Thread: DHEA during PCT

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

DHEA during PCT

Would it be a g ood substance to use during PCT to enhance mood?

I don't know much about it, its a prohormone I think?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Honestly, i find it utterly useless and a waste of money. That's just me though.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I'm just looking for something to boost my mood when I'm done with my cycle.......and st. john doesn't do **** for me..........

gixxer600 is offline Member
    Try tribulus. I've tried it during PCT, and so did my brother. Seems to work well for us and its not all that expensive. Maybe you can throw in some creatine as well to boost your strength up a little.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Definition of DHEA
    Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a steroid hormone made from cholesterol by the adrenal glands.

Description of DHEA
    The adrenal glands are located on top of each kidney. The outer region of the adrenal gland, called the adrenal cortex, secretes corticosteroid hormones that have important effects on the body's metabolism (the process by which foods are transformed into basic elements which can be utilized by the body for energy or growth), on chemicals in the blood and on bodily characteristics such as hair and body shape.

The smaller, inner region of the gland is called the adrenal medulla, and it functions as the body's first line of response and defense against physical and emotional stresses.

DHEA is called the "mother hormone" because it acts as a precursor to other hormones in the body such as estrogen, progesterone, cortisone, androgen and testosterone , to name a few. The fetus manufactures DHEA, which stimulates the placenta to form estrogen, thus keeping a pregnancy going. Production of DHEA stops at birth, then begins again around age seven and peaks when a person is in their mid-20s. From the early 30s on there is a steady decline (about 2 percent each year) until around age 75 and older when the level of DHEA in the body is about 5 percent of peak.

Claims about DHEA

In the 1970s and 1980s, DHEA was being sold as a weight-loss aid. In 1985 the FDA banned over-the-counter sale of DHEA due to unsubstantiated claims and lack of data on safety and effectiveness for weight loss. Today it is back as a "dietary supplement."

DHEA has been touted as an "antidote for aging" and a "superhormone" that can help burn fat, build muscle mass, boost libido, strengthen the immune system, prevent heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis and non-insulin dependent diabetes, ease the effects of menopause, retard memory loss, help in the treatment of lupus, limit burn damage, combat stress and prevent or slow the progression of Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases.

Preliminary Research

There is much interest in the physiology and use of DHEA "replacement" in men and menopausal women. The scientific community and the public await the results of these investigations, but in the meantime, DHEA and/or DHEA-Sulfate (DHEAS) supplementation is not recommended as a therapeutic option in menopause outside of clinical trials.

Research data in the elderly on both hormonal and immunologic effects suggest that DHEA may become a supplemental treatment for lupus patients.

Side Effects

DHEA may have the following side effects:

In women:

Increased growth of body and facial hair

Masculinization

Menstruation stops before age 50

Decreases levels of HDL cholesterol

Increases the risk of heart disease

Increases risk of ovarian cancer

In men:

Possible growth of a prostate tumor

Prostate enlargement

In both sexes:

Development of liver cancer (in mice)

Increases insulin resistance

There you go, decide for yourself if its what your looking for.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    Honestly, i find it utterly useless and a waste of money. That's just me though.
    I agree, spend money on tribulis or tongkat ali although there was some studies that suggest dhea can be converted into testersterone by tongkat ali. Not sure if this means it would help your PCT or further inhibit HTPA recovery. I would think it would be like taking andro during pct and perhaps inhibit natural recovery.

Thread Information