Nworb is offline Associate Member

Liver and drinkin

I know that this is sorta the wrong forum for this, but i don't know which one is. What can I tell my friends is a reason that I cant drink. Example what conditions can I say my liver has that doctor said shouldn't drink for a few months. Anyone know of any liver conditions where you should stop drinking for a while?

--Nworb

Why can't you just tell you friends you don't want to drink?

I just figure it will be easier if I have an excuse then they won't say, "come on, just have 1 brew" cause 1 turns into 8 which turns into 12 then who knows. It is just easier this way I think. It is sorta a cop out, but who cares.
    --Nworb

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    if it was cause ur juicen i would just tell them u are on it cause they will find out anyway. if u just dont wanna drink then be the driver when u go out, so then u have an excuse

You could tell them you have Jaundice(sp?)

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Tell them your liver values are high and the doctor said you cant drink until your blood work somes back, then say you have to get more tests done. I understand where you are coming from bro.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    if your training enough and eating enough, you should just be able to stand there and not have to say or do **** that you dont feel like doing....

like this
    why anit you drinking dude? none of your ****ing buisness you ****ing dishrag! now get outta my face before I slap the lips offa you ya goofy bastard!

not like this
    Gee fellas' um my doctor said i really shoudnt, I could suffer damage to my... blah balah blah... whah whah...yadda yadda yaddda...

grow a sack ya pussy... peer pressure only works of spinless punks... be your own man!

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    why anit you drinking dude? none of your ****ing buisness you ****ing dishrag! now get outta my face before I slap the lips offa you ya goofy bastard!
    I've tried that approach...where did all my friends go?
    Nah I just say the same thing, just a little more polite considering I want to keep my friends around.

oh yeah, well polite is one strategy I suppose...

so jandice an others?

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    You could tell them that you are on doctor prescribed meds for which alcohol is contraindicated. For instance, you could say that your dentist put you on anitbiotics for a slight case of gum disease or something very simple like that. It's best not to drink on to top of certain antibiotics. If you do, you'll get sick, experiencing diarrhea and the like.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    YOu can say you've been on accutane (acne med) which is known to stress the liver, and your doctor advised you against drinking.

Try that and my friends won't shut you and keep begging you to drink. If you said your liver was dying they would still try to get you to drink. As the owner of Tornell you must be rich and not have this problem, but us normals do.

if your training enough and eating enough, you should just be able to stand there and not have to say or do **** that you dont feel like doing....

like this

not like this
    Gee fellas' um my doctor said i really shoudnt, I could suffer damage to my... blah balah blah... whah whah...yadda yadda yaddda...

grow a sack ya pussy... peer pressure only works of spinless punks... be your own man!

SINCE73 is offline Junior Member
    I am a recovering alcoholic & it was tough for me to tell my friends that I wasn't going to drink.
    Everything we do is associated w/ alcohol & for most people, that's fine.
    However, you now have a bigger fish to fry & it's going to take alot of dedication to make it work.
    Gear is just a small part of the equation.
    Tell you friends you are just going take a break from drinking so you can get in the shape you've always wanted to be in.
    Hell, we all know we can slam beers for days on in but, can you've decided to stay alcohol free (for a large extent) & get ripped.
    You'll be amazed at how this affects your buddies.
    I have a group of friends that come weekend time, it's time to get hammered as hell.
    Part of that group now works out w/ me & doesn't drink like that anymore.
    The other half still does but realizes they can't stop drinking.
    You're making a lifestyle change & you'll gain more than you'll loss.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Nworb
    I know that this is sorta the wrong forum for this, but i don't know which one is. What can I tell my friends is a reason that I cant drink. Example what conditions can I say my liver has that doctor said shouldn't drink for a few months. Anyone know of any liver conditions where you should stop drinking for a while?

--Nworb
    simple, if your in school, tell them you have to study for an exam the next day

if you have a job, tell them you have to get up early and have to hit the sac

couldnt be easyer
    Last edited by Rob; 03-19-2005 at 11:31 AM.

RideR1 is offline Junior Member
    I say tell them you took accutane when you were younger. Which is somewhat liver toxic.. and when you saw your doc he said you hade elevated billirubin as well as transamanase and phosphatase ( liver enzymes)....therefore you must be strict on your alcohol use until the levels come back down... you say these enzymes with some confidence you will be sure to sound serious.

cheesy boy is offline Junior Member
    why dont you take some milk thistle and stop acting like a straight fag boy

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy boy
    why dont you take some milk thistle and stop acting like a straight fag boy
    Here we go.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    why dont you just drink. hell im on 1250mgs of test, 900mgs of deca , 50mgs of d-bol and 100mgs a day of fina and that sure the hell isnt going to stop me from going out and drinking with my boys on saterday nights. just take some milk thristle

dam right pietro lets large it tonight

**** yeah just get ripped, loaded and fall down drunk...

either you have self control or you dont... if you need to think up an excuse to tell your boys... well dude... I dont know what to tell you...

I wouldnt be caught dead hanging around people that couldnt just take a simple no for an answer...

If you think milk thistle is going to make it ok to get drunk while using steroids , then hey knock a few back for me.

I can tell you from experience and hard lessons, either you take care of your body or you dont... there is no in between... It will catch up with you and it wont be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    As the owner of Tornell you must be rich and not have this problem, but us normals do.
    LMAO!!!

