cmax is offline Associate Member

arimidex off-cycle

I have some stubborn fat deposits in my chest that I am trying to shred. I spoke with a few plastic surgeons who confirmed that this is fat and not glanular tissue.

I am going to try to lose these stubborn fat deposits by taking the following:

Arimidex at .25 mg
    NYC stack
    Yohimburn

I am extremely lean probably just below 10% bodyfat and the only place I really seem to store fat is in my chest.

Is taking Arimidex off-cycle like this a bad idea? Will I lose lean muscle mass and prevent myself from getting any additional gains by taking arimidex?

Will taking Arimidex alone lower or raise my natural testosterone levels ?

Will there be a rebound effect of raising my estrogen level or lowering my natural testosterone levels after the arimidex is stopped?

What results should I expect?

Is there a better combination of things that I should be taking to achieve the same desired results?

Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.

little men is offline Associate Member
    half of your questions are answered in the armidex profile.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little men
    half of your questions are answered in the armidex profile.
    So what about the other half?

Arimidex is an Aromatase Inhibitor. It has been clinically demonstrated to INCREASE testosterone levels while DECREASING estrogen.

It is useful while OFF cycle. Don't expect anything dramatic.

[R]

supersteve Guest
    It does lower igf-1 though.
    A low dose of letro might be better. Try 0.5mg ED.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Arimidex (AI) at dose of 0.5mg for 3-4 weeks will nearly double your test levels.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    I have some stubborn fat deposits in my chest that I am trying to shred. I spoke with a few plastic surgeons who confirmed that this is fat and not glanular tissue.

Arimidex at .25 mg
    NYC stack
    Yohimburn

I am extremely lean probably just below 10% bodyfat and the only place I really seem to store fat is in my chest.

Is taking Arimidex off-cycle like this a bad idea? Will I lose lean muscle mass and prevent myself from getting any additional gains by taking arimidex?

Will there be a rebound effect of raising my estrogen level or lowering my natural testosterone levels after the arimidex is stopped?

Is there a better combination of things that I should be taking to achieve the same desired results?

no
    no
    raise
    leaning out in oestrogenic fat areas, water retention lowering (oestrogen suppression)
    prefer aromasin or femara to arimidex

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    SS can you point me to your reference material on this?

Quote Originally Posted by supersteve
    It does lower igf-1 though.
    A low dose of letro might be better. Try 0.5mg ED.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    SS can you point me to your reference material on this?
    Here's what he said in one post...

what can supress igf-1 during pct (letro)

But here's a study done with Nolvadex .It shows that indeed it does have an effect on IGF levels.

Weissberger AJ, Ho KK.

Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St. Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia.

To determine whether testosterone modulates the somatotropic axis in adult males, we compared 24-h GH secretion (from 20-min sampling, using Cluster analysis) and insulin -like growth factor-I (IGF-I) levels of five hypogonadal men (aged 20-32 yr) with those of six normal men (aged 21-27 yr), and examined the effects of testosterone replacement (testosterone enanthate 250 mg im monthly). To elucidate whether the action of testosterone on the somatotropic axis is direct, or requires the aromatization of testosterone to estradiol, we also examined the effects of the nonsteroidal antiestrogen, tamoxifen (20 mg/day for 3 weeks), on 24-h GH secretion and IGF-I levels in the normal men and in four of the hypogonadal men during concurrent testosterone treatment. Compared to the normal men, the hypogonadal men had significantly reduced mean GH pulse amplitude (3.1 +/- 0.6 vs. 8.4 +/- 1.7 micrograms/L, P < 0.05), but not pulse frequency. Testosterone treatment resulted in a significant increase in 24-h mean serum GH (0.7 +/- 0.2 to 1.4 +/- 0.2 micrograms/L, P < 0.05), mean GH pulse amplitude (3.1 +/- 0.6 to 5.2 +/- 0.8 micrograms/L, P < 0.01) and serum IGF-I (0.9 +/- 0.1 to 1.1 +/- 0.1 U/mL, P < 0.05). In the normal men, tamoxifen significantly reduced 24-h mean serum GH (1.1 +/- 0.3 to 0.5 +/- 0.1 micrograms/L, P < 0.05), mean GH pulse amplitude (8.4 +/- 1.7 to 4.7 +/- 0.4 micrograms/L, P < 0.05), and serum IGF-I (1.0 +/- 0.1 to 0.7 +/- 0.1 U/mL, P < 0.001). In the hypogonadal men on testosterone replacement , tamoxifen lowered 24-h mean serum GH (1.3 +/- 0.2 to 0.6 +/- 0.2 micrograms/L, P < 0.01), mean GH pulse amplitude (5.5 +/- 1.0 to 2.4 +/- 0.8 micrograms/L, P < 0.01), and serum IGF-I (1.2 +/- 0.1 to 0.8 +/- 0.1 U/mL, P < 0.05). We conclude that testosterone plays an important role in the modulation of the male somatotropic axis in adulthood, as appears to be the case in puberty, and that this effect is partly dependent on the aromatization of testosterone to estradiol.
    Last edited by Pinnacle; 11-27-2005 at 09:10 PM.

actually igf-1 suppression is one of the pathways by which nolva is used to treat breast cancer. It also reduces GHR expression and increases GHBP.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Pinnacle, looks like Nolva is a slam-dunk for reducing IGF-1.

I thought Supersteve was referring to Arimidex . In that thread he says the Arimidex info is conflicting.

Interesting discussion though, as many people seem to use IGF-1 as a AS cycle bridge during PCT, just when we are pumping all of these SERMS, etc which have supressive affect on IGF-1 levels.

