View Poll Results: Favorite Anit-depressant/anxiety medication?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zoloft

2 5.56%
  • Paxil

4 11.11%
  • Celexa

0 0%
  • Xanax

20 55.56%
  • Other

10 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Whats YOUR favorite Anti-depressant/anxiety medication during PCT?!?!

I don't have one yet but just wanted to see what other people have taken and what they prefer... thanks guys.
    Last edited by 100%NATURAL-theGH; 03-20-2005 at 08:45 PM. Reason: not sure

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I would delete this post asap. You do not want a mod see you posting a favorite anxiety drug... Or clean it up with with steroid or pct question in there(can you say loop hole?).

eh.... im really lost on that one... apparently i did something wrong.... what?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Wrong forum maybe?

AR lounge instead?

I think that he's RACIST and doesn't like me cuz im white.... come on fiddy don't be like that...

check your pm's bro

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i dunno don't some peeps have intensified anxiety whilst juicing?

the poll doesn't make sense though. some of the med's are long-term drugs taken every day, and some (like xanax) are just mild seditives.

Thrower74 is offline Member
    What meso is getting at is this could fall under rec drug use and isn't allowed on AR or most boards for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    i dunno don't some peeps have intensified anxiety whilst juicing?

the poll doesn't make sense though. some of the med's are long-term drugs taken every day, and some (like xanax) are just mild seditives.
    Yes some people do... such as myself... i feel like i could have a heart attack at any second for the last 2 days.. different types of drugs??? and that is why it makes sense my friend... i want to know what people prefer between treating the symptoms day by day or just stopping them all together...

For those who have low serotonin levels, Zoloft is often prescribed. It is an uptake inhibitor which allows the serotonin to remain active for a longer time in the brain...I'm not gonna get technical about it here. But for those who have anxiety due to low serotonin levels, zoloft is effective and I have seen zero sife effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrower74
    What meso is getting at is this could fall under rec drug use and isn't allowed on AR or most boards for that matter.
    gotcha... i tried to change the title... and im not asking about what people like to use these drugs for on a recreational basis... just how they use them to control side effects which is a totally legitimate question... the only person that would consider this an innapropriate subject for a Steroid forum would possibly be some control freak having a little bit of anxiety/depression themselves...hehe.. (which could possibly be fixed by one of the listed drugs)

for panic attacks i take 20mgs/day lexapro for long term and klonopin for symptoms. i'd def. stick to xanax or klonopin for panic attacks if you can, but i had to start taking lex. because i was having multiple attacks daily.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    for panic attacks i take 20mgs/day lexapro for long term and klonopin for symptoms. i'd def. stick to xanax or klonopin for panic attacks if you can, but i had to start taking lex. because i was having multiple attacks daily.
    Excellent info my friend.... ding.. (1) for Xanax.. that is the direction I'm leaning in myself...

for the above i'd say xanax is the only one i know of being used widespread recreationally. i think most of those wouldn't buzz you up, they work on a mucher subtler level and won't affect your mood any worse than advil would.
    Last edited by John Stamos' Nephew; 03-20-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    I think that he's RACIST and doesn't like me cuz im white.... come on fiddy don't be like that...
    Only against japanese cartoons... Also thrower explained it pretty well. Your doc may just give you 5mg of valium twice per day and .25 xanax up to 3 times per day. This is for post cycle anxiety until your hormones normalize.

hmm... good info... thanks Meso... and your right about the application of the drugs discussed in this thread... PCT use.

BUMP. If your gonna vote for other make sure to tell us what other it is your talking about...

Lexapro is good. Comparable to Xanax.

jerseyboy561 is offline New Member
    I've been taking 20mg prozac for two years now, Will this have any effect on my upcoming cycle (Test E/ Deca ) I plan on still taking Prozac

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Xanax has worked well for me. Ativan is also good. For anxiety and insomnia.

Tags is offline Associate Member
    A cycle with test... Best out there...

