Thread: Trap injections

symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Trap injections

who else here does these regularly? It's weird, no matter how many times I do it, I always get anxious or nervous when I'm doing it. Don't know why. Maybe the feeling of a 1" needle going in my neck I don't know. Also, how much do you all inject in there? I've put 1cc in but don't think I'll go higher, it just seems wrong to me. I dunno.

A shame too because traps are my favorite and I'm hoping that the site injection theory is true so I keep at it.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    I did it once and it felt really weird going in. Probably psychosomatic, but either way i havent injected there since.

Good luck

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    stick with bigger muscles, they aborb better n e how

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswiftos
    stick with bigger muscles, they aborb better n e how
    exactly how does the size of the muscle matter?

notus is offline Member
    I do traps on a regular basis when its required. I usually only use 1cc at time.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    who else here does these regularly? It's weird, no matter how many times I do it, I always get anxious or nervous when I'm doing it. Don't know why. Maybe the feeling of a 1" needle going in my neck I don't know.
    i dunno where your traps are but mine are to the sides of my neck.

sorry, i just assumed that people would know what I was talking about. Seems you're the only one that didn't. yeah my traps are on the side of my neck, it was just easier and faster to type neck than side of my neck. big deal

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought you meant you were going through the top of the traps toward your neck which is

lol heavens no.

CajunMuscle is offline Associate Member
    i posted this question awhile back also when i was considering doing this. the overall consensus was that there is a particular nerve in that region that would be detremental if struck. i forget which it is, but it would be good news for u LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMuscle
    i posted this question awhile back also when i was considering doing this. the overall consensus was that there is a particular nerve in that region that would be detremental if struck. i forget which it is, but it would be good news for u LOL
    well I'll just say that I push the pin in VERY slow when injecting traps. It takes me probably 30-45s to just push in the pin because of the nerves around it. So far I haven't found a place on my traps that it doesn't feel like I'm close to a nerve when injecting there. about 50-50 I have to pull out and start again. I think I'm addicted to trap shots I should just quit injecting there

Swellin Guest
    Trap shots are my favorite! I have injected 2.2ml at once...twice a day. It feels funky with 4.4ml of oil in your traps. They certainly look cool at the time. lol

I hit a nerve once and it had my neck bugging me for a few days. I have come close to it and pulled out. I have hit alot of veins in my traps, but I have found about three places on each trap that seems to work very well. I rarely hit veins anymore (of course I will tomorrow because I said this). The worst is when you inject tren in your trap and you feel the cough coming. You force that oil in fast and it just brings the cough on faster. you know that if you pull out and start coughing...you will never get the rest of the shot in...so you fight back the cough and nail the plunger.

I have learned many things about doing trap shots. I posted them somewhere before.

I reach around behind my neck to hit the opposite trap...I can't reach from the front.

I can't inject traps the day after bicep injections or bicep workout...they cramp.

The first time you hit them each cycle, give one a few days before hitting the other...or you won't be able to get comfortable at night...the pillow creates problems.

Make certain you have stopped bleeding before getting dressed...don't do trap shots if you are in a hurry...it looks freaky when your shirt has bloodspots on your trap...now ay to explain it.

**** swellin you put 4.4cc in 1 trap? ouch. usually when I inject the opposite (right) trap I just use my left hand. But I hear ya on the fina cough, its definitely a predicament.

Swellin Guest
    Nope...2.2 in each on the same day. I have hit the same trap on consequtive days because I had knots everywhere else. I just look for a spot on the trap without a knot and fire away.

I was gonna say 4.4 is crazy. I hit both in the same day before but it was only like .75mL each so that wasn't really too bad. have you ever gotten torticullis (i have no idea how to spell it) from traps injections?

Swellin Guest
    Nope...nothing bad enough to give it a name. lol

I have had a stiffness in my neck for a couple of days, but it might have come from sleeping wrong due to the trap injection soreness.

yeah the stiffness just comes with trap injections I think. Mine are usually a little stiff after all my injections...but sometimes more than others. heh, I just reminiced about my first time injecting traps...oh the agony. swore never again but then like 6 days later I did. just something about em that makes me want to shoot there. but I get freaked every time.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    anyone knows a site where it shows the traps inject?

Im thinking going that way, because right now, I only have these left, either that, or brain, dick and toes shots!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    www.spotinjections.com

The site injection theory dont work symatech...dont be stupid.

I could never do my traps, to much nerves.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Traps are one of my fav spots, 2cc's in each one no prob. As for nerves, i've hit them more than a doz times with no probs so i'll like to know (or see) what nerves everyones talking about or is it like most of the young and uneducated followers on the band wagon and just here say!

BDTR is offline Retired
    I inject there very frequently, never any problems.

3+ cc's with ease in each trap.

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    I hit traps for fist time last sat. First shot went in fine but felt strange when I tried to inject, I slightly let go of the pin to see if I was bending the pin from reaching around. As I slightly let go of pin it sprang parallel somewhat-I pulled out, blood and gear came out. I swabbed, switched pins and reshot. Went fine second shoot, no blood after inject. Will hit traps again def.

Shot 1cc, I feel I could shoot 2cc+ easily there.

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    Traps are one of my fav spots, 2cc's in each one no prob. As for nerves, i've hit them more than a doz times with no probs so i'll like to know (or see) what nerves everyones talking about or is it like most of the young and uneducated followers on the band wagon and just here say!
    thing about the nerves is ur body has them all over......and theres a good chance there are some u dont want to hit in ur trap neck region just like there are some in ur legs or arm u dont want to hit

righton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithquig
    thing about the nerves is ur body has them all over......and theres a good chance there are some u dont want to hit in ur trap neck region just like there are some in ur legs or arm u dont want to hit
    No kidding! Find some major ones in the trap area.
    Last edited by righton; 03-28-2005 at 11:20 AM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Trap injects are one of the only places I won't inject myself. I always have someone else do it.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    trap shots are too risky to do by yourself, my suggestion is get some help with them!

Quote Originally Posted by lollipops
    trap shots are too risky to do by yourself, my suggestion is get some help with them!
    why do you say that? I've done each trap many times by myself.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipops
    Not a chance in hell I am letting somebody else do it. I can feel everything, and they can't. Besides, I give a better shot than any nurse I have ever met.

Did I mention that I have mad skills with the trap shot?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    who else here does these regularly? It's weird, no matter how many times I do it, I always get anxious or nervous when I'm doing it. Don't know why. Maybe the feeling of a 1" needle going in my neck I don't know. Also, how much do you all inject in there? I've put 1cc in but don't think I'll go higher, it just seems wrong to me. I dunno.

A shame too because traps are my favorite and I'm hoping that the site injection theory is true so I keep at it.
    I wouldn't touch my traps with a pin. My wife needs regular injections in her's, which are done under x-ray because of the risk of hitting a nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Not a chance in hell I am letting somebody else do it. I can feel everything, and they can't. Besides, I give a better shot than any nurse I have ever met.
    amen to that. Next time I go in to the doctor I'm just telling them to let me inject myself. last tetanus booster I had the girl just darted the pin right in there and then pushed the plunger faster than I could believe. A .75cc shot from stick to retraction took her like 3 seconds.

Thread Information