blackblaze is offline Junior Member

Naproxen and AAS ?

Ive been having some connective tissue problems, pretty much the tendon from my elbow to my bicep is killing me. My doctor prescribed me 1000mg a day of naproxen (non-steroidal , anti-inflamatory). I didnt tell him i was on AAS, is it ok to take this while on cycle....d-bol, test e, deca ?

bump

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The gear is probably why your tendon is fried. Especially the winny.

Dunno about mixing them though.

~SC~

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Get some gh bro.

Sorry don't know the answer.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    I have used it while on...dont recall any sides. Doesnt mean you should though...

vp3
    vp3 is offline New Member
    Naproxen is the active ingredient in Aleve OTC pain medicine. I occasionally use up to 4 Aleve (880 mg) in a day while on cycle to control pain in my shoulder. I haven't had any interactions using it. It works really well at controling pain.

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    thats too hardcore on the naproxen dosage also its been linked to heart issues

I AM A TOTLAL fan of moderate Ibuprofen dosage

the best brand I have used is this:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rPath=589*775*

I use 400 mgs 45 minutes before a workout

you'll love it

please don' t exceed 600 mgs

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    i'm NOT a fan of either, or any NSAID for that matter. tylenol and motrin have been proven to stop muscle growth, so i'd go ahead and assume that naproxen would too.

yes its a NSAID ( iIbuprofen)

but for those who have nagging pangs small dosages wont do harm

well i don't know what you consider small dosages but this study used 1200 mg/day. to me that's not a whole lot, but i'm used to "ranger candy".

Effect of ibuprofen and acetaminophen on postexercise muscle protein synthesis
    T. A. Trappe1, F. White1, C. P. Lambert1, D. Cesar2, M. Hellerstein2, and W. J. Evans1

1 Nutrition, Metabolism, and Exercise Laboratory, Donald W. Reynolds Center on Aging, Departments of Geriatrics and Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and the Central Arkansas Veterans HealthCare System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205; and 2 Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720-3104

We examined the effect of two commonly consumed over-the-counter analgesics, ibuprofen and acetaminophen, on muscle protein synthesis and soreness after high-intensity eccentric resistance exercise. Twenty-four males (25 ± 3 yr, 180 ± 6 cm, 81 ± 6 kg, and 17 ± 8% body fat) were assigned to one of three groups that received either the maximal over-the-counter dose of ibuprofen (IBU; 1,200 mg/day), acetaminophen (ACET; 4,000 mg/day), or a placebo (PLA) after 10-14 sets of 10 eccentric repetitions at 120% of concentric one-repetition maximum with the knee extensors. Postexercise (24 h) skeletal muscle fractional synthesis rate (FSR) was increased 76 ± 19% (P < 0.05) in PLA (0.058 ± 0.012%/h) and was unchanged (P > 0.05) in IBU (35 ± 21%; 0.021 ± 0.014%/h) and ACET (22 ± 23%; 0.010 ± 0.019%/h). Neither drug had any influence on whole body protein breakdown, as measured by rate of phenylalanine appearance, on serum creatine kinase, or on rating of perceived muscle soreness compared with PLA. These results suggest that over-the-counter doses of both ibuprofen and acetaminophen suppress the protein synthesis response in skeletal muscle after eccentric resistance exercise. Thus these two analgesics may work through a common mechanism to influence protein metabolism in skeletal muscle.

paracetamol; analgesics; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; delayed-onset muscle soreness

i guess 1200 mgs would be six of the little pills a day, or 3 max strength. doesn't mean that less wouldn't have the same effect tho. on top of that, the sh1t's hard on your liver.

400 is the dose I recommend

its small enough to not cause any problems that I can feel

and large enough to do the job

1 dose per day on wokout days

(stuff has been a savior on dreaded chest day)

my favorite part of that study is the part where 1200 mgs doesn't have any more effect on the percieved level of muscle soreness than the placebo did. IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD. quit being a bunch of pussies already lol.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    ask your doc about liver toxicity. don't mix oral 17aa roids with liver toxic OTC meds.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't use 17AA orals but others should be alright - naproxen is harder on kidneys than on the liver. I use and havaen't had any problems and I get labs drawn every three months.

Meso is offline Junior Member
    So what would be the ideal OTC painkiller while on?
    Nothing works for me but asprin, but I'm not running anything right now.

BTW tylenol is terrible on your liver (especially for a hangover after a night of hard drinking) so use with 17aa's can't be good. But thats Tylenol.
    Last edited by Meso; 03-23-2005 at 03:25 AM.

superchump is offline Junior Member
    you should let that elbow rest . i used naproxen ato get thru work last summer and im still hurting. i was juicin at the time but anyway juice or no juice if you use anti inflammatories to work thru this the pain will get intense. youll be amazed at just how painful it can get

Quote Originally Posted by Meso
    So what would be the ideal OTC painkiller while on?
    Nothing works for me but asprin, but I'm not running anything right now.

IBUPROFEN

it awsome

im mid-cycle, i cant rest it can i ?

if you check aout anabolicfitness.com

we had a long discussion on it many vets ( presently huge guys)

said it is the best OTC with minimal sides

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Naproxin is fine. Take 400mg every 8 hours if you have pain from inflammation. The highest dose i'll take is 600mg - and that's if its serious pain. Its only bad for you if you take high dosages(like 800mg+) for longer than 10-14 days, and may have a personal/family history of heart problems.

Is asprin bad while on?

Thread Information