Thread: 60 Minutes

jbol is offline Senior Member

60 Minutes

CHARLOTTE (AP) — Carolina Panthers Todd Sauerbrun and Jeff Mitchell and former player Todd Steussie had steroid prescriptions filled by a West Columbia, S.C., doctor now under investigation by federal authorities, according to a 60 Minutes Wednesday report.

Panthers center Jeff Mitchell was one of three players implicated in a prescription-steroid investigation.
    By Chuck Burton, AP

In a release Tuesday, the CBS News show said the players all had prescriptions for testosterone cream filled within two weeks of the Panthers' appearance in the 2004 Super Bowl.

In addition to the cream, which is banned by the NFL, Sauerbrun — one of the league's top punters — also obtained syringes and the injectable steroid Stanozolol , which is also banned by the league.

The prescriptions were reportedly written by Dr. James Shortt, who is the subject of a Drug Enforcement Administration probe for allegedly prescribing steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.

Mitchell, a center, filled a testosterone prescription seven times, while Steussie, an offensive lineman now with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, obtained 11 refills over an eight-month period in 2004, CBS reported.

Panthers general manager Marty Hurney has said the team is cooperating with a federal subpoena that sought contact information for several players as part of the probe of Shortt. He has said he is not aware of any of the team's players testing positive for steroids.

Hurney did not immediately return a call from the AP seeking comment Tuesday.

According to a report last month in The State of Columbia, Shortt has been under investigation since May.

In September, authorities raided Shortt's Health Dimensions office and Congaree Pharmacy near the Columbia Metropolitan Airport. State and federal agents seized computer data, at least 21 boxes of patient and medical records and 256 audio cassettes, the paper reported.

The 60 Minutes Wednesday report also includes an interview with a former employee of Shortt, Mignon Simpson, who says she personally shipped human growth hormone to NFL players and that possibly a half-dozen players received hGH from Shortt.

There is no reliable test for hGH.

CBS said Mitchell and Steussie did not respond to repeated calls and letters seeking comment. The network said that when it contacted Sauerbrun by phone, and asked him about Shortt, the punter said, "I like the guy very much."

Ten minutes later, CBS said, Sauerbrun called back to say he had been confused and that he did not know Shortt.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    who gives a **** if football players are using steroids ... seriously they are dumb not to be using them... fvck man... I hte to see sports after they clean all the drug use up.... perhaps my kid sister can get a tryout with the rams... she is natty!

testoterone cream? You have got to be fvcking kidding me dude...

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    I hte to see sports after they clean all the drug use up.... perhaps my kid sister can get a tryout with the rams... she is natty!

ya i mean i guess using steroids is "wrong" in sports because it gives u an advantage, but then again, they r entertainers and its more exciting when they r bigger, faster, and stronger and able to do things they couldnt do without a little boost.

the entire world is on steroids or growth... hollywood, pro wrestling, althletes, body builders, strong men, models, action stars, martial artists, UFC fighters...

the only ones not taking juice are politicians, retards and hippies...

I hope they all fvcking die underneath a burning gas truck!

steroids are god and olympic weights are jesus christ... I suppose nolva would have to be the holy ghost...

unless your a muslim, and then it really gets complicated...

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    the entire world is on steroids or growth... hollywood, pro wrestling, althletes, body builders, strong men, models, action stars, martial artists, UFC fighters...

the only ones not taking juice are politicians, retards and hippies...

I hope they all fvcking die underneath a burning gas truck!

yea there not juiceing but there getting coked up or Xd out those r the ppl they need to put in jail dam coke addict politicans ....oh and im sure some handicapped ppl in the special olymipics take some juice

oh SMACK, no you didnt just accuse the special olympics of juiceing DUDE!!!!

thats the funniest **** I ever heard... " Corky did you take your anadrol this morning? "...

retards on steroids ... them goofy bastards are strong enough already ever get a good look at the traps on a down syndrome kid, they got no necks...

PS... before somone wets her panties, I used to volunteer with LARC ( lee county association for retarded citizens ) ... and YES they are goofy...

Thread Information