Scra is offline New Member
    How bad is it really to mix drinks with roids?? I mean if you were on a reasonably light cycle could you not have a few beers once or twice a week, or would that be extremely foolish??

I'm new to this scene, hence my innocence/curiosity, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scra
    How bad is it really to mix drinks with roids?? I mean if you were on a reasonably light cycle could you not have a few beers once or twice a week, or would that be extremely foolish??

I'm new to this scene, hence my innocence/curiosity, lol.
    How bad is it? All depends on what you are taking. If you are taking 17aa orals, it;s probably not a wise idea to srink that much. But once in a while will probably do no harm. But I think it's best to be dedicated to the gym and eating healthy on cycle. WHen you are off, then go and party.

Anyone that thinks Milk Thistle is going to protect their liver from pharmaceutical strength steroids and alcohol is terribly mistaking.

well its harder on your liver than not having a few beers... thats hard enough for me... the beer isnt going to get me laid, but the muscles will...

Not drinking gives you so many advantages over drunks when it comes to getting laid...

I throw a girl the signal, and have her in my car and on the other side of the beach before her boyfriend is done taking the beer funnel out of his mouth...

being surrounded by guys yelling " CHUG " while you are laying on the ground with a hose in your mouth.... that dosent seem a little weird to anybody else?

Thats a good environment to bully people smaller than yourself... if thats what your into... DRINKING and STEROIDS do not mix... on so many levels...

but thats just another useless oppinion....

so its not good to drink but its cool to be a slinky bird theif being sober and slinking off with peoples birds .having a drink isnt so bad inmoderation and a white spirt with crandberry is a clean drink
    Last edited by cheesy boy; 03-19-2005 at 02:13 PM.

Timetraviler is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    if it was cause ur juicen i would just tell them u are on it cause they will find out anyway. if u just dont wanna drink then be the driver when u go out, so then u have an excuse
    GOOD THINKING

why is dan brooks looking at his knob on his picture has he got a dose of some ones bird ?

SINCE73 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy boy
    so its not good to drink but its cool to be a slinky bird theif being sober and slinking off with peoples birds .halfing a drink isnt so bad inmoderation and a white spirt with crandberry is a clean drink
    I've read this 8 times & still don't know what the hell I just read.

read what dan brooks said then u will

Ive got me' cockney ung up on a set o' rounders, and It gave me a bit of a chub... care for a shoe shine gov'na???

Quote Originally Posted by SINCE73
    I've read this 8 times & still don't know what the hell I just read.
    It's ghetto. He is saying that Dan lays back and waits for guys to get drunk so he can steal their girl. I say there is nothing wrong with that.

PT
    **** yeah just get ripped, loaded and fall down drunk...

either you have self control or you dont... if you need to think up an excuse to tell your boys... well dude... I dont know what to tell you...

I wouldnt be caught dead hanging around people that couldnt just take a simple no for an answer...

If you think milk thistle is going to make it ok to get drunk while using steroids , then hey knock a few back for me.

I can tell you from experience and hard lessons, either you take care of your body or you dont... there is no in between... It will catch up with you and it wont be pretty.
    your talking from experiance, i doubt that. i not going to sit at home on a friday night by myself playing playstation because im so into lifting that i cant put something thats bad for me into my body. oh wait, arnt steroids bad for you? im 5'11" 240lbs 8%bf and in perfect condition even though i go out drinking every saterday. i love lifting but im not going to let lifting live my life. i think people like that are pathetic dorks. im not going to tell my girlfriend that i cant have a glass of wine with dinner because someone on ar told me its not good for me.

good lad pietro

Tags is offline Associate Member
    I agree with everything dan2k has said... I'm the same way...

I am talking from experience, I wish i could have back every night I wasted hanging out with a drink in my hand. People are sure getting all defensive about me simply stating an oppinion. If Drinking works for you, then go out and drink, I could care less what you do.

I have had plenty of nights out drinking and when I think about that time now, I just regret it. I wish I had been doing something more constructive with my time than being drunk and having meaningless conversations in the company of other drunk people.

I dont care who drinks and who dosent, i really dont... but if you chose not to then you shouldnt have to make up some BS excuse... just say " Im not Drinking tonight" or " I dont drink "

and pietro, I can absolutley promise you that I am speaking from experience and I take my own advice. I am not judging you, or anyone else... but having to make up a lie to get out of participating in an unhealthy activity... is kinda stupid.

Sorry mate, didnt mean to offend you.

PT
    everyone is different and entitled to there opinion. personally i cant imagine being so into lifting that you cant drink a beer. i have friends that compete at a national level who still go out and drink rum and diet coke. i seriously couldnt imagine not having a social life. if all i lived for was lifting then id cosider my life worthless. i workout 6 days a week and usually run 24 week cycles. i eat healthy as much as i can but if i go out to dinner with my girl your **** right im going to eat whatever i want. and when i go to a club with my friends im not going to say "i cant drink because i work out". hell half that club works out. theres usually half the steelers football team in there drinking and those are true athletes.

PT
    i dont make up a lie so i dont have to do something, i do whatever i want whenever i want. i dont go out and black out every night of the week, all im saying is that i cant see anything wrong with going out with my friends or my girl once a week and having a few drinks. i couldnt drink everynight if i wanted to or i wouldnt have a job anymore.

Thread Information