and didnt work, so I'll just post it here fer ****s n giggles

I would like to start off by sayin that I am very sorry for your loss. This is a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through. I wish you the best, and my prayers will be with you. I would like to add, however, that I dont think steroids would have had much to do with this unfortunate incident. Steroids are something that everyone I come across thinks they have some insight as to the negative effects. When I hear what they believe to be true, I am amazed. I talk to literally thousands of fellow steroid users via online message boards, and personally, and never ever hear of anything that co-incides with the tales portrayed in the media today. Many people have told me to stop, and how terrible they are for my body, but when I ask them to name a sigle anabolic hormone, they are clueless. A responsible steroid user will have knowledge of steroids from effect both positive and negative(which I assure you are very misunderstood by non-users to say the least), to molecular structure. Yet when the non-user tells a tall tale of the neighbor that died of a heartattack "because of roids", everyone wants to believe the non-user knows for a fact that he died from steroids. When I hear this same story, I automatically assume it is more probable that it was another factor, such as say...diet, family history of heart disease, etc. Roid rage is another popular one. I used to lose my temper all the time before I used, and nobody thought twice about it, everyone is irratable once in a while. As soon as I admitted to my closer friends that I use them, when I lose my temper, it suddenly becomes the infamous "roid rage"! Same goes for depression and suicidal tendencies,more misbeliefs. Fact of the matter is, I have never felt so good about myself as I do on a cycle. That goes along with one of the REAL sideffects, sense of well being! Not too many peole know about that one. I am very depression proned, and with manic-depression being a genetic factor, and have never had, nor heard of steroid induced depression/suicide outside the media. Infact quite the contrary. I do, however, strongly feel, as do ALL other responsible steroid users that minors should never consider touching them. Nor would I ever try to talk someone into taking them. I am simply speaking out for my fellow responsible users that we get a very bad reputation from stories like these, and it is completely unrealistic. When media puts a spin on them, it pushes stricter laws on me, a drug free, law abiding citizen, and takes the focus of the REAL dangerous drugs such as cocaine, crystal meth., even alcohol...drugs that CAN actually have an effect on decision making. Fact of the matter is, as an educated user, steroids do absolutely positively NO harm to others, and no more than birth control to its users. Hopefully people will take an educated view into consideration. Again, I am very sorry for your loss, and I wish you and your family the best!

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilman208
    here's a list of the panels who are testifing:
    PANEL ONE
    Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.)
    PANEL TWO
    Mr. Ray and Dr. Denise Garibaldi
    Mr. Donald Hooton Sr.
    Dr. Nora D. Volkow
    Dr. Gary I. Wadler
    Dr. Kirk Brower
    Dr. Eliot J. Pellman
    PANEL THREE
    Jose Canseco
    Mark McGwire
    Rafael Palmeiro
    Curt Schilling
    Sammy Sosa
    Frank Thomas
    PANEL FOUR
    Bud Selig
    Donald Fehr
    Sandy Alderson
    Kevin Towers
    hope this guy floats up on some shore somewhere

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MILPOLDAN1
    hope this guy floats up on some shore somewhere
    Riight

I'ts a shouting match now between the executives and the house still going strong after 12 hours.

Someone should tell them about steroid .com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information