rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member

im gonna take it easy on carbs with my cycle

I know some of you will disagree but while Im on cycle Im gonna shoot for at least 300 gm of protein a day and im gonna just eat enough carbs to get me by cause I been seeing a lot of people gain a lot of nasty weight from too much carbs. I know your body needs carbs for energy while working out but whatever your body dont use will turn into fat, right?I will only concetrate on protein everyday, you guys think this is a good idea?I know its gonna be hard cause I heard the EQ makes you eat like a horse but Im ordering some myoplex so hopefully thatll help me with my hunger and make me feel bloated.Im stocking up on a lot of tuna,each can has i think 27 grams of protein, do you guys know of anything else that has a lot of protien that is reasonable to stock up on cause chicken breast is just too high in money to eat everyday.I know this belongs in diet but i just dont have luck at replies in that area.Can someone give me a example of a low costing diet with high protein intake?
    Last edited by rangerdudeleads; 04-04-2002 at 08:35 AM.

Methuselah is offline Member
    I think it's a great idea. But do eat adaquate complex carbs. You should be getting plenty of calories if your eating that much protein and it's not coming from shakes.

You can always buy the family packs of chicken and remove the skin and fat yourself. Most of us like breast only because it's easy. Another high protein item that is cheap are those imitation crab legs, very high protein and no carbs or fat.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Methuselah
    I think it's a great idea. But do eat adaquate complex carbs. You should be getting plenty of calories if your eating that much protein and it's not coming from shakes.

You can always buy the family packs of chicken and remove the skin and fat yourself. Most of us like breast only because it's easy. Another high protein item that is cheap are those imitation crab legs, very high protein and no carbs or fat.
    how do you prepare the crab leg?

GUARDIAN is offline New Member
    I was thinking of doing the same thing when I start my next cycle in a few months. Glad I am not the only person who thinks this way. As far as protein source I eat allot of tuna and caned chicken for convenience. To tell the truth I hate tuna now. Hope it works out for you and let us know how it works for you.

imitation crab legs, hmmm sounds good, I guess if thats good in protein crab meat sandwiches would be great source of protein.You guys keep the replies coming in cause Im taking notes.

Originally posted by GUARDIAN
    I was thinking of doing the same thing when I start my next cycle in a few months. Glad I am not the only person who thinks this way. As far as protein source I eat allot of tuna and caned chicken for convenience. To tell the truth I hate tuna now. Hope it works out for you and let us know how it works for you.
    hey bro not sure what kind of tuna you eat but try the white tuna cause it taste hell of a lot better than that regular tuna.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    buy some ground sirloin, it's really cheap. Egg whites, eggs are cheap. Don't skip out on your postworkout carbs to replace glycogen.

SOLID

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    Originally posted by BE_STRONG

if your real lazy like me this afternoon (i'm eatin some right now)

throw your imitation crab in a bowl
    nuke it till its warm
    top with soy sauce (but use the kind that they serve with sushi)

mmm mmm good baby!

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    oops i forgot cheap protein sources from real food

eggs
    cottage cheese
    oatmeal
    tuna
    round steak
    party packs of chicken parts

oh yeah and if your gonna cut carbs just cut the simple ones, don't cut them all together. at least if it was me thats what i would do

Originally posted by BE_STRONG

Just warm it up in the microwave. Sometimes they're called sea sticks in the store. They're by the hotdogs and saugages usually. Use Molly McButter or another butter subsitute if you need to jazz them up. 1 pack has about 16 in it for about $1.50. Very high protein, like 19 or 21 grams protein per serving, 4 serving per pack. I might be a little off on the cost and protein contect, but it's around that ball park.

You can also buy ground turkey, lean pork cutlets, pork tenderloins , round steak, lean ham, all that stuff is cheap. Some of the fresh fish is cheap and the frozen fish fillets in the bags are usually reasonable. Got to keep it simple but find a variety at the same time so you don't det tired of eating. Also, if you're going to the store frewuently enough you can find the chicken breast very cheap; there's usually a day that it goes on sale. Say it's April 4th, you go to the store and find the chicken breast 1/2 price and it says on the package "Must Eat or Freeze by April 6th". That's when you load up the freezer. Or just by the bone in chicken breast and take the bone out yourself, it's cheap that way. Tofu is another cheap source of very high protein but it has to be cooked wth something else or it's tasteless, in fact, you can cube it up and stick it in your veggies or grill it with your chicken.

