jeremys is offline Associate Member

shoulder question pertaining to AAS

last april i was benching in the 500s. then i got hurt real bad and i had to wait a few months before i could get surgery after visits to chiropractors, ART therapists, etc. the diagnosis was osteolysis of the AC joint which i guess is pretty common in weightlifters.

the left shoulder operation went fine. a couple months later i had the other shoulder done.

the procedure for each shoulder was AC joint resection and subacromial decompression because i had os-acromionales in both shoulders.

after the last surgery, my doc said the acromion in my right shoulder is mobile. this is from the 2 parts of the acromion not fusing yet or not fusing at all.

he said if it broke, some major surgery would have to be done like taking out the acromion and attaching tendons to different bones. my shoulder would never be the same after that. he said this has only happened once in all the ones hes seen but it can happen.

obviously, with training being the most important thing in my life, that CAN NOT happen. but i also don't want to be pussified and be restricted.

now here's the question

the fusing of the acromion in the acromion process by way of epiphyseal plates. are they actual growth plates that could be fused with AAS or would that not help any?

thanks for the info

bump

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    AAS will close growth plates but I don't htink that is what your orthopod is talking about.

thanks for the reply, maybe you're right.

are there any docs in here?

Thread Information