McBain is offline Member

Mass vs Strength Steroids

I am curious as to what exactly different steroids do to put on more mass or increase strength more. I understand androgens basically increase protein synthesis but I am curious as to why, for example, halo cause large increases in strength and yields little mass while deca yields more mass gains and less strength gains, comparative to halo. I have tried to find some info on this with little luck. So any help understanding this would be great.

TxLonghorn is offline Junior Member
    Gear like halo doesn't increase protein synthesis, so you aren't going to gain impressive increases in muscle on it. However, it affects the CNS, so your mind/muscle connection is stronger. You will be able to contract your muscles more forcefully than before. Strength isn't just tissue, it's the ability to contract that tissue with force.

NightOp is offline Member
    most strength drugs are DHT derivaties as far as I know (var.. winny, etc..) right? this would explain why not alot of mass is put on..

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by TxLonghorn
    Gear like halo doesn't increase protein synthesis, so you aren't going to gain impressive increases in muscle on it. However, it affects the CNS, so your mind/muscle connection is stronger. You will be able to contract your muscles more forcefully than before. Strength isn't just tissue, it's the ability to contract that tissue with force.
    oh ok thanks that clears it up thanks

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    just like the good bro tx said, the neuromuscular connection is very important.

also, some steroids known for more mass really just give you more water retention.

McBain is offline Member
    Thanks Dr. Evil, good to see you back! How you feeling?

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    good to see you evil, doesnt a lot of the mass come from a good diet as well. i have had friends who took clen and put on 10 lbs of mass on that, i know its not something taken for mass but when you take somtething like winny, you can put mass on just by lifting correctly and dieting correctly,,correct???

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    yes, diet is key to mass too, but to differentiate the mass/strength ratio, water plays a huge role as does neuromuscular connections.

BAMF, wow... 10 pounds of mass while on clen ... what was there bf like before and after... anything else you can tell us about this? I'm very interested.

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    Yea, i know it sounds supprising, but what he did was took clen and ate well. he ate a ton of protein and a few carbs but low on the carbs. He worked out all the time and was on a good program. His body fat before was pretty low, i would say around 15% but when he was done he was a bigger leaner prolly around 10%. his abs were really defined as were his muscles in general. He didnt do an eca stack or anything like that, just clen. ill get more info from him if you would like.

tyler D is offline Banned
    i 've always heard most mass drugs are water filling drugs

McBain is offline Member
    If the water retention plays a big role then why is one able to make the same gains if armidex is taken throughout cycle (at least from experiences I've read doesn't seem like this inhibits gains; however if water retention plays a large role in mass gaining I would think that armidex would inhibit gains then). Anyone have any response to this?

wow BAMF, ya i'd love some more specifics on what he did, that is interesting, if you dont mind bro.

bump

Thread Information