Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    crazed98 is offline Associate Member

WTF!! What do people take?

I am on my 10th week of cyp/deca , doing 11th week just cyp. most of the cycle was 400/400 then 500cyp/300 deca and kept it that way til now (backed off the deca cause affraid if "deca dick") Have no symptoms though... Anyway what are people taking to get them freakin big? I want a chest!! I got soo strong, flat bench I can do between 315-365 about ten times, that not a max either. Incline I only do about 200-225. same reps, and decline is just disgusting amount. But I still dont have the huge freakin chest, PLEASE help, anyone have recomendations about next cycle? Something better than cyp/deca? done 3 cycles total, and gain about 10-17lbs, hold about 11lbs. My shoulders, arms, back can all get big, but no **** chest, any suggestions are appreciated!

PS.
    To some that might not be alot of weight for chest, but I am only 5'6 1/2. weigh in at 183lbs. And yes a good 10-12 pounds of that I could loose of fat!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Your diet probably sucks.

AVAGO is offline Member
    I could be wrong but its not nesserily the amount of weight, rather the method of movement, if that makes any sence. Excentuate your pec movement and try to isolate your pecs with a good weight. A heavier weight is usually being pushed by delts IMO

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    for one thing u gotta do more than one cycle lol... how old are u? it all comes down to diet, proper training as well. they guys that are huge have been in the game for a long time and have probably been working out for the last 10+yrs hard.

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    slow down brother, nothing in this game is fast. people take a variety of things to get big but they also are dediczated to the lifestyle often for decades bafore they are considered a total freak. keep throwing steel and it will all come in due time

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    Are you giving your chest enough time to recover from workouts? Also like the others said make sure your diet is top notch.

It would be nice if you listed your diet and workout routine as well, but for now this is my input.

Lifting weights.... its tearing the muscle apart so you can fill them in with nutrients! You don't grow in the gym, you grow out of the gym. Give yourself enough time between body parts.

Ok I weighed in at 129lbs, about 6 years ago, worked out hard for 4 years gained up to 159lbs, on my own. so about two years ago I started cyp and deca . did 3 cycles up til now, and weigh in somewhere in the mid to low 180's. My diet is clean, cook mostly for myself. I am 25. In other posts I had people look at my diets, all said it was fine, but that freakin chest, ****it I want chest, I buy every muscle book out there, follow the motions, talk to doctors, and chest doesnt change. I am crazy about chest, its so strong but no proof of that.

Like Big Rig said, you should post up your training and diet in the appropriate forums.

Usually
    Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Legs
    Weds-Arms
    Thurs-Back
    Friday-shoulders
    And if I feel like **** about my chest, I will either throw in light chest with shoulders or do chest on saturday, sometimes.

Breakfast:
    bowl of oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    Snack: protien shake
    Lunch: tuna, salad, brown rice. Or Bostan Market chicken, no skin, and veggies.
    Snack: Can of plain tuna, or protien shake
    Dinner: grilled fish, or chicken, or lean beef, sweet potato, salad with oil+vinegar. Veggies
    Snack before bed: Muscle tech's NIGHTIME protien

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed98
    Usually
    Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Legs
    Weds-Arms
    Thurs-Back
    Friday-shoulders
    And if I feel like **** about my chest, I will either throw in light chest with shoulders or do chest on saturday, sometimes.

What do you do on chest day?

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    in the appropriate forums.

CAPS

Usually
    Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Legs
    Weds-Arms
    Thurs-Back
    Friday-shoulders

YOU MIGHT TAKE A REST DAY ON WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY AND BUMP THE REST OF THE WORKOUTS BACK A DAY. DOING ARMS AND BACK ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS ISN'T GENERALLY A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE YOURE BICEP SORENESS MAY AFFECT YOUR BACK WORKOUT.

Breakfast:
    TONS MORE PROTEIN... HOW BIG IS A "BOWL" OF OATMEAL

HOW MUCH PROTEIN? EAT SOME CARBS AND/OR FATS WITH THIS.

HOW MUCH TUNA AND RICE?

