bigjaylow is offline Associate Member

Do you always feel small a follow-up to original post? What's average?

I was at the gym lastnight and this guy was there he was a new member friend of a freak, and that he was his arms were bigger than my legs and ripped. What do you guys see as average and above average measurements arms, chest, etc....I really want to know where I stand when it comes to size? When you use all the factors bodyfat % and etc....? Do I have this dismorphia?

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    I never really pay much attention to how big others are. It's usually how well proportioned. I'd say if you have 16" arms your pretty much average. 16-18" avove aveage....18-20+ arms you're in the freak range.

I see some guys walking around the gym with a flat chest and huge arms. That's not what I would want to look like personally.

absolutebob is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rig
    I see some guys walking around the gym with a flat chest and huge arms. That's not what I would want to look like personally.
    I definitly agree with that. It is the most disgusting thing.

j martini is offline Member
    If you mean average for someone who has never trained and there body fat is average i would say 13 inch arms, and a 36 inch chest bodyweight would be determined by height.

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    If you mean average for someone who has never trained and there body fat is average i would say 13 inch arms, and a 36 inch chest bodyweight would be determined by height.
    Gee, I thought I was average. My forearms are 13.5"

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    Gee, I thought I was average. My forearms are 13.5"
    mine are 13/1/5 also i think they are small but i guess it depends on b/f. so what would be considered an average b/f cuz ne one can have 20 inch arms if there a fat ass. what about legs? mine are horrible they have shape to them but no size. there a pain in the ass to get to grow.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    it never bothers me if there are other guys in the gym that are bigger than i am, someone will always be bigger and stronger than you!
    if they are really big then i try to use them as encouragement for me to get bigger

Quote Originally Posted by shrunkennutz116
    mine are 13/1/5 also i think they are small but i guess it depends on b/f. so what would be considered an average b/f cuz ne one can have 20 inch arms if there a fat ass. what about legs? mine are horrible they have shape to them but no size. there a pain in the ass to get to grow.
    I understand what you're saying. I was a fatass. Pants were 46" now 36" My body fat I believe is somewhere between 15 and 20. My bis are 16 1/4" lean. But I still have the spare tire eveyone hates...

Legs...ahh, my favorite subject. My legs are naturally huge calves are 18" if that gives you an idea. I'm 5-11" in height btw. everybody I work out with are like 6-2" and 250+ so yeah I feel average around those guys.

GettinSwoll47 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeast007
    if they are really big then i try to use them as encouragement for me to get bigger
    same here

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I never really pay much attention to how big others are. It's usually how well proportioned. I'd say if you have 16" arms your pretty much average. 16-18" avove aveage....18-20+ arms you're in the freak range.

Very well put. Even on stage judges, not unlike you, want to see symmetry on the BB'ers. Nobody in the world wants to have 24 inch arms with a 32 inch chest it just looks stupid. I think that even if you only weigh 185 pounds as long as your calves match your biceps and you are evenly proportioned all over your body from chest to quads then you should be proud of yourself.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'll never be happy w/myself.

I think that's just the way it is.

~SC~

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    its hard to be satisfied and still want to work so hard...i think thats why alot of people feel that way, "i feel small" ....its a day to day thing for me for how i picture myself...i dont see it as un-natural to want to improve but being obsessive is...compare yourself to yourself, monitor your stats and decide on personal progress....its much more satisfying than looking at others in awe
    Last edited by tdawg; 03-22-2005 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Vegas67 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaylow
    I was at the gym lastnight and this guy was there he was a new member friend of a freak, and that he was his arms were bigger than my legs and ripped. What do you guys see as average and above average measurements arms, chest, etc....I really want to know where I stand when it comes to size? When you use all the factors bodyfat % and etc....? Do I have this dismorphia?
    Depends on where you are lifting at the time. If I am at a business hotel in Hong Kong I am the freak. If I am lifting in one of the Golds in Vegas around 3pm I am looking like a towel boy in the Oakland Raiders locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas67
    Depends on where you are lifting at the time. If I am at a business hotel in Hong Kong I am the freak. If I am lifting in one of the Golds in Vegas around 3pm I am looking like a towel boy in the Oakland Raiders locker room.
    lol

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas67
    Yeah most of us can't affort to get that big and then maintain it.

Thread Information