lzicc is offline Senior Member

Amps and amp openers

I have a question for opening amps with an opener. I am using ICN test and when I put the amp opener on it to do the score, I have to slowly add pressure while twisting the amp till I have enough for it to start to score. Sometimes it is hard to find the correct pressure for the opener to start to score. Many times I will put a little too much pressure on and the amp will snap open before I even start to score it. It doesn't shatter though, just the top snaps off. Anyone else have this problem? I think that maybe the amps for ICN's are a little too thin.

Kato is offline Member
    i had the same prob w/ schering's.

i think it just takes practice

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Takes practice. I have to sorta slide one half the opener one way, the other the other way, and apply pressure when i twist.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I have the same experiance, it just snapped before i even started to turn it. Use light hands.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I try to go easy, but sometimes it just snaps. I'm just concerned about glass allthough my draw needle is so small, I doubt it would suck up any glass. It would have to be a pretty minute piece.

Kato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I try to go easy, but sometimes it just snaps. I'm just concerned about glass allthough my draw needle is so small, I doubt it would suck up any glass. It would have to be a pretty minute piece.
    i too also worried about this bro.

i asked Doc M about it and he said no worries bro

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You are using a (relatively) complicated and superfluous gadget that in your hands has shattered amps and presumably wasted gear and possibly put slivers of glass in your gear. I have never had a mishap with my amp opener. It is a bic pen cap! I don't score at all. Just hold the body of the amp with a folded paper towel, put the pen cap over the head of the amp, and snap it off. I am kinda noid so I wear glasses when I do it.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    You are using a (relatively) complicated and superfluous gadget that in your hands has shattered amps and presumably wasted gear and possibly put slivers of glass in your gear. I have never had a mishap with my amp opener. It is a bic pen cap! I don't score at all. Just hold the body of the amp with a folded paper towel, put the pen cap over the head of the amp, and snap it off. I am kinda noid so I wear glasses when I do it.
    Yeah just use a pen cap and file part of the opposite side. It will pop right off. Amps suck.

Thread Information