I'D CHANGE IT TO 1 1/2 CANS OF TUNA FOR AROUND 50G PROTEIN... AGAIN, ADD FATS AND/OR CARBS FOR EXTRA CALORIES.

Dinner: grilled fish, or chicken, or lean beef, sweet potato, salad with oil+vinegar. Veggies
    You should also check into drinking a postworkout shake within 20 minutes of the end of your workout... it your most anabolic time of day, you don't want to miss it. Protein and dextrose in a 1:2 ratio is a good mix.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 03-23-2005 at 12:48 PM.

j martini is offline Member
    Usually
    Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Legs
    Weds-Arms
    Thurs-Back
    Friday-shoulders

Breakfast:
    You need to be eating more than that. As for your chest it sounds like your shoulders and triceps are doing most of the work. If i was you i would drop the barbell, only suited to those that have the genetics for chest development IMO. Use only dumbells, concentrate on isolating your chest by keeping your shoulders back and chest elavated concentrate on form not weight.
    A good way to shock the pecs is to pre exhaust superset dumbell flyes with presses. Doing the flyes first will pre exhaust your chest so that when you move onto presses you will finally be able to bring your pecs to failure before your delts and tris.

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    You need to be eating more than that. As for your chest it sounds like your shoulders and triceps are doing most of the work. If i was you i would drop the barbell, only suited to those that have the genetics for chest development IMO. Use only dumbells, concentrate on isolating your chest by keeping your shoulders back and chest elavated concentrate on form not weight.
    A good way to shock the pecs is to pre exhaust superset dumbell flyes with presses. Doing the flyes first will pre exhaust your chest so that when you move onto presses you will finally be able to bring your pecs to failure before your delts and tris.
    Yeah, good advice. Lay flat on a bench grab some 25 or 30 lbs dumbbells and do flies. go down to about ear level and all the way back up keeping your elbows slightly bent. Form is everything.

People tell me that my chest is huge. I use mostly dumbbells cuz I can control them better. I start out doing incline press, then flat press, then flat flies, then decline press, then I'll wrap it up with incline cable flies.

Also see if this works...I split up large/small muscle groups. For instance maybe this works better if you feel expieremental sometime.

Mon- Chest/bis
    tues- Back/tris
    wed- quads/hams/abs/forearms
    thurs-off
    fri - shoulders/calves
    sat- cardio/abs
    sun- off

I keep workouts around 45-50 minutes long (excluding cardio) and intense. The last 30 minutes I'm grunting and screaming like an animal and everyone looks at me.

Just keep pressing it man and you'll get that chest you want.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Just takes time.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Usually

Breakfast:
    You are not eating enough.

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    i eat more than that and im only 165 . i had the same problem with my chest i was benching with my shoulders, as said earlier forget bench and focus on dumbells

This is some REALLY good advice! I appreciate it, and will take it all into consideration, eat more of the proper things, and use dumb bells to focus on my chest. I tried dumb bells last week, I was more sore than with the bar, actually never really sore when using the bar, huh, have to give that a try. Big rig, I am always up for new stuff, I will go with your routine and see how I do! Thanks!

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    I am on my 10th week of cyp/deca , doing 11th week just cyp. most of the cycle was 400/400 then 500cyp/300 deca and kept it that way til now (backed off the deca cause affraid if "deca dick") Have no symptoms though... Anyway what are people taking to get them freakin big? I want a chest!! I got soo strong, flat bench I can do between 315-365 about ten times, that not a max either. Incline I only do about 200-225. same reps, and decline is just disgusting amount. But I still dont have the huge freakin chest, PLEASE help, anyone have recomendations about next cycle? Something better than cyp/deca? done 3 cycles total, and gain about 10-17lbs, hold about 11lbs. My shoulders, arms, back can all get big, but no **** chest, any suggestions are appreciated!

PS.
    To some that might not be alot of weight for chest, but I am only 5'6 1/2. weigh in at 183lbs. And yes a good 10-12 pounds of that I could loose of fat!
    Your 185lbs , you dont eat nearly enough and your benching 365x10?? And your saying you have a small chest???

