Deez101 is offline Junior Member

Help a brother out........

I did a shot of 1cc of test c on my left delt this past saturday afternoon. I did the usual inject prep stuff, and it felt great up until monday. My girlfriend, who doesn't know I'm on the stuff, was massaging my shoulders on monday. later that night, my delt started to get red and swell just a little bit.

This isn't anything I haven't experienced before with my gear. I am using eql and this is my second cycle.

The red got redder and the soreness got worse. But even more scarier to me was the obvious swelling that was spreading below my delt toward my tricep and elbow. the swelling looks literally like there is some water held up underneath my skin.

Well it's friday today, and there is absolutely no pain, but my elbow area is still swolen like there is a little water puddle beneath it!! WTF?!

What should I do??

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like an infection to me...anyone else?

mitch428cj is offline Member
    maybe try a 1 inch needle next time if your not already using one , i would just rub it and maybe put and heat pad on it every so often and it should go away , could have something to do with it being your first delt shot of the cycle , if it gets worse get it checked out

This isnt the first delt shot on that delt. And, shouldn't infections hurt like hell? I feel absolutely no pain to the touch.

The "water" puffiness is going away slowly, but very slowly.

Don't mess with that site for awhile. Let it heal on its own for now and keep us posted. BTW, was the site hot when you felt it? You must be careful as you might develop an abcess although EQ to me doesn't even tickle my site. I can ram 3cc's of EQ in my delt with not even the sligtness of pain or bother the next day. Good luck

Also, I have some Cephalexin on hand in case of infection, but I don't want to waste it if I don't need it. I wanted to save it in case of an obvious infection down the road.

I have had cellulitis, which turned into staph, before so I know what symptoms to be aware of for those type infections.

I also heard that its not too good to take antibiotics all of the time as your body gets used to them and they stop working.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    If its just a little infection or reaction it will go away. If you start running a fever and or start feeling like you have the flu get yer butt to the Dr. you could have blood poisoning.

Yeah, I'm on Tetracycline now and I plan to get off. I'm sick as hell.

Actually, I did get pretty sick the next day on Tuesday, but my girlfriend was also sick with the same symptoms, as well as several others I know, so I think it was something in the air. Allergies are killing me right now!

I don't feel sick anymore as far as body temp and headaches, but my allergies are still killing me!

Anyway, I don't think it was blood poisining or I'd be dead by now. BTW, how could I possibly get blood poisining with the gear that I have shot several times before? Could it be a reaction to the massaging or what?

I did another inject yesterday in my glute and it feels just fine. I really think that if you start to massage the inject site a couple of days after the shot, that it irritates it somehow.

But I'm a newb so I appreciate all of your help so far!

I'm sick as hell too man. Peice of **** sicknesses!

Quote Originally Posted by Deez101
    I also heard that its not too good to take antibiotics all of the time as your body gets used to them and they stop working.
    Yes that's true...you don't want to take the antibiotics unless you really need them. Your body builds up a tolerance to them so when you really do need them they won't be as effective, if at all. But if you feel the fever or see any strange red lines forming, see the doc...take a lesson from BDTR...he's in the ER right now.

Everytime I inject in my left delt it swells up so bad that I have no seperation between my bicep and shoulder. It looks scary and hurts like hell, but always goes away in about 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddman
    Yes that's true...you don't want to take the antibiotics unless you really need them. Your body builds up a tolerance to them so when you really do need them they won't be as effective, if at all. But if you feel the fever or see any strange red lines forming, see the doc...take a lesson from BDTR...he's in the ER right now.
    Thanks bro. But what do you think? My fever and illness, for the most part except the allergies, has went away. It has been four days though. But like I said, no pain, no redness, just a little puffiness right above my elbow?!

Should I just wait it out?

I'm no doctor bro, but without a fever/redness/pain I don't see the rush for antibiotics. I would wait a couple of days if I were you, then decide. But like I said, if you see anything unusal pop up..don't hesitate to get it looked at.

thanks juddman, i feel fine so i plan on continuing with my lifting tomorrow and see what happens. would you just keep lifting in my situation? BTW, I am due for another inject tomorrow, but I'm going either right delt or glute. I only have 1 cc of test.

Also, I'm in a tight spot, because I could lose my job if word leaked out. Otherwise, I would have no problem walking into a doc's office right now and telling him exactly what's up.

I'd lift for sure, unless it hurt a lot of course...How could you lose your job?...Docs aren't allowed to leak out such information where I'm from. If it were really a problem, what about a walk-in clinic type of place?

thanks again bro, I'll hit it tomorrow and see how I feel. I hate to keep hitting you up for questions, but infections aside, how do you feel about training while your allergies are bothering you?

I don't have a fever and feel ok body wise, just my eyes are swole and tearing with some nasal congestion because of these **** allergies! I am taking some otc anti hystemine too.

As for the doc, good advice, I'll stick to walk in clinics just to be safe.

I only get allergies certain times of year..usually in the summer. Its a pain in the ass, but I just stick it out bro...one of those things you know. Isnt really much to do about it.
    Good luck with the "potential" infection bro.

Thread Information