newbrew is offline Senior Member

17 pounds in week 7 - Test E - Normal?

Is 17 pounds for Test E in 7 weeks considered normal gains?

Week 1-2 - 250mg/week
    Week 3-6 - 325mg/week
    Week 6-Current 500mg/week
    Nolva 20mg ED

I have also been on Winstrol 50mg ED for a little over a week

I didnt plan on changing the doses like this. I originally planned on 250mg/week (low dose) but had some extra so bumped it up to 325. I was experiencing no side effects and liked the gains, so I bumped it up to 500mg/week like everyone suggested.

I would like to point out that I have pretty much no bloat/water weight. My face, neck, and muscle are still as toned as when I started, I am noticably more lean than when I started as well.

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    yep,.totally normal guy..some a little less,..some more,.id say you're a little lower than average but maybe thats do to the winstrol cutting some of the water

Xy1on is offline New Member
    Bump.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Is 17 pounds for Test E in 7 weeks considered normal gains?

Week 1-2 - 250mg/week
    Week 3-6 - 325mg/week
    Week 6-Current 500mg/week
    Nolva 20mg ED

I have also been on Winstrol 50mg ED for a little over a week

I didnt plan on changing the doses like this. I originally planned on 250mg/week (low dose) but had some extra so bumped it up to 325. I was experiencing no side effects and liked the gains, so I bumped it up to 500mg/week like everyone suggested.

I would like to point out that I have pretty much no bloat/water weight. My face, neck, and muscle are still as toned as when I started, I am noticably more lean than when I started as well.
    You did pretty good if not average. There are plenty of guys that dont gain as much as you did with more gear because they dont do diet/weight training adjustments. You might be satisfied that you dont have water bloat but reality is 80% of the water bloating is like creatine and occurs in the muscles themselves rather then your fat cells or skin, so the water bloat tends to conceal itself well, but in otherwords dont be suprised when you end your cycle that you will drop 5 to 8 lbs rapidly.

Sounds normal to me.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Be week 7 i was up 20 lbs, so thats about right

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Between Week 6 and 7, I was up 25 lbs, so you're right around where most people should be or expect to be... Im still hoping to pack on another 5-10 lbs in the next few weeks... fingers crossed.

L8

Heavy is offline Junior Member
    How much do you guys weigh, at start of cycle, and how much cycling experience? These sound like serious newbie gains...enjoy them while you can still have them.

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    Its better to keep your test dosage constant all the way through. 17lbs seems normal and if you're not bloating much like you said then ur doin pretty good.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    hows your diet? And what has been the weekly gains? As in, did you get the majority of it in weeks 4, 5, 6, 7?

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    hows your diet? And what has been the weekly gains? As in, did you get the majority of it in weeks 4, 5, 6, 7?

Cool.
    It’s been steady. No significant gains any particular week. My strength gains, however, have def started to kick in right about now. After about 3 sets on anything I feel very 'pumped'. All my lifts have gone up.

Diet.......probably not as spot on as it should be, but here is how the day basically goes...

wake up.... 1 cup oatmeal w/ water
    3 hours or so later 1 200g chicken breast
    2 hours later 2 200g chicken breasts with rice and whatever else

from then on its about whatever I feel like eating. I tend to eat nothing but lean foods such as chicken, tuna, steak. I do have pasta once a day.

I also mix some greens somewhere in there each and everyday, usually it consists of me mixing my steak or chicken in with a salad.

The only part of the diet that I am absolutely religious about is the morning oatmeal and my PWO shake (1:2 protein:maltodextrin shake)

I was eating about 3500 calories a day, but have cut down to around 2500 or so.

I feel I have reached my desired size for my first cycle and I am now concerned with shedding as much BF as possible.

I would think that if you want to lose fat or water retention you should wait until you are DONE with your cycle. Get all the gains you can, because you're going to lose some. Worry about leaning out while you're not risking sides. No?

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    if you are eating2500 cals per dat=y how much do you weigh? 140? I am 220 and eat like 4500 cal per day or i will shrink. but I am not on test.
    sorry to bust in on the thread but 2500? my kids eat 2500.
    \here is a simple formula to looose 1-2 lbs a week/ your weight x 13!!! to stay the same weight= your weight x 15... to gain1-2 lbs per week natural= you x 17. no sugar or **** in the deit please. old college teach gave me that

Quote Originally Posted by hemidog66
    if you are eating2500 cals per dat=y how much do you weigh? 140? I am 220 and eat like 4500 cal per day or i will shrink. but I am not on test.
    sorry to bust in on the thread but 2500? my kids eat 2500.
    \here is a simple formula to looose 1-2 lbs a week/ your weight x 13!!! to stay the same weight= your weight x 15... to gain1-2 lbs per week natural= you x 17. no sugar or **** in the deit please. old college teach gave me that
    2500 is fairly common for cutting it seems. I was eating 3500-4000 up until this point.

