Thread: Opening ampules

A_Giant_Bear is offline New Member

Opening ampules

I know that most people who have amps snap the tops off, but I'm not into crushing my gear, getting small pieces of glass in my gear, or possibly cutting the fuk out of my hand. Is there somewhere you can buy an amp opener? Haven't juiced before but it seems like it will be a pain in the ass trying to open them without an opener.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    You can buy and amp opener from getpinz.com. You can also get a small file and file around the neck just to score it then put a cap from a pen over the top and snap it off.

A_Giant_Bear is offline New Member
    Thanks bro, its a big help.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Just get the top of a pin cap. Same thing. Your needle wont let you pull up any broken glass.
    You wont cut your hand on an amp either. Unless you are trying to.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Im tellin ya, a sharpy marker cap works perfect. The size of the hole is just right to slide over the top of the amp. Slide over and simply pop it off.

I usually score the white line with anything sharp to help it a bit...works like a charm.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I use an ampule opener, but it seems like I break about two or three during a cycle. When it works the top snaps off and i draw from the vile below. When something goes wrong the entire ampule breaks into a million pieces and the sust gets all over my fingersand hands and I can't draw anything- total loss. Just wondering if there is a better method. For me, its so tough getting gear at all, it seems like a crime to lose it this way.

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    i gently wrap it in a napkin and pop the top right off in my hand. my gf is a nurse and she showed how they do it. i saw her do it at work with ease i was like what the ****. just be careful only put pressure at the top when snapping it off. very easy. OH or listen to what everyone else has stated too!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine09
    i gently wrap it in a napkin and pop the top right off in my hand. my gf is a nurse and she showed how they do it. i saw her do it at work with ease i was like what the ****. just be careful only put pressure at the top when snapping it off. very easy. OH or listen to what everyone else has stated too!
    How do you hold the bottom when you are doing this?

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    How do you hold the bottom when you are doing this?
    two fingers supporting the ampule i use my left hand for this and two fingers to pop off the top. my gf did with ease. i do it every time never a prob. at least for me. my amp. were all scored. hope this helps

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Giant_Bear
    I know that most people who have amps snap the tops off, but I'm not into crushing my gear, getting small pieces of glass in my gear, or possibly cutting the fuk out of my hand. Is there somewhere you can buy an amp opener? Haven't juiced before but it seems like it will be a pain in the ass trying to open them without an opener.
    use the lid off a bic pen just as good as an amp opener,piece of pi**.

Thread Information