Am i reading that wrong?

crazed98, i would give anything to bench 370 x 10. Suck my left nut you whiney girly man!!! not really

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    i would pre-exhaust your chest with some fly's before starting your primary workout

Italion Stallion07 is offline Associate Member
    nothing fillied up my chest like 40mg of Dbol everyday for 4 weeks with a lil test... JMO... maybe youll like that too

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    bro your incline sucks compared to your flat, thats the problem. your upper chest is what makes your chest overall look so big.

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Also you might want to train with a partner if possible and do some forced reps. My trainer introduced me to them and I havent been that sore in a long time. I couldnt flex my chest for days. I have the same small chest prob. My arms are huge and my chest is small but o well I know it takes time and I'm not planning on giving up. Hang in there and keep training.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    365x10, and you can only do 200x10 inclined? I can do 200x 10 inclined, and my max bench is only 320 for 3 reps.

Your diet sucks too man, you arent eating enough. Put in flye exercises, switch up your routine, use dumbbell presses, etc. You need change.

timeismoney is offline Associate Member
    Concentrate on isolating your chest movements more and don't worry about the weight at all. My chest is by far the most impressive part of my body and while I do put up decent weight when I rep, you will rarely ever see me go even close to my max. I concentrate on the mind muscle connection as much as possible and do a lot of fly's. Whether it is dbell or cables, I believe those are vitally important to your chest development compared to any press. And for your pressing movements, keep your chest guessing. Hit em with dbell presses rather then barbell and try hitting more incline presses then flat presses. Another thing that is vitally important for chest development (as with any muscle) is flexing. It takes a while for someone to become comfortable with flexing in the gym, but it's something that separates real bodybuilders from the wanna be's. Good luck bro and keep working hard.

And don't worry about the AAS as much, I had a huge chest before I ever did AAS. Just concentrate in the gym and the gains will come. For some they come slower then others, but you get what you put into it. Keep shocking the muscles and they won't have a clue about what is being thrown at em and they'll have no choice but to explode.

Ironmanjay is offline Associate Member
    It could just be that its your genetics too. Most of us on this board couldnt look like jay and ronnie evan if we didnt work and had all the roids in the world and were able to work out twice a day etc. It still wouldnt matter

Zennie is offline Junior Member

Err, wait a minute here....

One bro here made a very valid point.

"flat bench I can do between 315-365 about ten times"

There is no way that you can bench so much (compared to me, I can only do 315 for a rep or two) more and yet you are not tall 5ft 6.5. To be able to bench this much, your chest MUST have to have some substance to it.

And to those people who replied saying he must do this and that....not to flame but I won't be surprised if half the guys who responded to this can't even bench that much and probably has a smaller chest that the bro complaining that his chest is not big enough.....big and small is subjective, but the fact that if he can bench so much (even if his triceps and delts are extremely strong), his chest shouldn't be small.......

I refuse to comment. Actually, I should ask for your advise to be able to bench so much and yet at 5ft 6.5"......not too bad in my opinion. But I agree, your inclines are quite low compared to your bench cos i can do 275 for a couple reps on incline, and 315 for a couple for flat.

zuke is offline Member
    here's what helped my chest grow:

i ditched the barbell for a while. i work on dumbells mainly and just throw in barbell occasionally for a change in my workout. i try to focus on upper chest more. if i find myself at a plateau, i take a two weeks off of the heavy weights and do one insane high rep chest workout a week (usually with pushups with my feet elevated).

i don't know if any of this helps you or not, but it's what works for me. everyone is different...

zuke is offline Member
    another thing that was limiting me was the manner in which i was performing my dumbell presses. i was keeping them pretty close together throughout the range of motion. my brother pointed it out to me so i started getting more of a spread and really concentrating on using my chest to get the weight up. made a big difference for me

