RAM2500 is offline Member

Herniated C5 C6 and Steroid's

2 days ago i got an MRI that showed a Herniated disc in C5 C6, My chiropractor is a Juicer and a semi profesional body builder, he said it was fine to continue my cycle and work out with some modifications to my Routine. This Tuesday i have an appointment with a neurologist and with the advice from my chirpractor I am going to try the epidural steroid injection to regain some or all of the strength in my right arm. Right now the pain is not bad at all,its just a tingleing going down my right arm and a loss of strength in arm and shoulder. I have some apprehension about not giving the neurologist my current cycle. Does my chiropractor's advice sound normal for all of you who may have had a Herniated Disc?

Bump

tman55 is offline Junior Member
    That is hard one to answer not knowing how severe it is. I had C7 fused in '99. Mine ruptured so I had no choice but to have surgery. Sometimes a herniated disk can actually improve with exercise. As far as continuing the cycle with modifications to your routine I would think yes also, but be careful. I remember what that does to your arm strength. I used to drop things all the time because my hand would all of a sudden lose all ability to grasp.

Anyway, the steroid injections never did anything to help me. I hope they help you. Remember the relief they provide is usually only temporary. Good luck.

FYI...I recuperated after surgery and am now stronger than ever before and I do squats and deads with no problems at all. Only thing is I lost about 5% flexibility in my neck. Keep us posted I would like to know how this turns out for you.

Thanks Tman, If it comes to it Im gonna get the epidural steroid injection, it worked great on my wrist.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    trade my l4-5 for your c5-6

i feel you buddy. The only thing that really helped me was time off.

how much time off, and what did you do to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    trade my l4-5 for your c5-6

i feel you buddy. The only thing that really helped me was time off.

Thread Information