Really makes me look forward to my first PCT -- LOL seems the only thing I haven't heard happens during PCT is explosive farts and Diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Here's what he said in one post...

there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to PCT. But basic premises hold, oestrogen suppression is effective (though may have negative impact on cholesterol), LH mimicing is effective (though not without side effects), Oestrogen receptor antagonism is effective (though also not without sides)

there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to PCT. But basic premises hold, oestrogen suppression is effective (though may have negative impact on cholesterol), LH mimicing is effective (though not without side effects), Oestrogen receptor antagonism is effective (though also not without sides)

supersteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    But here's a study done with Nolvadex.It shows that indeed it does have an effect on IGF levels.
    And I was right. It lowers igf-1 via its impact on gh release, which obviously results in lower igf-1. It doesn't lower igf-1 directly by affecting the liver. So as I said in my other post, if you're taking exogenous gh, running nolva at the same time is of no concern.

But I don't see how you posting that was relevant, I never mentioned anything about nolva in this post, I was referring to arimidex .

Not trying to pick on hooker or anything because I think his profile's are a great resource. But some of his assertions are a little off. Eg. in his arimidex profile he uses a study done on post-menopausal women to assert that arimidex raises igf-1. But in another study he posts to show that arimidex raises testosterone and lowers estrogen, it also shows that arimidex lowers igf-1 in healthy men - but he choses to ignore that and go with the women reference. Seems a bit ridiculous and plain lazy.

Estrogen suppression in males: metabolic effects.

Mauras N, O'Brien KO, Klein KO, Hayes V.

Nemours Research Programs at the Nemours Children's Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA. [email protected]

We have shown that testosterone (T) deficiency per se is associated with marked catabolic effects on protein, calcium metabolism, and body composition in men independent of changes in GH or insulin -like growth factor I production. It is not clear,,however, whether estrogens have a major role in whole body anabolism in males. We investigated the metabolic effects of selective estrogen suppression in the male using a potent aromatase inhibitor, Arimidex (Anastrozole). First, a dose-response study of 12 males (mean age, 16.1 +/- 0.3 yr) was conducted, and blood withdrawn at baseline and after 10 days of oral Arimidex given as two different doses (either 0.5 or 1 mg) in random order with a 14-day washout in between. A sensitive estradiol (E2) assay showed an approximately 50% decrease in E2 concentrations with either of the two doses; hence, a 1-mg dose was selected for other studies. Subsequently, eight males (aged 15-22 yr; four adults and four late pubertal) had isotopic infusions of [(13)C]leucine and (42)Ca/(44)Ca, indirect calorimetry, dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, isokinetic dynamometry, and growth factors measurements performed before and after 10 weeks of daily doses of Arimidex. Contrary to the effects of T withdrawal, there were no significant changes in body composition (body mass index, fat mass, and fat-free mass) after estrogen suppression or in rates of protein synthesis or degradation; carbohydrate, lipid, or protein oxidation; muscle strength; calcium kinetics; or bone growth factors concentrations. However, E2 concentrations decreased 48% (P = 0.006), with no significant change in mean and peak GH concentrations, but with an 18% decrease in plasma insulin-like growth factor I concentrations. There was a 58% increase in serum T (P = 0.0001), sex hormone-binding globulin did not change, whereas LH and FSH concentrations increased (P < 0.02, both). Serum bone markers, osteocalcin and bone alk****e phosphatase concentrations, and rates of bone calcium deposition and resorption did not change. In conclusion, these data suggest that in the male 1) estrogens do not contribute significantly to the changes in body composition and protein synthesis observed with changing androgen levels; 2) estrogen is a main regulator of the gonadal-pituitary feedback for the gonadotropin axis; and 3) this level of aromatase inhibition does not negatively impact either kinetically measured rates of bone calcium turnover or indirect markers of bone calcium turnover, at least in the short term. Further studies will provide valuable information on whether timed aromatase inhibition can be useful in increasing the height potential of pubertal boys with profound growth retardation without the confounding negative effects of gonadal androgen suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by cmax

Arimidex at .25 mg
    NYC stack
    Yohimburn

How do you know your around 10% B/F. How did you have this check or are you guessing. A good diet, cardio and weight training will rid you of the fat around yout chest. There is no such thing as spot reducing. Arimidex is not going to help you lose the fat around your chest. Diet and cardio will and weight training will harden up the muscles in the chest region.

So do this.

1) Good diet
    2) cardio 3-4 days a week at a slow pace for 45 minutes
    3) Inclines and declines at 15 degrees.
    3A) 3 total sets to work all the number two fibers.
    Set 1.....7 reps to failure
    Set 2...add weight....3 reps to failure
    set 3....reduce weight....12 reps to failure
    Each week add a rep to each until you get to 10-5-15 reps. then add weight and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by tough old man
    There is no such thing as spot reducing. Arimidex is not going to help you lose the fat around your chest.
    yes... there is.
    yes... it will.

there are variety of spot reducing drugs... yohimbine will increase fat loss from A2 adrenoceptor rich tissues (often called stubborn or oestrogenic fat), GH will cause localized fat acid utilization. Arimidex and other aromatase inhibitor will reduce oestrogen which will reduce, somewhat (though more over time) A2 expression (this will allow for greater than normal (normal for the individual) fat loss from tissue that prior was oestrogenically affected (a2 rich).... Detergents injected will cause fat cell lysis, unfortunately they can also lyse healthy cells-- research is ongoing for lipophillic detergents. Pgf2a will cause local fat loss and apoptis of local fat cells (though there are side effects)... etc..etc..

Quote Originally Posted by tough old man
    Diet and cardio will and weight training will harden up the muscles in the chest region.

though do also strongly agree with this... unfortunately in certain metabolic situations, oestrogenic ones among them, more is required to achieve the desired results.. but those are the basis of any successful program...

Thread Information