Bro, sounds like it's time to buy yourself a cook book. Get "Zone Meals" by Dr. Barry Sears.

http://www.xsportsnutrition.com/zp-020.html

http://www.zoneperfect.com/Site/cont...ook_listII.asp

http://www.zonehome.com/bookstore.htm

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    cool! I have never tried imitation crab meat. as far the chicken. I get striaght from the tyson, in 40lb box boneless breast(fresh) and then split it up into packs. tofu! i hate that shit. Thanks bro !! later!!

Just warm it up in the microwave. Sometimes they're called sea sticks in the store. They're by the hotdogs and saugages usually. Use Molly McButter or another butter subsitute if you need to jazz them up. 1 pack has about 16 in it for about $1.50. Very high protein, like 19 or 21 grams protein per serving, 4 serving per pack. I might be a little off on the cost and protein contect, but it's around that ball park.

You can also buy ground turkey, lean pork cutlets, pork tenderloins , round steak, lean ham, all that stuff is cheap. Some of the fresh fish is cheap and the frozen fish fillets in the bags are usually reasonable. Got to keep it simple but find a variety at the same time so you don't det tired of eating. Also, if you're going to the store frewuently enough you can find the chicken breast very cheap; there's usually a day that it goes on sale. Say it's April 4th, you go to the store and find the chicken breast 1/2 price and it says on the package "Must Eat or Freeze by April 6th". That's when you load up the freezer. Or just by the bone in chicken breast and take the bone out yourself, it's cheap that way. Tofu is another cheap source of very high protein but it has to be cooked wth something else or it's tasteless, in fact, you can cube it up and stick it in your veggies or grill it with your chicken.

Bro, sounds like it's time to buy yourself a cook book. Get "Zone Meals" by Dr. Barry Sears.

http://www.xsportsnutrition.com/zp-020.html

http://www.zoneperfect.com/Site/cont...ook_listII.asp

http://www.zonehome.com/bookstore.htm

thanx bro i will buy alot of the mentioned food here.Also thanx meth for the crab leg way to cook it.

i just ordered me 2 boxes of myoplex by eas with 50 pacs in each for 105..What a deal.Has anyone used myoplex, if so is it pretty good stuff to add to your protein diet?

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by rangerdudeleads
    i just ordered me 2 boxes of myoplex by eas with 50 pacs in each for 105..What a deal.Has anyone used myoplex, if so is it pretty good stuff to add to your protein diet?
    Dude that's cheap as hell!! What site did you buy it off off? I just bought 4 boxes of that stuff at $63 a box. I also bought 3 cases of ready to drink myoplexes at $3 each drink($36 a case). Let me know where you bought it. What a deal!!

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    Oh and mine only has 42 packs in each box. Damn I got ripped off

I don't like the taste of EAS products, they all have that diet coke taste to me. A lot of people use myoplex though.

I don't like the taste of EAS products, they all have that diet coke taste to me. A lot of people use myoplex though.
    I went and bought a blender today cause i plan to blend berries in my myoplex.

PunkRawk is offline Member
    is this a mass cycle??

I went and bought a blender today cause i plan to blend berries in my myoplex.

hey I was checking on imitation crab meat and I was looking at it and it showed 5 grams of protein a serving.

hey I was checking on imitation crab meat and I was looking at it and it showed 5 grams of protein a serving.
    Hmmm, not the stuff that I bought. It's all fish that processed. I'll pick some up tonight and scan the label.

Hmmm, not the stuff that I bought. It's all fish that processed. I'll pick some up tonight and scan the label.
    hey when you get it can you tell me exact name of it cause Im stocking up on my food for my diet now and would love to add that to my diet. thanx bro

2packabs is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BE_STRONG
    i usally wake her up around 12pm

2packabs is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dg33k
    oops i forgot cheap protein sources from real food

eggs
    cottage cheese
    oatmeal
    tuna
    round steak
    party packs of chicken parts

oh yeah and if your gonna cut carbs just cut the simple ones, don't cut them all together. at least if it was me thats what i would do
    yogart with a scoop of protien powder

RageforOrder78 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwillster
    Dude that's cheap as hell!! What site did you buy it off off? I just bought 4 boxes of that stuff at $63 a box. I also bought 3 cases of ready to drink myoplexes at $3 each drink($36 a case). Let me know where you bought it. What a deal!!
    I get myoplex for $49.99 plus ship at DPSnutrition.com... most of their stuff is the cheapest I've found..

Samson7 is offline Member
    to make my tuna taste better i mix bbq sauce in there and it almost taste like chicken.......you may or may not like this

Thread Information