beastrg is offline Junior Member

after pct...a break??

Once u have finished 3 weeks of pct do u think it is a good idea to take a week or 2 off the gym??? or will this just mean u will loose some gains??

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Only way I think its a good idea to take a week or so off is if you have been lifting hard for about 6 months or so. Give your body a week to fully recover and then go at it again. I usually take a week off every 5-6 months of lifting just to recover fully.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't take that long off. Maybe a day or two. I eat even more than when I was on cycle and go lift lower intensity but more reps for 3-4 weeks.

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    you would have to kill me to get me to stop lifting for 2 weeks

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I would keep the gym going at pace until you get normalized to natural training again...stick to compound movements, relatively low volume. When you're stable again and your gains seem to be solidified, then maybe take a little time off. Take advantage of your strength for now though IMO.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    yup, i would loose my ****ing mind now that I dont drink, smoke, party or eat junk...

no I need the gym, like a serial killer needs victims...

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    i would keep training intense atleast for a month after PCT to keep gains....then think about taking my week off.. JMO.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beastrg
    Once u have finished 3 weeks of pct do u think it is a good idea to take a week or 2 off the gym??? or will this just mean u will loose some gains??
    Good idea???? No terrible idea... a lay off after PCT will accellerate lost gains.

The way to down-train but maintain gains would be drop the # of sets to 2.... do your warm up set, then go straight towards your max weights for next set, then move on. This lays off the joints and tendons but maintains your strength levels. Also doing fewer sets but maintaining the heavyness of the weights you lift is actually "a" training method that can minimize your chance of overtraining and also the theary is, you dont damage or injur your muscle as much but the heavyness of the weights signal growth, so you can grow without having to heal up damage caused. I actually just switched to this method trying to avoid tendenitus in an elbow but I noticed some increased growth and weight gain over the last 2 weeks at a better pace then compared to my old 4 set method I was doing before.

beastrg is offline Junior Member
    thanks guys...i totally agree, and dont think i could lay off gym for even a week!! Was just wanting to see what u guys thought

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Good idea???? No terrible idea... a lay off after PCT will accellerate lost gains.

The way to down-train but maintain gains would be drop the # of sets to 2.... do your warm up set, then go straight towards your max weights for next set, then move on. This lays off the joints and tendons but maintains your strength levels. Also doing fewer sets but maintaining the heavyness of the weights you lift is actually "a" training method that can minimize your chance of overtraining and also the theary is, you dont damage or injur your muscle as much but the heavyness of the weights signal growth, so you can grow without having to heal up damage caused. I actually just switched to this method trying to avoid tendenitus in an elbow but I noticed some increased growth and weight gain over the last 2 weeks at a better pace then compared to my old 4 set method I was doing before.
    That sounds interesting I think I might try that myself.

Thread Information