I got on the scale last night actually and found that I was in fact 1 pound lighter than I was before, so I will up it a tad and go from there. Trial and error.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    A lot of that weight is from water. I hope your running this cycle longer than 6 weeks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    A lot of that weight is from water. I hope your running this cycle longer than 6 weeks!!!!
    12 weeks. May decide to push it a week or so more than 12 actually.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    ur holding water right now so theres some weight, JMO i woulda kept the dosage the same throughout ur cycle do to the fact that ur blood levels will keep changing which is not to good for ya, but other than that ya its normal esspesially for a 500mg a wk test cycle good luck with the rest bro enjoy

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    sorry to jump in here but Ive just finished 11 weeks of sus/deca (Start with anabol too, and was eating 5500 cals, 350+prot and about the same carbs along with some good fats - pretty good clean diet too. Training was spot on as far as Im concerned. I start at 86.5kg, just finishing and now Im 88kg!! I did go up to 93kg, but for last few weeks ive cut back to 2900cals while on cycle to fat burn a bit so lost a few kg.

Basically, why is he eating such a small amount of food (3500 I'd lose weight big style on that!) and gaining all that weight ??! I cant understand why this first cycle I did was so ****!!!?? I must admit I was on a low dose of both mind so maybe thats the reason - 125mg sus E3D and 200mg Deca EW! But this was a cycle highly recommended by a friend - who also gains from it!! And, also from mick harts book (Which I know now is **** - but still I should gain summit from it you'd think!!)

Anyway - sorry but feeling a little pissed off wi my cycle - especially after reading the gains all the above have been getting!!

Sorry for butting in !!!

I hear 250mg or so of Test to be a bit on the low side. Any comments?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    actually seems quite the average from what you told us

I hear 250mg or so of Test to be a bit on the low side. Any comments?
    Depends on goals when deciding if that dosage is on the "low side"

Anyways, you will grow on a lower dose cycle, and the sides will be minimized. Just depends on what you want out of it. More gains-more sides or less gains-less sides.

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    well this was my first cycle and I aint grown from it at all !! pretty much no gains what-so-ever, nor in strength!! I know they are legit cos my mate who I get them off uses and has used them for a long time and have worked for him. I think I just need a much higher dose. My next cycle is going to be 150mg prop EOD and 50mg of either VAR or Turanabol. Maybe Ill get better gains from that and harden up etc also.

Enathate is the shiznit. Made my biggest gains on it as a rookie

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Massacre
    Enathate is the shiznit. Made my biggest gains on it as a rookie
    Good gainer but its also a good looser when cycle is over. Deca stacked with it makes more keepable gains. Also I think some of the old school ways like lower doses at the end might not be such a bad idea. Before clomid and nolva was available, this is how they would lower your estrogen while not dropping the floor out from your androgen levels, so doing an extra couple weeks at 100 mg might allow you to decrease estrogen naturally while not yet going to zero testosterone . As we know both estrogen and testosterone inhibit testosterone production and this is how clomid works, by blocking estrogen. I dont agree with front side pyramiding but end side pyramiding might be very useful for recovery and keeping gains.

NEWBREW! Dude, good thread you've started, but please. I'm curious man. I really want to know when the gains showed up. On which weeks, if you will. Thanks a lot by the way. We're on very similar cycles and youre just a few weeks ahead of me.

Regards...

NEWBREW! Dude, good thread you've started, but please. I'm curious man. I really want to know when the gains showed up. On which weeks, if you will. Thanks a lot by the way. We're on very similar cycles and youre just a few weeks ahead of me.

Regards...
    Weight gains have been steady, 1-2 pounds a week from the beginning. A lot of it had to due to diet, as I ramped up my calories by at least 1000 calories.

The 'real' strength gains have just more or less started to show up, but I noticed the jump at around week 6. I am now up by around 35-40 pounds on the bench.

3-2 - Was able to do 235 2x
    3-15 - Was able to do 250 1x (with very slight help)
    3-26 - Was able to do 270 with no help (touched chest as well)

My chest workout is today, I may or may not decide to test my max again to see where things stand, but judging from how 270 went up, I could see myself easily putting another 5 pounds on, maybe 10.

Thread Information