sea-level is offline New Member

Newbie question.

I tried searching and didn't come up with my answer. So here it goes. Here are my stats. I've been doing heavy weight lifting for about 9 months now. I have also lost a lot of weight. I am 244 now, down from 335. I am 5'10. I carry a little more weight in my mid section than the rest of my body. I am bulking up pretty good but I want to do a test/deca cycle or two. Being that I am overweight still and carry some fat on me. Will I be more prone to develop gyno than anyone else? Any suggestions on how I can lose weight AND get big at the same time would be greatly welcomed. My goal weight is about 215 to 205. I'm not looking to be cut up, my genetics won't ever allow that, but I'm ok with that. I do want to get big though. BTW, Awesome site!!!

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board. Congrats on losing all that weight.
    Bro, people will tell you to try to lose the weight before thinking about hitting the gear. That can be done naturally by dieting and cardio. I would recommend looking in the diet forum for tips on diet. Good luck.

Fair enough. I'm just doing my research now. I didn't plan on trying out a cycle until I was close rto my target weight. I just wanted to get a jump start on educating myself on the subject. Is there a particular reason that I should wait? Just curious, knowing is half the battle right...

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Diet and cadio are the most important things here. You seem to be on your way from the progress you have made so far. Don't think your genetics will not let you be ripped, all it takes is dedication and it can happen with anyone. Check out the diet forum for more help.

Quote Originally Posted by sea-level
    Fair enough. I'm just doing my research now. I didn't plan on trying out a cycle until I was close rto my target weight. I just wanted to get a jump start on educating myself on the subject. Is there a particular reason that I should wait? Just curious, knowing is half the battle right...
    yes, with only 9 months of lifting you have not hit your natural limits yet. With proper diet and training you will be suprised at what you can attain without gear. But it is a good idea to start researching now, so that you are well educated in the subject before you start.

Thanks for the advice!! I am still curious about whether or not I would be more prone to gyno because of being over weight or not though. When I do hit the 215 lb area I will still be overweight technically. Thanks again guys!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    the weight wont determine how prone u are to it. train for a year or two more at least until u start imo.

I wouldn't worry about being overweight, but more on how much bf% you have. When you are muscular you can not judge someone being overweight the same. Look at all of the pro bodybuilders, they are all way overweight when they are in contest shape, but they are ripped.

You guys rock!!! Thanks.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-level
    You guys rock!!! Thanks.
    You sound like you've got your priorities straight bro...get to that target weight and keep researching in the mean time..you'll have a head start. Good luck.

Thread Information