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Dont these meds slow down metabolism?

Monsoon says is offline Associate Member
    In order for zoloft or paxel to work you have to take it for weeks at a time before it kicks in, so that the serotonin levels in the brain build up, and once you keep taking it for a sustained amount of time such as months or years you have to up the doses to remain effective on serotinin levels and starting doses differ from people to people. But if your lookin to calm anxiety such as panic attacks xanax would be your best bet cause it slows down your heart rate and your pupils become really small while on it, kicks within a half hour.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    How about cognitive behavioral therapy as opposed to depending on a pill? When I had a near death experience I had panic attacks afterwards. I tried ativan and zanax and it didn't help the underlying problem, just the symptoms. CBT cured it and fast. Pills are just a crutch.

For depresion - sunshine and exercise. What in the hell could any american be depressed about. Want to beat depression? Go to Iraq for a year and come back to America. I bet you will never be depressed again. Man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    How about cognitive behavioral therapy as opposed to depending on a pill? When I had a near death experience I had panic attacks afterwards. I tried ativan and zanax and it didn't help the underlying problem, just the symptoms. CBT cured it and fast. Pills are just a crutch.

For depresion - sunshine and exercise. What in the hell could any american be depressed about. Want to beat depression? Go to Iraq for a year and come back to America. I bet you will never be depressed again. Man up.
    I agree with you, if you can avoid the pills do so. But myself, I was seeing a psychologist when I was a kid about my anxiety...I could talk to her all day, we tried everything, nothing helped. Finally we chose the last resort, zoloft, a very mild dose...this anxiety roots in the fact I have low serotonin levels so the therapy wasnt doing schit for me. Although, you can use your mind to help with it at times.
    BTW I have never felt the need to up my dose over the few years I have been taking it.

I also agree that its all relative...go to a place like Iraq and we would all have a different perspective on life here..thats for sure.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    i hate all anti deppressents. first of all, i was put on paxil at 5mg. i then went to basic training for the army with anxiety attacks. after i got back i never took anything until about 7 months ago when i shipped out for iraq. they stuck me on 25mg of paxil cus i was having bad anxiety attcks. this sh*t turned me inside out, one second i was as happy as a butterfly, and then at the snap of a finger, i wwnt into manic deppression. i hate that and all ati-depressents. when i returned home, the doc put me on lexapro, 10mg it think, and i was weened off of the paxil. the lexapro did the same thing so i just stuck it out and manned up. Id rather have anxiety problems everyonce and a while compare to what i was goin through.

my advice, be careful on what you get from the doc, make sure the dosage is right for you. if not, then get off. it is seroius sh*t, and when i say that i mean it. that was the worst feeling in my entire life!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Good point bricks.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I've had 3 close friends (one gf) on Paxil, 2 are dead, commited suicide a couple months after treatment with Paxil, neither were suicidal before. 3rd one attempted suicide multiple times and spent months in a mental hospital under close suicide watch, they took him off Paxil and surprise surprise, he no longer wanted to end his life... If I have another friend on Paxil at any point in my life I wouldn't hesitate to beat him unconcious to get him to quit (literally, I'm not losing any more friends to that s*it)

