lzicc is offline Senior Member

Needle size question

Currently I am using 25 gauge 1" needles for glutes. I am pretty lean there. I am thinking about going to 25 gauge, 1 1/2". My question is if I use the 1 1/2" needle, do I push it the whole way in or do I leave like 1/4" sticking out? With the 1" that I use now, I push it the whole way in and dimple the area a little with the syringe making it go in about 1 1/4" in.

Also, is there a big difference in pain/soreness going from 25 gauge to let's say a 23 gauge or would I not notice a difference? The 25 gauge is a little hard to push the oil through and I am thinking about going to a 23. I like the 25 though for scar tissue reasons.

GetnSwole is offline Junior Member
    I use 22G 1-1/2, when doing legs I leave about 1/4" out, when doing butt I push it all the way in

J

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    Also, is there a big difference in pain/soreness going from 25 gauge to let's say a 23 gauge or would I not notice a difference? The 25 gauge is a little hard to push the oil through and I am thinking about going to a 23. I like the 25 though for scar tissue reasons.
    For glutes, the difference you would notice between 25 and 23 would be very little.

As for how far you want push the needle in, it's up to you. Leaving 1/4 of an inch out is fine and won't effect anything.

agreed, oils will glide through a 23 significantly better than a 25. 25 gauge needles are truly designed for water based/vitamins although you can get bye with them. stick to using 25/1's for shoulder and arm sticks.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    There's not that much difference between 23g and 25g although i do prefer 25. You want to inject the oil in slowly anyway...and yes sticking it all the way in or leaving a quarter inch out isn't going to make a difference as long as you go deep into the muscle.

Jay J is offline Junior Member
    I use 23 guage 1in for delt shots. Would this be OK for a quad shot? Thanks, didn't mean to hijack.

bills_4 is offline New Member
    so I one inch is too short for the glute?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay J
    I use 23 guage 1in for delt shots. Would this be OK for a quad shot? Thanks, didn't mean to hijack.

Yes, that would be fine.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bills_4
    so I one inch is too short for the glute?

Not necessarily. It depends on how lean you are and how much muscle you're carrying. Most will be able to use a one inch needle, just be careful to do it properly.

bills_4 is offline New Member
    sorry I know this was not my tread but since you answered, what do you mean be careful? How do I know it has reached the muscle I mean is the whole glute a muscle? Is there a way I can tell as I would not want to watse shots.

Read The Inject Posts........make Sure To Assperate

Thread Information