Thread: Vials v/s Amps

agator is offline New Member

Vials v/s Amps

Just picked up my test e the other day, 12 amps. My last cycle was in vials, this is the first time I have picked up amps. Quick question, whats the best way to open em? I know they have amp openers, can you open em without one? Just being causious, dont want to see my gear go down the drain when I shatter the amp!!

I usually just snap them off I personally hate them. I'd rather use vials.

k@m NYC is offline Associate Member
    take a metal file.. like the one ur mom uses.. file it around the colored band thats around the neck and snap it off.. file just a little, enough to grab the groove with ur fingernail.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    I like to take the amp in the palm of my hand, bend my fingers over it with it sticking between them like a 5th knukle... then I rear back as hard as I can and wham! dril that fu cker right into the injection site...

its a tad painfull the first few times but it saves on not buying needles...

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    It is easy to snap the top off if you use the cap from a bic pen. FWIW I don't score the necks... just snap the top off. Knock on wood... no mishaps so far.

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    i hold the amp in my hand with my thumb on the side of the neck where its tappered and snap it like i would if i were snaping a pencil....hard to explain but just make sure u put more pressure on pushing forward on the top rather then squeezing the amp and crushing your gear

zuke is offline Member
    i don't score them. mine have a white dot on the neck. i put my thumb on the side away from the dot and use my other thumb to push the top of the amp away from the white dot. just make sure that all of the gear is out of the top of the amp. the first few times i used amps i was dumb and lost some of the gear.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    It is easy to snap the top off if you use the cap from a bic pen. FWIW I don't score the necks... just snap the top off. Knock on wood... no mishaps so far.
    wat the baron said

UK CHRIS is offline Associate Member
    Amps are all made with a "break" line so just snap it where the line is, you wont shatter an amp.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    I prefer vials to amps. Just a personell preference though.

agator is offline New Member
    Thanks for the advise, just wanted some info before I ended up wasting my gear. Has anyone had one shatter on em??

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcut77
    I prefer vials to amps. Just a personell preference though.
    Same here... more flexibility in dosing. Also the total packaging costs for say 10ml of juice is probably lower with a single vial rather than 10 ampules. Homebrewers can re-use vials, too.

OTOH an alcohol wipe, an amp, a rig, and an extra pin for the injection make a nice, simple, totally disposable kit for when you are away from home for a few days and will need a shot. Amps are (slightly) harder to counterfeit, too.

Thread Information