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    clorazepam, make shure you dont drink because those things will make you feel like your drunk . but whats the purpose of this question again?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    clorazepam, make shure you dont drink because those things will make you feel like your drunk . but whats the purpose of this question again?
    Really? I have a bunch of them. Someone gave them to me when I said I couldn't sleep. I don't like trying stuff for the first time, but feeling drunk doesn't sound bad.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    man if you have a bunch of them stash them becasue you will FIEND for more, I ate 16 of them one night and slept for a day straight and I ended up puking bile when I awoke. my friend came across a script of them. the good ones have a K cut out in the middle of them. they make you dehydrated as hell to. and you will NOT remember anything that night. we call them mind erasers.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    I just saw this thread, anyway Natural, are the panic attacks the only thing bothering you? First, I want to say I agree with Loz on the cognitive therapy. I really do know a lot in this field so I would be glad to help. The anti-depressants you mentioned are all selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. There are also norinehprine reuptakes and dopamine. The xanax is a different class, it is in the class of benzodiazepines which are considered minor tranquilizers. Klonopin is the only one I would ever consider using long term. The half lifes all vary xanax has a short half life compared to lets say Valium which has a long half life. The panic attacks really aren't threatening, it's all in your head and it goes away but I would just take xanax on a when needed basis. Unless you have other problems where you feel you really need anti-depressants also. Anyway, I was a little random in these sentences but if you have a specific question let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    I just saw this thread, anyway Natural, are the panic attacks the only thing bothering you? First, I want to say I agree with Loz on the cognitive therapy. I really do know a lot in this field so I would be glad to help. The anti-depressants you mentioned are all selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. There are also norinehprine reuptakes and dopamine. The xanax is a different class, it is in the class of benzodiazepines which are considered minor tranquilizers. Klonopin is the only one I would ever consider using long term. The half lifes all vary xanax has a short half life compared to lets say Valium which has a long half life. The panic attacks really aren't threatening, it's all in your head and it goes away but I would just take xanax on a when needed basis. Unless you have other problems where you feel you really need anti-depressants also. Anyway, I was a little random in these sentences but if you have a specific question let me know.
    klonopin clorazepam saaaammmeee sheit! those things are bad man, read my post above what happens if you over do them .

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    klonopin clorazepam saaaammmeee sheit! those things are bad man, read my post above what happens if you over do them .
    Ya obviously if you take 16 like that and over do it that will happen. I know a lot of people that have been on these things longer term. Anyways, I never said I reccommend it because I actually don't only on a as needed basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Thanks bro appreciate it... Yeah I have OCD too... I've been to a doctor before and he gave me Depakote, Lithium, and Fluvoxamine. I was a f#cking vegetable bro... and I couldn't get wood... so as you can imagine I don't trust any of those f#ckers with a 10ft pole.. I mean.. I am better self medicating then taking that sh1t... and when I take steroids I get crazy.. I mean one second I'm fine then I'm SOO pissed off... then I'm depressed... my last cycle I was depressed for a few months and that sh1t sucked big time!!! It was one of the first times in my entire life I ever thought of suicide seriously and on a regular basis... I think that I want to take something daily while on cycle and keep the Xanax on hand for the panic attacks... I don't believe you should live life on drugs but doing my next cycle is pretty important to me so I guess I gotta do what I gotta do huh? Thanks and any other input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    Thanks bro appreciate it... Yeah I have OCD too... I've been to a doctor before and he gave me Depakote, Lithium, and Fluvoxamine. I was a f#cking vegetable bro... and I couldn't get wood... so as you can imagine I don't trust any of those f#ckers with a 10ft pole.. I mean.. I am better self medicating then taking that sh1t... and when I take steroids I get crazy.. I mean one second I'm fine then I'm SOO pissed off... then I'm depressed... my last cycle I was depressed for a few months and that sh1t sucked big time!!! It was one of the first times in my entire life I ever thought of suicide seriously and on a regular basis... I think that I want to take something daily while on cycle and keep the Xanax on hand for the panic attacks... I don't believe you should live life on drugs but doing my next cycle is pretty important to me so I guess I gotta do what I gotta do huh? Thanks and any other input is appreciated.
    bro if that is the case ,then maybe you should not even touch the juice.

bro if that is the case ,then maybe you should not even touch the juice.
    Read the last few sentences... if you have OCD then maybe you'd understand but it's part of what fuels who I am like anything else... I have an image of my body that I want to accomplish and i'm gonna get there... at all costs.. (guess thats the OCD kicking in?).. anyways its important enough to me to find a way to make it happen.. Thanks for the concern though..

Anabolica is offline Associate Member
    Anyone heard of or used "Aropax" paroxetine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information