Logan13 is offline Banned

my turn

As stated earlier, you need to eat more (preferrably protein) you should be shooting for ~350 grams of protein for your body weight. I do not think that diet is the only reason why your chest(as you have claimed) is not growing. The discrepency between your flat and incline leads me to believe that you have built up your lower&mid chest but not your upper. The upper chest size is what will give you a thicker chest. make sure that your hands are far enough apart and that you isolate any muscle during the exercise. you and i are the same size so i do know where you are coming from. our flat benches are identical, but my incline is higher....my chest is also what really stands out. I would review your technique, maybe on all exercises. use light weight to help get the feel for isolating, then start again with the heavy, low rep lifting on the chest. the use of dumbbells will allow you to get a feel for isolation. the upper chest really requires alot more isolation than the lower. unless you are lifting 6 hours/day & 6 days/week, you need to hit the chest more than once/week. it does not take a week for the pecs to recupe. after you get the form down, start hitting the bench with HEAVY weight and LOWER reps for thickness, at least half of your sets should be done with heavy weight/low reps.

bigjaylow is offline Associate Member
    Could be your shoulders are growing right around with your chest growing take some measurements, maybe your chest is getting bigger its just offsetting because your shoulders are growing too, with benching.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    I had that problem, my bench was awsome but my pecs werent growing like i felt they needed too. All I was doing at the time was decline, flat, and incline bench. I added in flys and my pecs filled in nicley, and my bench went through the roof too.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    people get big from smoking crack and drinking vodka. no but I heard to bulk up REALLY fast , beer and peanut butter

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    I could be wrong but its not nesserily the amount of weight, rather the method of movement, if that makes any sence. Excentuate your pec movement and try to isolate your pecs with a good weight. A heavier weight is usually being pushed by delts IMO
    Indeed! I always train light, compared to others my size. For instance, for bench, I never lock out, never pause, and always focus on raising the elbows, with the bar and forearms incidentally balanced over them, rather than focusing on the bar. A little trick that helps to keep triceps out of it. Also I concentrate on squeezing the shoulder blades down into the bench. Helps control deltoid contribution. I don't goof around with a spotter or forced reps... a spot to help rack the bar, after I fight it up off my chest a couple of times, that's it. I get the same stress on the pecs with probably two plates less than if I were concerned with the numbers. Emphasis on the numbers can indeed be counterproductive, when trying to gain muscle. Plus, with lighter weights, the risk of injury is reduced somewhat.

I think the OPs diet is probably partly at fault, too.

That is a nice cycle and lots of guys use that identical regimen with unspectacular but respectable results, without ever going to heavier stacks. I have never used anything heavier, at least not yet. The cycle is not at fault, unless some of the gear is fake, maybe.

Most people will tell you, while the amount of weight you lift does corralate to muscle size to a certain degree, it really doesn't meen that much at all. As I stated above, and as others stated also, don't worry about the amount of weight you are repping. Concentrate on the feeling of the muscle, develop the mind muscle connection and really feel yourself isolating the pecs rather than bringing in secondary muscles to assist you in your chest lifts. You'll grow... it just takes time and effort.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    don't obsess on the chest at the expense of the back or you'll end up with rounded shoulders, looking like a gorilla. Make sure the opposing muscles to the pecs are just as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by woodiechopper
    don't obsess on the chest at the expense of the back or you'll end up with rounded shoulders, looking like a gorilla. Make sure the opposing muscles to the pecs are just as strong.

Good call bro. This is something that hasn't been mentioned on this thread, even though it wasn't what he was asking, still important to state. I see so many young lifters who never hit back and concentrate on chest and arms like crazy. Those are the same kids that have rotator cuff tears, and all kinds of problems in the future.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I read some posts a few days ago from Swolecat that stated that he had to learn to use alot less weight and different exercises and different styles of training to make his chest grow the way he wanted. He is freaking huge and I dont think he said he works out with more than 315 really. He mostly does dumbell exercises. maybe he can chime in with some info here.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You are right about the back, too, Woodie. Really, it is a wide back that makes the chest look wide. Without a decent spread of lats, you just get a barrel chest that doesn't really impress anyone. Big delts help, too, to give a nice V shape to the upper body, making the chest seem even bigger. And I see guys with really freaky arms, and to me at first glance it makes their chest look smaller. It is a proportion thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information