Thread: Acutane?

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member

Acutane?

im going to use this for spots i cant get rid of ,i know about the dry lips and skin but i want to try.

are they normally hard to get or quite easy i havent heard them mentioned before.

what sort of price should you pay?

if pay isnt allowed pm price please just to make sure im not getting my pants pulled down

Alex_235 is offline Junior Member
    Acutane is a Acne Medication It's Not an Anabolic Steroid and unlike some steroids acutane really shouldn;t be used w/o the supervision of a Doctor.

*FYI before they even prescribe it to you they run several blood tests and make you sign a waiver Acknowledging that use could result in death.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    i have been taking accutane for a long time now...works great for me...the only sides for me is some dry skin, but definitely worth it IMO

_Chris_ is offline Associate Member
    What about Bactrim mate? Been hearing good things about that..

STRANGE is offline Associate Member
    ya what about prices i was wonderin too gona get some too and dont want to pay to much

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    bump

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Several research companies carry it....... or just go to your dermatologist and get a perscription for it if you have insurance, the generic brand out now only costs $5 a month

i havent seen a research compay that carries it do they call it another name. i am really eager to get some i dont have insurace any more or a perscription plan??

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mike88
    i havent seen a research compay that carries it do they call it another name. i am really eager to get some i dont have insurace any more or a perscription plan??

isotretin / isotretinoin

rontg is offline Associate Member
    i had bad acne in high school and if you do go to the doc, they will try everything on you before they give you accutane, they gave me like 3 anti-biotics, then like 2 gels, none worked, accutane cleared it up in like 2 months. accutane is supposed to cause suicidal tendancies, but i hated being in public when i had bad acne, how in the world could you be depressed when your acne is gone with accutane, i was happier than hell

isotretin / isotretinoin
    ya i know that was the name but still no luck is it in pill form or in gel???? ya i took it once when i was younger and worked like a charm now ever since i took my last cycle i have been broken out bad i have tried everything and that was at least 3 months ago

I NEED HELP!?

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    i had bad acne in high school and if you do go to the doc, they will try everything on you before they give you accutane, they gave me like 3 anti-biotics, then like 2 gels, none worked, accutane cleared it up in like 2 months. accutane is supposed to cause suicidal tendancies, but i hated being in public when i had bad acne, how in the world could you be depressed when your acne is gone with accutane, i was happier than hell
    i had the same exact experience

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    i had the same exact experience
    same thing for me only it took 6 months to work. After that I haven't had a zit since 8th grade.

ya i guess thats what happend to me execpt when i took my juice last time it made it all come back and now im in a real jam this sucks

Gatorwr is offline New Member
    I too took accutane a few years ago. I agree with what the others have said. It was defintely a last resort from my dermatologist. I had to have blood test every month and the side effects were the dry lips and skin. However, i did not have insurance at the time and i had to pay our of pocket....400.00 per month. Not cheap to say the least, but it did work. Recently I have seen and read more about the depression and suicidal tendencies on TV and in Mags, like any product all side effects whether minimal or not have to be listed and I believe they are now including those two on the packaging.One major one for women is that they cannot take it if they are prgnant because it will cause birth defects...best of luck.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Bulldog, just how bad is your acne?. You shouldn't have a problem getting it in N.I. if you find it difficult and really need it let me know and I'll ask about a source up there for you. My guy down here is from N.I..

Thread Information