Thread: Motrin

kingpin054 is offline Junior Member

Motrin

can you take motrin while on test p, tren , and winnt cycle?

bump

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    leave motrin alone. it's hard on your organs and halts muscle growth. man up and get some icy-hot.

ive got a bad back and its bothering me, and motrin is the only thing that helps.

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin054
    can you take motrin while on test p, tren, and winnt cycle?
    Motrin is ibuprofen...
    "Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to: headache, muscular aches, minor pain of arthritis, toothache, backache, the common cold, menstrual cramps, reduces fever. "

I doubt it will halt muscle growth...

I have used it a few times when my muscles were really sore...and didn't notice any negative effects on muscle.

That's my opinion!

thanks

check it out for yourself. if i remember correctly, ibuprofen takes a couple days to reach effective levels in your body anyway, so there's no point in "just using it once".

Skeletal Muscle PGF2{alpha}and PGE2 in Response to Eccentric Resistance Exercise: Influence of Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen
    T. A. Trappe, J. D. Fluckey, F. White, C. P. Lambert and W. J. Evans

Nutrition, Metabolism, and Exercise Laboratory, Donald W. Reynolds Center on Aging, Department of Geriatrics, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and Central Arkansas Veterans HealthCare System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Todd Trappe, Ph.D., Nutrition, Metabolism, and Exercise Laboratory, Donald W. Reynolds Center on Aging, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham, Slot 806, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205. E-mail: [email protected].

Abstract

PGs have been shown to modulate skeletal muscle protein metabolism as well as inflammation and pain. In nonskeletal muscle tissues, the over the counter analgesic drugs ibuprofen and acetaminophen function through suppression of PG synthesis. We previously reported that ibuprofen and acetaminophen inhibit the normal increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis after high intensity eccentric resistance exercise. The current study examined skeletal muscle PG levels in the same subjects to further investigate the mechanisms of action of these drugs in exercised skeletal muscle. Twenty-four males (25 ± 3 yr) were assigned to 3 groups that received the maximal over the counter dose of ibuprofen (1200 mg/d), acetaminophen (4000 mg/d), or a placebo after 10–14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric 1 repetition maximum using the knee extensors. Preexercise and 24 h postexercise biopsies of the vastus lateralis revealed that the exercise-induced change in PGF2{alpha} in the placebo group (77%) was significantly different (P < 0.05) from those in the ibuprofen (-1%) and acetaminophen (-14%) groups. However, the exercise-induced change in PGE2 in the placebo group (64%) was only significantly different (P < 0.05) from that in the acetaminophen group (-16%). The exercise-induced changes in PGF2{alpha} and PGE2 were not different between the ibuprofen and acetaminophen groups. These results suggest that ibuprofen and acetaminophen have a comparable effect on suppressing the normal increase in PGF2{alpha} in human skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise, which may profoundly influence the anabolic response of muscle to this form of exercise.

huh ?

read the study bro. it puts the brakes on muscle growth.

thanx

Cygnus is offline New Member

Learn somethin new......

I had no idea that Motrin had that effect. Wish I had known that before. Looks like I need an alternative. Thx

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    It's supposed to effect protein synthesis but I think that a couple grams of AAS would counteract that.

i don't think so bro. a million shingles won't put up a roof any faster if the lumber yard is closed and you can't get any wood for framing.

Thread Information