1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Now that you're this far into BB'ing, could you go back to being "normal"?

I've been looking through some old progress pics of myself over the years that I've kept, usualy quarterly (none digital sorry), I haven't pulled them out for a long time and d*mn was I skinny back in the day! I mean I look at myself the way I was when I first started in my mid-teens, before I had any idea about diet or lifting and to be honest my physique almost makes me ill. My stats were 5'10 140lbs, probably 6% bf, and that would have been soaking wet, I definetly look it, ribs stilling out, no meat anywhere really, stick thin legs, caved in face, blah!

If I completely dropped diet and lifting I have no doubt I would probably drop back to around 150lbs (still 5'10), my metabolism is so fast it wouldn't take long. I just know I NEVER want to look like that again and will lift and diet the rest of my life to ensure it!

I probably won't even put down the needle for good until I'm too old and fragile to pick up a dumb bell without breaking a hip. What about you guys? I know some people chose to pull out when they settle down with a family and all that and thats cool, I personaly couldn't take the blow to my confidence. Juice and lifting till I die here

Only thing I miss is all the free time, no meal planning, no worring about when I'll get in my workout... I enjoy all of it but my life really does revolve around it.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Once you start...you can't stop. It's addicting.

Meso is offline Junior Member
    I could never go back to the way I was . Exercise is part of my life, I got the same problem when I look back at old pic's, only I was an overweight, drunken slob. I can garauntee I will never be that guy again. I dont have to use AAS for the rest of my life though maybe a couple cycles here and there then I'm done (except for HRT when I'm an old fart).

zuke is offline Member
    i will probably be cycling on and off for the rest of my life... why not?

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    well BDRT the super mod mentioned that he wanted to enjoy his prime looking good and being strong, and really could give a **** less about his dryed up old man years...

Not that I am into doseages like BDRT, but I feel kinda the same... I have had a big ****ty taste of what natural genetics serves up.... a 6 foot 2 frame at 137lbs isnt pretty, and I was in basic training to boot... natural I never broke 165lbs...

Once I juiced up a few times, I could maintain 180-200 lbs natural but it was always kinda difficult. Now I am a good 215-220 and rock solid and just starting the best cycle I have ever put together... and I have been off for most of the last 2 years as well...

Fvck no, if steroids kill me, its far better than dying of old age, a broken hip, heart attack, lung cancer, or drug/alchohol addiction... If I wasnt into BB and AAS I would be into drugs or drinking...

I will ****ing die before ever being normal again...

zuke is offline Member
    i actually gained 10 lbs in basic. but i could never break 210 natural and am over 230 right now.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    i came outta basic at 142lbs and that was after having drill seargents force feed me entire sheet cakes, and buy me food from the gut trucks out of thier own pocket on the rifle range... ( I think they felt bad for me )... at around 30 my metabolism seemed to have slowed down to where I can gain a little more easy, but fat comes along with that plan too...lol

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Juice and lifting till I die here

Yep.

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    It is still possible to attain a pretty decent physique naturally, especially when you have juiced before. I totally quit bbing but when i went back on naturally for a while, my gains were almost like on juice because of the muscle memory. There is no need to want to juice all your life.....can always quit and go natural. at least, your physique should be better than most guys who have never juiced.

UK CHRIS is offline Associate Member
    Was 68kg before i started juicing now in 95kg so i think i will be sticking with the juice long term, makes me look younger too.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I don't see how I can ever give up bodybuilding. Some of my friends say once they get married they will stop. I just don't understand that. That's like saying the only reason you bodybuild is to get chicks. While that may be a good reason, it shouldn't be the only one. Those of us who do it for ourselves will be the ones lifting for the rest of our lives.

Thread Information